PDA

View Full Version : Momma Mana's hack Lineart!

Manamaraya
04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't know how helpful this might be to any of you, but when I'm doing work that requires crisp, clean lineart, this method usually saves me a ton of time.
Of course, I gre up on digital art, so sketching digitally has always been far easier for me than sketching traditionally. my sketches get clustered, fast when I do traditional sketches, and it's all around gross. Hence this technique really halps. In summary, it's the "blue pencil" magic technique, but digital--allowing you to ink with a pencil, which is so much more forgiving than pen.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/5981/mommamanashomestyleline.jpg

Sorry for any typos haahaha! It's simple, it's a little unusual, and it can be replicated traditionally with blue pencil instead of a digital sketch (comic chumps do it all the time) but I use it all the time, and maybe other folks might find it a useful technique as well. WHO KNOWSLOL.

jeco
04-21-2010, 05:07 PM
HA ha, this is the same way I do it sometimes. :thumbsup2

*EDIT*
When your lines are selected just hit ALT+backspace (or delete) to fill it with your foreground color.

...or Ctrl+backspace (or delete) for background color

It's a bit quicker than filling it manually with your brush. :)

Steasaurus
06-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Interesting, generally I suffer from printer fail though. I have a habit of taking the make or break route :/ maybe I should sort my printer out and try it this way.

astrapho
06-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Wow, it's that tedious? D;

Meatloaf
06-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Tedious? Seems pretty effective to me. That or you can spend hours with the good ol' pen tool. :P

Very neat, nice to see others process.