PDA

View Full Version : digital painting mecha

muzz
11-18-2006, 11:34 PM
This is a tutorial that i have been working on for the last few days.
i hope you enjoy it and learn somthing new.

If you do make a pic through this tutorial i would appreciate it if you link me to it.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/muzzoid/mechatutorialfinalsmall3.jpg

DKK
11-19-2006, 12:26 AM
good tutorial Dude. this is very helpfull. your style is good and the drections are clear and to the point. As always your stuff Is a+ work.
IM really looking forward To Trying out some of your ways of painting.
Ive always loved how you achieve such nice form without lines

only thing i see with your work is generaly in most of your peices. some parts are uneven. Like the grated on the knee on right leg in the final product. and the toes on the right foot. also the part that telescopes on the left arm.<all of these are on the final flipped image. if you adressed these issues Your art would become. extreemly amazing. Right now your stuff is sheer amazing. But it could be extreemly sheer amazing.

Evil Iori
11-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Nice one dude, you're mecha looks like it's about to fall over though.

I think you should have a section on reflected light and stuff since you're usually dealing with rendering metal, like for example on the sphere, you don't have any reflected light on the bottom of the sphere.
Also might wanna add some things about research and references.
Just a suggestion though, a nice tutorial.

muzz
11-19-2006, 12:56 AM
thanks guys ^-^.

dkk: you would not beleive how extreemly boring that is to go back over and fix up, but i do understand what you mean, its just finding the gumption to go back over and do it.

iori: well i would do a part on reflected light, but i dont actually know that much about it, ill have to go do research on that and work it out for my self first.

shit, i didnt think about referencing, as i never really use it for myself, instead when ever i see a bit of hardware i like i just ussually remember how it works, its only rare that i actually look at reference specifically, but i might do another mini tut to fix it up.

DKK
11-19-2006, 02:21 AM
Yes yes i know I mean for future peices Its one thing you need to consider. To improve your Art to the LEETest quality.

ShimmeringSword
11-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Dont it suk that our styles are two worlds appart. I just love line art.

Now on to the tut, very good stuff and sheds some light on your unique style. Just as said, be very partcular about consistent measures, shapes, and posing. Then your work will go that much further. Also improvement in the color sector will help a lot but thats something that improves over time (which you definantly are improving) and I know youve got a crapy dissadvantage.

So keep it up, help out all the mecha noobs out there.

muzz
11-20-2006, 02:23 AM
helping mecha noobs is fun :P.

and yes my colour blindness is a severe disavantage to picking good colours :(, but i think its mostly saturation and how much of a colour to use that i stuff up on. im doing a series of referenced objects currently to help out on that as well as my material rendering skills.

and i will start to get precise with the details, if it will help as much as you guys say.

Yuri Kolovsky
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
hahaha
Muzzoid beat Shimmy
([whisper] at the mecha tutorial [whisper])

I'm joking ppl, I would never be this mean

But I have to say Shimmering Sword will have to Shimmer a lot of work to beat muzzoids quality of a tut

fshoo`
06-13-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm not really interested in mecha, but when I decide I am, I will check this tut, and see in how far it can help. good tutorial:)

koopdi
06-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Great tutorial, that was really good practice. I've been trying to focus on painting over drawing lately. I thought it was interesting that you start with a silhouette instead of lines. I'm going to start some of my paintings like that and see how it turns out.