PDA

View Full Version : "Tips to draw manga art"

sleepingbeauty
10-04-2007, 02:20 AM
Hi Everybody,:)

Of course,as we all know the characters of manga art are more beautiful and easy for any one to draw it.

http://www.onlineweblibrary.com/news/anime.jpg

i searched more and more to find tips to draw it.
Tips to draw manga art:
1-Get To Know Your Character
If you read Manga a lot, you might think you know your character, but nothing beats drawing to really learn the individual shape of a character. By concentrating on one character at a time, you can get to know them really well, so you'll always draw them correctly.
2-Collect a scrapbook of pictures for reference.
3-Study the artist's linework and color palette.

http://www.onlineweblibrary.com/news/anime1.jpg

4-Do a sketchbook page of their face from every angle.
5-Do a page of eyes, showing all kinds of expressions.
6-Draw their hands in different poses and holding objects.
7-Write notes about how they move and look. What is special about this character that makes them look different from others?
8-This approach is also useful if you are creating your own character.
when i found this tips, i searched about video to make it more easy.I collected many videos that help me to draw manga art more easily at *link removed*

http://www.onlineweblibrary.com/news/anime3.jpg

Cruiser18
10-04-2007, 03:10 AM
Few things.
-We have a section for member created tutorials.
-Not everyone agrees that Manga art is more beautiful
-Manga art is far from easy to draw, actually since it's such a simplified version of normal princinples of drawing, it could be considered more difficult.

But your advice is good in terms of character creation tips.

Nack
10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
IMO, I think its best if you dont copy characters, it'll make it hard for you to make a transition from that drawing style to your own style, you get what i mean? You might just wanna take pieces of things you like about a character and put them on your own character.

fire-fall-down
11-04-2007, 05:00 PM
I agree with Monkie. Creating your own characters is more rewarding than drawing other artists' characters. While drawing other artists' characters is easier, it hinders the fruition of your own style.

storm dragon
11-19-2007, 09:21 AM
hi guys i have been practicing alot and i cant seem to get... well anything right! how do you think i should practice drawing. should i practice on hands and legs before i move onto to the torso? or should i concentrate on the face only for now? by the way i have asked for a scanner as soon as i get it i will post my artwork

tidalforge
11-19-2007, 09:32 AM
you do realize that you're posting in a thread that stemmed from an advertisement for some random website, right?

anyways you've got a legit question, so here we go. Basically you'll want to practice full body first. Manga proportions are very similar to real life, so get a good art book on how to draw real-life humans or how to draw from life, and you're pretty much done for 90 percent on how to draw manga.

Manga uses simplified anatomy, so basically less muscle details, and as for drawing faces, you'd be surprised but depending on style, the face can either be the easiest or the hardest part of the face to draw.

In other words, practice drawing in entirety, no point if you draw perfect hands and your legs look like rolls of ham attached to bananas. rule of thumb though, is that hands and feet are generally harder to draw, so if you want, spend more time practicing those.

so to break it down,

1. General Human Shape, muscle structure
2. Hands, feet.
3. Faces.

by the way, i assume you're not going to draw nudes (unless you're a hentai artist, but lets not go there). You'll need to practice on clothes too

don't fret if it seems like a lot to practice. alternatives include tracing and copying existing characters you like, so you don't have to think so much.

Anyhow get your scanner soon, and post under the Work in progress thread. We'll see how it goes from there.

fshoo`
11-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't know if you should post this here but since you did, I'll answer your question.
What I noticed with myself was that I avoided problematic things like hands and legs. So now all I can draw is head + torso. I first learned myself to draw heads, then the torso. Thats NOT a good method. You should study all of it at the same time, so your all your skills will grow, instead of just one.

storm dragon
11-20-2007, 09:11 PM
thanks a million guys! oh sorry about posting in the wrong thread.