View Full Version : Ghetto Painting Tutorial

Jigo
08-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Mainly at the request of a friend.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/jigokuen/tut.jpg

*EDIT*

LOL i guess this is pretty ghetto XD

hanzo+5te:

The original painting was done in Opencanvas 1.1 up until the thing turns green, and was relatively small. Then I blew it up in Photoshop CS2 to get more detail into the thing, and the resolution is at 2000 X 1043 pixels. But since I usually paint on one layer, I have no qualms saving the thing as a .jpg then painting over it.

As for brushes, I mainly use the pen tool in oC, because the watercolor tends to creat a lot of unwanted grey. As for photoshop I use a combination of the soft round and hard round brushes that come as a default in CS2. Mostly though, i use the hard round. Sizes vary depending on what shape I'm working on.

The brush I used for the texturing of the background is a custom one though. It's called "Sampled Brush 2 10" from a custom brush packet I got from Kwiix, called RobG. It's basically like a flat brush in Painter.

hanzozuken
08-01-2007, 01:09 AM
fricking sweet tut, im gonna have to try this method. what program are you using and brush sizes would help immensely.

Steasaurus
08-01-2007, 03:46 AM
fricking sweet tut, im gonna have to try this method. what program are you using and brush sizes would help immensely.
Page sizes would be nice also (including dpi), I hate when a tutorial tells you to use certain sized brushes and you don't even have the same size page set up lol.

muzz
08-01-2007, 07:28 AM
LOL, this was done in an oc up to step 4.

Very nice result!

5te, if your nice i may send you the wpe....

Steasaurus
08-01-2007, 07:42 AM
muz, that would be good :D

fshoo`
08-17-2007, 08:30 AM
very nice