PDA

View Full Version : Best Of The Best - Revolutions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Protius404
11-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Alright people, new board so lets give it a good run. Here are my first 2 pages. I'm going to do more i'm just not sure how many i'll do yet. Enjoy. (sorry for the crappiness)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/25.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/26.jpg

Hiltz
11-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I think there's a lack of background. I like how the panels are layed out and the use of black and white colors.

So is this an online comic book Protius404?

Protius404
11-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Well it's a fight club. You know, taking turns with other people that draw the same story but change it in thier own way. Theres a lot of people in the FC. This is just the new thread of the old Best of the Best from the old PK BBS.

Enigmatic_Delugar
11-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Yeah I will finish my pages when I am done with my other fc's pages. Also I am just wondering if Jade gave you permission to do this.

Protius404
11-30-2004, 05:09 PM
I didn't get permission. I decided to do it because we're never sure when Jade will be around the BBS and I wanted to post my pages so I did. The only difference between me starting it or him is the member name under the title. It's still his fight.

Enigmatic_Delugar
11-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Well, yeah you got a point there. He takes like 2 weeks to go on to the boards. Well ok I didn't want to have to wait for this to start again anyway.

PhantomAres
12-01-2004, 01:48 AM
Wee.. new board. Got to get used to it still.. Glad to see the fight up and running again already though.

Way to go, Protius! Take your time, I'm ready to tear up some new pages whenever. It's a blast fighting with ya, now only if Hidro made it back..

Enigmatic_Delugar
12-01-2004, 04:44 AM
Yeah, it would have been cool to see Hidro there.

Protius404
12-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Thanks man, yeah hopefully hidro will pop up soon.

DynastyX
12-01-2004, 03:34 PM
wassup soo everyone gots there pages up hope jonat transferred cuz im ready to rumble
-DX :laugh:

Jonat
12-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I'm still here, my scanner is on the fritz, hopefully I'll have it up and running this weekend.

Protius404
12-02-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm almost done with page 3. I took the extra time to do this one by hand because i've been using a tablet so much i'm afraid i'm getting rusty. Should be finished pretty soon.

ReddDragon7
12-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Back on the old Boards Jade let me know that she/he could fit me into the bearings of what's going on in here. I have since made a character, and can post it along with her introduction and Bio, if you all are ok with me entering. My character will be one that working for the mad scientist like fella, one of his henmen... or rather SHE will be a henchwoman ;). So soon as you all give me the ok, I will start drawing up pages introducing her to you all, just let me know....

Jonat
12-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Fine with me for you to join, also, scanner is coming along, I think I figured out the problem, its not even a software problem, I think the scanning light actually fell off the track, so I get to tear the thing open this weekend, I really hope I get my Tablet for christmas.

Protius404
12-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Ok well I finished this about an hr and battled with my scanner till now to get this scanned. Oh man i'm just way to rusty with pencils...anywho, for the people who read the small background I posted in the old forum should know whats going to happen now. I have 1 more page and then i'll hand it back to Phantom. I'll be going back to the tablet for the next one probably.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/27.jpg

PhantomAres
12-02-2004, 06:37 PM
OUCH!! Wow, that's going to be sore in the morning, I tell ya.

Whew! Brutal turn for the worse but what's this?! Hidden powers revealed next episode!!

hidro
12-02-2004, 08:21 PM
*wave* finally made it here.. still trying to work out everything, great pages guys! weeheheheh!

ReddDragon7
12-03-2004, 09:00 AM
All right then if it's ok with everyone else... I will go ahead andget my character introduced into the story....

Jats
12-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Am I waiting for pages or is it still my go? Oh and im sure its fine for you to join Red (says the guy who joined two weeks ago lol)

Protius404
12-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Haha, Oh hidro man, welcome to the new board! Can't wait to see you back in action when you get things straightend out. I've just started work on my next page too.

ReddDragon7::Oops, I forgot to say before, it's fine by me. How are you going to go about it? I mean like are you going to join in with Jats and Enigmatic Delugar's or jonats and DX's story by being the villian for them or are you going to be a just an all around bad guy? It's up to you, i'm just wonderin.

ReddDragon7
12-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Wello, Looking at the flow of the rest of them, I know exactly where my character will fit in. I don't wanna let any felines out of the bag just yet, but I think I will try and hury my pages so that she can jump in before said opponent progresses their story any further than where they are. I am at work right now so I wont be able to post her right now.... but I will try hard to get her up this weekend ..... along wih her intro...

Enigmatic_Delugar
12-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Ok, I should be getting the pages up sometime this weekend.....Let the transformation begin! But before you start asking questions about the transformation my character is going to do let me explain it in these badly and not interesting two paragraphs.

~*~

-My character was born in the hidden lands of Deraganu Litensho. Deraganu lands were lands that were hidden from the rest of the earth and was still in the feudal area. Mystical monsters were roaming their lands since he was ten (which was about 96 years ago). His father was the sorcerer that protected the lands and was very legendary. Untill a monster with a six sense saw everyones life stream and spat acide right on his dads life stream which corrupted it. Bastion was in the forest at this time and didn't know that he was being stalked by his father. His father was about to kill him untill an outburst of monsters were about to attack him. His father knew that he was going to get killed no matter what so he did a desperation attack.

He used a spell to grind everyone of those monsters into mystical dust that looked like a big black mist over all. He then rushed it all into himself and turned into a big crystal ball that looked like it was overflowing. As Bastion was standing there watching in fear he slowly walked over to the orb and picked it up. Then in a flash the orb quickly tackled him down and dissolved into his body giving him enchanced power and just made him unique. But what he later learned is that he also got a curse. A curse that transforms him into a cold blooded killer that won't stop for anything. He fuses with his fathers old appearence and his current one now and using the power of all of the mystical monsters he absorbed.

But he also gained a healing ability....

DynastyX
12-03-2004, 03:17 PM
yea im wonderin too...

Completen
12-03-2004, 03:27 PM
that last page up there was spiffy-nice.
i take it Ryoma (i think thats his name) is fine, though right? i mean, you don't just give up every time you get an i-beam through the stomach. </sarcasm>
a spiffy-nice fc, and i'm glad hidro made it to the new board. haven't seen you around for awhile, hidro. if memory serves, at least.

Protius404
12-03-2004, 05:20 PM
alright.
E.D.-neat background
Completen-thanks,yeah,ryoma will we ok.

del
12-04-2004, 02:00 AM
hey guys.. its me..
nice pages protius!

btw the new board kicks ass!

Phunin
12-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Yay, delugar's back! :ugh: I am not Enigmatic_Delugar why do you ask? Anyway he belongs to my bro now because he won't stop bugging me. So many posts wasted! :crying: In other news I am done with my first page and it should be up very soon.

Protius404
12-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Yo welcome back del, thanks! Alright people heres my last page. You're up Phantom. Sorry for the bad sound effects, i'm not good at choosing them -_-...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/28.jpg

Phunin
12-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Woah, nice page . But like you said the sound effects aren't that good. But who am I to talk.

PhantomAres
12-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Lycaios the wolf-man. Now I get what you meant about his name, hehe.

Good work, man. I'll start on mine ASAP.

Jonat
12-04-2004, 11:40 PM
ARGH! I want to yell... wel, I guess I just did, but, my scanner STILL isn't working, so DX if you want to do a few more pages, I'll hope and pray that I'm getting that Tablet that I want so bad for Christmas.

And why does everyone have their character transform into a man-beast right when I'm about to... oh well, guess I'll have to think of something else.

ReddDragon7
12-05-2004, 08:16 PM
ok folks... about to introduce my character into this Fightclub .... here is a bit of her BIO .....

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Name - Mya (Codename:Shadowreaper)
Age - ?
Profession - assassin
Mya was blind from birth, but never let that stop her in the things she wanted to accomplish. she spent her entire life training her other 4 senses to operate at an almost super human level. While still in her teens her clan was attacked and destroyed ... she fought well in the battle but in the end she lost her left arm when something close to her exploded, and knocked her unconscious. When she came to.. she was in a recovery room of the scientist that is holding the Best of the Best tournament. The scientist explained to her that he had replced her missing arm with a cybernetic arm, and ensured she would be well taken care of if she stayed and worked for him... she agreed. For the most of this tournament she has been in meditation at her special training ground... but now... she is about to be caled to action... and woe be to those that must face her wrath!!

<><><<><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/mya1.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/mya1.txt

ReddDragon7
12-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Oh, and I have done the inks on my first 2 pages now working on the dialogue n stuff..... should be soon .....

PhantomAres
12-06-2004, 07:19 AM
2.5 pages done so far. Still drawing.. :ohno:

ReddDragon7
12-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Seems the link was not working... I have corrected it... I tihnk

Someone let me know if you still can;t see her picture. I am still trying to get used to this new board posting stuff. and for some reason I just can't get my links to work right....

PhantomAres
12-06-2004, 10:02 AM
:thumbsup2 It works now. Interesting character, and nice pic. It'll be fun to see some pages from the 'enemy', hehehe.. It's been a while since I saw your work I believe. I think you've gotten better, keep it up.

ReddDragon7
12-06-2004, 10:28 AM
For the sake of the story dialogue I am making. Can anyone tell me exactly how many fighters we have still out there.. and the names of each? Need it for my story Dialogue and don;t wanna leave anyone out...

DynastyX
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
okay ill start on some more pages jonat so dont worry

hidro
12-07-2004, 10:22 AM
umm i think six.. i think...

oh and i have three pages done for hidros re-emergance, so after that i'll be avalibe to take turns hehe ..the first one i don't like much, hidro looks like a DBZ char.. so i got out my anatomy book, scaned though it and corected a few things in my later pages.. the last one i like the pose.. *shrug* reguardless ive taken enough time trying to get this done.
scaning them tomorrow after work *cross fingers*

ReddDragon7
12-08-2004, 08:51 AM
I am trying to introduce my first few pages in color.. so being as I donlt have alot of time.. working 2 jobs and all.... it's taking a li'l longer than I had hoped... Mya will emerge soon though....

PhantomAres
12-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Here's the lowdown:

I will be out of state for Christmas from the 13th-23rd. I'll be staying at a friend's place over the break, and although he has a scanner and everything, I have no idea of if I'll have time/motivation to draw. Preparing for that, and because I've felt like doing a long stretch of pages.. I'm doing a long stretch of pages. I've got 5 done-ish so far and estimate between 6-7 total when I'm done.

I'll probably go ahead and put the first 3 up soon, since they stand alone pretty good, as a kind of placeholder since I've not provided anything in a while. When they're all done at least, I figure that'll open Protius (and/or anybody who is taking part in the fight with Marcus) do do his own large spread.. or just take time to relax for the holiday.

Protius404
12-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Alright sounds good. I already expected things to slow way down at christmas time. I'll either try to do a large spread of pages or try some new things with the pages. Or if hidro is ready to go by sometime during the christmas break than he'll be able to jump back into the fray and take a whack at marcus as well. I'll be pretty busy for probably half of the days from december 19 to jan 8th, but i will still have time to draw during that time, it's just i dont know exactly what days i'll have to draw because one of old bud is commin home from the army and we have a lot to catch up on. Can't wait to see your page Phantom.

Jade104
12-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Holy Newness peopl...when did this all happen?

Kay, so I guess I owe my teammates a li'l explaination. Well it's quite simple really. As you guys may of may not know, I'm in Job Corps doing carpentry, well after my Thanksgiving break, I fell off the second story of a three story scaffold (yeah, ouch) and landed on my left shoulder. For the past cuppla weeks, I've been in a hospital watching Judge shows and whatnot. I returned to JCwith a pretty niced sized cast about three days ago. BUT...since my return, I've been drawing up some pix...so far, because of my arm (luckily I'm right-handed) I't a little more difficult to draw, but I'm all good and I ain't down either.

But I looked at all the few new pages and they're GREAT. I love this sory and how far it's gone. Unfortuately, beacause of the new...everything with the site, I'm missing out on a few pages, but it's all to the groovey. I'll see about getting the pages I have up sometimes this week. I don't wanna make you guys wait for me NE longer. Once again, so sorry and yeas I'm OK. Luv you all.

BTW. Thank you soooo much, Protius, for bringing this fight back up (yea, and I like the new title..hehehehe) And that you all for sticking around.

Jonat
12-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Hey Jade, np, I know how it feels to be down and out... remember the car accident? So don't worry too much, we all have things that happens, hope that you get better soon. Oh, and it looks like I'm getting a tablet from my mom for christmas, so I should have some pages done by the end of the year, or shortly there-after, I will have to get used to the tablet, I've worked with one before, just not in this type of setting... or with a PC, my previous experience was in High School with the Mac Laptop they provided me with.

Protius404
12-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear about that Jade, I fell off my dads enclosed snowmobile trailer once and knocked my arm out of socket or something like that.I rammed my arm against the trailer untill it popped back in. But thats nothing to yours, i've never actually broken a bone. Don't worry about the lateness, you had a really good reason haha, can't wait to see your pages. No problem about the fight, I don't think any of us are going to let this fight just die.

PhantomAres
12-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Ow.. recover quickly, Jade.

Anyway.. PAGES! I just love how I dip in and out of quality levels. Anywho, more coming soon.

http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page27.txt
http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page28.txt
http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page29.txt

Jonat
12-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Nice pages, thought it was kinda funny though, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the last frame wasn't a Wolf... it was a Deer.

PhantomAres
12-11-2004, 01:51 AM
:crying: ( :laugh: )

I guess I'll have to try to make the werewolf form look more.. beastly. :squint:

Jonat
12-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Well... its confirmed, my mother is currently looking at/pricing tablets, I've been getting phone calls asking what things meant and if a certain one would work, my mom doesn't know much about computers... well, she knows next to nothing. So christmas should be a happy day.

Protius404
12-11-2004, 08:17 AM
haha, awesome pages Phantom, can't wait to see the rest.

hidro
12-11-2004, 09:54 AM
hehe, cool pages there phantom!!

hear are mine, not very good i must admint but tis been a while since i picked up the pens.

consider me open for pages! :D

http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/BoB-0125.txt http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/BoB-0126.txt http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/BoB-0127.txt

PhantomAres
12-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Haha, those really rock, Hidro!

Bah, I've actually been really sick since like Wednesday. Yesterday and today seem to be the worst so far. I'd say it's the flu, but I don't seem to have a fever. Oh well, it still sucks major suckage.

I'll try to wrap my turn up shortly. Need to touch up and scan some more pages still.

Phunin
12-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Sorry for the hold up......I (cough) was doing a project for school so umm........yeah. I am getting adobe photoshop today to make my coming better.

||Edit||
-I should have seen this coming.........I ran out of black ink. I think my dad just went out to buy some more black ink so i am just going to draw and post up the new version of my character. Fused. I think this will give me a chance to test out coloring in photoshop :) .

ReddDragon7
12-13-2004, 08:49 AM
wonderful pages guys ... I am still doing my pages and like phantom it's prolly gonna be a stretch of pages. Just that time is not being very cooperative with me right now. I have seet a deadline to have all the pages done and up before december 24th... and hopefully way before that.... should get more time here as the second job will be gone soon... thank GOD!! So be on the lookout.... and in doing the quick colors on this strip makes me realize just how long it's been since I actually tried to CG anything..... yeesh I am so out of practice!!

Oh and Hidro... heheh once again your character has made me laugh... just love the way you portray him... very nice comic relief in the midst of all the seriousness

DynastyX
12-13-2004, 03:00 PM
the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the last frame wasn't a Wolf... it was a Deer.
lol!

PhantomAres
12-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Ok, snap. I get on a plane first thing in the morning. I'm out of time, so no more pages from me for a long while.. :(

Go ahead and go, Protius. I'll send you a PM with a hint of what I was going to do so that maybe you can reference it into your spread somehow.

Protius404
12-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Alright, I got your PM and i'll start my pages tomm, my holiday time just cleared up quite a bit to a bunch of unfortunate events but it's good for the fight. I'm going to take my time with them and get my pencil skills back up to par. I'll do a good spread of pages with phantoms ideas and have them up sometime soon after christmas. I'll keep everyone updated. Hidro you'll be up after i get these done.

Jade104
12-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Nice pix all. And thanx for the kind words. Well, the staff here say that since I'm in "recovery", I need to stay in my dorm, which means I have no scanner access right now. Fortunately on Friday mornig I'll be headed back home so I can use mine. These pix are in B&W so I won't have that band of green on the sides of my pix like my scanner does. But yeah, besides that They'll be up soon, kay.

Redd- R U still coming in? I forgot to respond last time I got on. Do yo thang. Put your pix on. If you posted a profile, I guess I didn't see it, but if you didn't, plz post that and a pic for the team.

Ok, Redd. I saw the profile of your chara and I really like it. I just pitted Jasmine against a new person I just made up and it really fits your character. I was wondering if you could put yours with my story for two reasons.

1)It fits
2)I need some recoop time. I'll still be posting pages, but I can't be TOO busy, ya know. So this will be a good favor to me. Kay?

If you have your own li'l plans that's all-to-the-good too.

Thanx:D

Phunin
12-16-2004, 04:26 AM
Does anyone mind if I upload these pages to a website I am making so people can view it easier and stuff?

hidro
12-16-2004, 07:35 AM
hia, i'll be ready to take my turn on your command.

upload away, just give us all are due :P

DynastyX
12-16-2004, 09:39 AM
woo two pages done just need to scan them

Jonat
12-16-2004, 12:45 PM
All right... man, christmas can't get here fast enough, I want my tablet... COME ON! My exams are over, I have a two hour lecture tomorrow... technically that is my Old Testament exam, instant 4.0, so I'm happy with it. 9 more days... then my tablet will be installed and hopfully I can have a page or at least a cover up by the end of the day.

Protius404
12-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Ok, Hidro if you have the time you mind if you take your turn now and then i'll go after you? My girlfriend and I broke up last night and I need a lil time to clear my head. I can't do justice to the pages this way so I'll send you the description that Phantom sent me and let you take it. When you're done with pages I should be ready and rarin to go. Sorry if it's any problem and if for some reason you can't go i'll give the pages my best shot.

hidro
12-16-2004, 08:33 PM
i can go, just give me a day to finish my other fighclub pages then i'll get right on em.
i got your pm, i likes it, i'll give it my best :D

ReddDragon7
12-17-2004, 08:25 AM
well... I should have the first 3 pages for my character up tonight .... I colored the first page, and in doing that realized just how out of practive I am with coloring so I will just be inking and pencil shading the rest of them....

be on the look out....

Phunin
12-19-2004, 08:32 AM
I will get my pages up in a while. I decided to only post 2 pages up so I can let Jats get some burn. SO while your doing your pages I will just redo my other two. These pages are just his transformation state thing.

ReddDragon7
12-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Ok folks, posting the first of my characters intro pages, so far it's 5 pages long, but only giving the first 2 right now as I did those in color. Just to get back in the grove of coloring because I have not done it in a while. You will notice on the first 2 panels of the first page.. I was tring to get a feel for it again... but it came back li'l back li'l. Still got some ways to go though... so here they are..... hope you enjoy .....

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya1.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya1.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya2.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya2.txt

Hope you enjoy.. and more is to come as I finish them...

Phunin
12-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Man your girl is beast.......... I know that guy is hurt. I hope I don't run into her anytime soon.Well here is the second page. Yes I said second page because I am looking through my thick folder of drawings for the first page. Well here ya go! Its kinda big because.......I dunno.

Edit||I dunno why its so small -.-............DAMN YOU COMPUTER

Page 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Enoki/fdsfsdf.jpg)

Jade104
12-22-2004, 08:28 AM
Ok, well my status is this. I HAD six pages to post up, but I was thinking to myself "This is NOT what I want in this story" so I got rid of half of the so now I have three pages that I can use. I'll be drawing all day today while watching judge shows ( I like judge shows). Juss gimme the next cuppla days cuz it's been a while since I colored on the computer so I wanna at least try one'o my pages on PS.

If you guys were wondering if I mad another cover page, I did. But it was quite a while ago so the new additions are not in it. It also kinda gives you a hint on what's gonna happen in my upcoming pages.

cover page 3 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestcover3.jpg)

C-ya all soon.

Jats
12-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Nice pages everyone. Phunin, I will start start another three or so but it could take a while (I estimate in excess of 2 weeks) as I will be cging them. ALso Im a bit tied up doing all the pics one needs to do to join the void site fight stuff, and will be partying for about a week around new years.

Phunin
12-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Take as long as you want my friend.........hmmm, do you think there will be a group invasion or something like that?

Denzive
12-23-2004, 09:11 PM
i luv da fight guys keep it up i cant wait

PhantomAres
12-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Oooo.. back from my vacation. I just spent like 5 hours dealing with airports/flying, then took a 7 hour nap.. heh.

Nice cover Jade. Everybody makes Ryoma look more bad-ass than I do, haha.

Protius/Hidro, take your times. I'll be gone on Christmas Day, and I can't imagine anybody finding much time during the next week or so to pump out a big spread of pages. I'll be here waiting though. :)

ReddDragon7
12-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Ok, I have a few pages done and ready.. just need to scan them and put diologue in them. But now I am kinda at a standstill with her story, I know where I want to take it but I need to know what characters that are still active do not have an opponent right now.

I know there is Hidro, he is lurking in the castle right now.

Elsewhere, there is the Dragon Monk that is handling a room full of enemies as we speak.

There is the two ladies that are still out on the Island handling some ninjas (Mya was instructed not to kill them as they are 2 of the chosen ones :D )

Ryoma and the other guy already seem to have their hands full with the juggernaut fella.

Then there is the ninja guy that the monk was fighting at first.

So, tell me folks who would be the best person for her to murde... I mean fight... heheh. Anyone man or woman enough to accept her challenge :)

Protius404
12-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Cool cover there Jade. Thanks again Hidro for takin the turn, i'll be ready when your done. Take your time though, no sense rushing this time of year haha.

Jonat
12-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Whoo hoo, I got my tablet, so I'm back up and drawing. As soon as DX posts those pages he's working on, I'll get started.

Phunin
12-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. Man, I just got super smash bros melee and its really sucking me in. Anyway like I said have a merry christmas everyone!

DynastyX
12-25-2004, 09:03 AM
for christmas im giving you all a 2 page update!

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/dynastyca/pgwat.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/dynastyca/pgwat2.txt

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
-DX :D

Jats
12-25-2004, 09:20 AM
reddragon is your character a bad guy? if so maybe I could come across her in the building somehow and she can be like the juggernaut guy. Im not sure if phunin is planning on coming into the base too, but im sure we could weave them all together somehow. Im slowly working on a few pages which will probably mostly consist of the monk cutting ninjas up with his sword.

Jade104
12-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Riot- Well, so I don't spoil what happens, Katrina and Jasmine seperate. Katrina is somewhere inside the base and Jasmine, after being frozen for quite some time has transformed into something both more and less than what she already is.

My pix should be up by tomorrow. Merry X-mas all. This is Best of the Best's third year up. I'm proud of how far we've gone.

PhantomAres
12-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Yo DX, nice spread there man! Could you type up the text from the two panels with the blossoms and what the flower diagrams say? It seems to be pretty important but part of it is cut off and I can't make out some of it. :D

Jonat
12-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Actually, I'm in that same boat, I'm having a little trouble reading your pages, if you could email me the text I'll be all good. fisuas@hotmail.com.

Phunin
12-26-2004, 07:04 AM
I will come into the base in my next turn.

ReddDragon7
12-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Jats, your character is the old Dragon monk right... then yeah I was thinking that she'd prolly came back to challenge him.. so that works out.. and if needed we'll work others into that... and yeah she is a bad guy. Bad guys tend to have more fun ....

Phunin
12-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Hmm,hey reddragon you think If i'm there it could be a 3 person brawl? (If I am still alive that is)

DynastyX
12-26-2004, 09:47 PM
okay here we go texted out panels

pg. 1
panel 2:retreat sir i found project appleseed; who cares i found project seeker;What?! seeker was designed to....Eliminate apple seed

pg. 2
panel 1: The dark lotus eye is Nightwing or seekers special power, Ryoma has his regeneration and replication power this is seeker's power.
panel 2: If the seal gets broken his powers will enhance greatly but he will be unable to control it and the dark lotus will turn into the Ragnarok lotus

ReddDragon7
12-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah Phunin we can do that.... so good I can go ahead and draw the rest of my pages now...

hidro
12-28-2004, 09:24 AM
ok expect the first two pages within a day or two. next week i have four days off in a row so expect the other 3 pages then..

DynastyX
12-28-2004, 10:48 AM
how do we add stars to this post?

Jonat
12-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Not sure on the stars thing DX, however, I have a skeleton drawing of three pages done, and... IT REVEALS MATHIAS' TRANSOFRMATION INTO... Hah, you'll just have to wait and see. However, it isn't the man-tiger... after a giant... um... ape? and a were-wolf, I figured the bestial transformatoin thing should be lowered a bit, so I just... well, you'll find out later.

I love my tablet, it makes drawing so different. Well, I'd beter go to bed, I'll work on fleshing out the pages tomorrow, then I'll see if I can add the text and we'll be on our way.

DynastyX
12-28-2004, 09:13 PM
wow getting me all excited
-DX:bunny:

ReddDragon7
12-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Working on the next 3 pages for Mya.... dunno if I will color them or not.. we'll see, depends on how I feel really. They are already scanned I just need to resize them n put the talk bubbles n stuff in.... but I am at work rght now so if not tonight then tomorrow I should have some of them up at least... if not all

Jonat
12-30-2004, 08:06 PM
ARGH... I HATE BEING SICK! Sorry everyone, I got nasty sick yesterday, and have been bed-ridden... Dr. Mom's orders. But, I'm starting to feel better, so hopefully I can do all the stuff I said I was going to do, just in a later time-frame, like, the next couple days.

ReddDragon7
12-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Ok decided not to color them and just get them out here..... got more pages comming later, but this is what I got for now.....

The first page I inked with a regular ole ink pen... then I got some actual inking pens for christmas and wel... I'm sure you will see the difference :D

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya3.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya3.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya4.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya4.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya5.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/Botbmya5.txt

I still got some practice to do on inking, but it did not turn out half bad... hope you enjoy!! More to come... later

Neraid
12-31-2004, 02:12 AM
Do you guys remember me? ^^

Endered up here again by a fluke, and decided to check in, so amazing you guys have still kept this going all this time... so many memories. unfortunatly i still havent gotten a scanner, though it is possible youll be seeing my name around here some time soon..

Goodluck guys! and keep this going!

hidro
01-02-2005, 10:10 AM
bah, i hate my work lately.. im out of practice..

its my birthday tomorrow (3/1/1984 = 19 ^_^) so i probebly won't be on then. but the day after i'll be sure to add the other two pages ive done hope i havn't offended anyones eyes on this one....

http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/BoB-0131.txt

Jonat
01-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Wouldn't 1984 make you 21? cause, my birthday is in a month, and I was born in '85, I'll be 20... uh oh, Hidro is losing it... again.

Oh, and my pages, uh, yeah, I'm gonna finish them when I get to school, I'll have a little more privacy and such... you know, quiet.

PhantomAres
01-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Whoa, love that page, Hidro--don't be so hard on yourself. :no:

Happy birthday (for tomorrow). I have to go back to work on the 3rd, and the next semester at college starts on the 10th. :squint:

hidro
01-02-2005, 02:18 PM
type-O 1986.. not 84.. lol @_@

Protius404
01-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Haha. Yeah don't be so hard on yourself, I like the page man. Happy Birthday too. Have a good one.

Jade104
01-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Nice posting all. Glad to see things makingt progress. Well, I got 4 pages done and up. It woulda taken me sooner but these pain killers they gave me knocks me out.NE way I hope everyone had a happy holiday and Hidro had a happy B-day. I'll be going back to JC soon, so 2-nite I'll have more pages up.

Page 27 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestKatrina27.jpg)

Page28 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestKatrina28.jpg)

Page29 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestKatrina29.jpg)

Page30 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestKatrina30.jpg)

More to come. Hope you like

Ok. A new update on what is up with the "new" Jasmine. Doing bizarre missions all around the world, Jasmine was asigned to kill the daughter of a rich count residing in France. Instead of finding the daughter, she found the father, Count Noir, who has proclaimed himself the last of the Vampyres. After a rigorous battle between the two the count confesses that he has no daughter and wants Jasmine to become just that. Determined to have Jasmine as his companion, he places her in an inescapable trance and doesn't take the life out of her but places some of his life force into her. Now anytime her brain shuts down for more than ten seconds the entity NOVA comes out to play.

Noir thought she would look better without shadows racing over her skin so he made it impossible to place a shade over her (unless she's in pitch black). He also gave her vampyric powers. She can heal very quickly or simply absorb life from any living thing. The more life she absorbes, the more she becomes less of Jasmine and more of NOVA She can surround herself with a red mist or turn into the mist herself. Her speed and strength have dramaticaly increased along with her reasoning and logic. Her flame is more dangerous than before. Naturally hotter and more wild, her flame will always be exposed which is why she also posesses stadard level telekenesis and telepathy in order to keep her powers in check, she also use them for other purposes. She's not talkative yet because her brain is still adjusting to the incomplete transformation. The more her trasformation commences, more vampyric powers will emerge and she will have more than just fire power to dish out.

DynastyX
01-02-2005, 07:34 PM
i know hidro don't be too hard on yourself. Go hidro its your Birthday!

Jade104
01-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Page 31 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestKatrina31.jpg)

Page 32 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestKatrina32.jpg)

Phunin
01-04-2005, 05:00 PM
So,whats the progress on those pages Jats?

Jonat
01-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Okay, I'm set up at school, I have class until Noon tomorrow, then I have to be into work at 4:00, hopefully I can work on my pages some before work and after, if not, I'm free after 3:00 on Thursday.

Jats
01-05-2005, 01:07 AM
got some coming along. feel free to do some more while your waiting though as our chars are in different places anyway - my next entry is gonna be my char dealing with a few ninja base defences, so it shouldn't interfere :)

ReddDragon7
01-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Well, Jats, now that I have dealt with the rest of the island population except the "chosen ones" my character is about to get orders to come back to the base because there are some "problems" that need to be taken care of. Namely Your character running amuck (and Phunin's when he/she gets in) so I will wait until you have done your pages of ninja massacre before I post those up.... hope you all have enjoyed my work so far... and can;t wait to see what you all come up with next

Edit: By the way... NICE pages Jade...

hidro
01-05-2005, 09:38 AM
umm well ..
_ _
0_o
I ;
/-\/`D
|][
/-\
| |

http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/BoB-0132.txt

ok thats it for me for now.. tag your it

Protius404
01-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Cool page hidro, i'll start on the pages later today. I've been overflowing with drawingness lately so i'm hoping mine will be both quick and good.

PhantomAres
01-05-2005, 05:04 PM
GO HIDRO! You make Ryoma look badass.

Yeah, quck and good time, Protius. I got the drawingness in me, too, and I start classes next week again so it might be my last chance for a few months to work on a massive page-load.. although I'll probably spend most of that time goofin' off, who knows.

Protius404
01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Phantom, if you'd like i'll just do something like 1 or 2 pages and let you take it while you have the time if you'd like. I don't have many plans for the upcomming week or two so i have plenty of time to do some anytime.

Edit : I did a page, As you can see I tried keeping it "loose" to see if I could get a good flow of grey tones with the lines. I kind of like how it turned out. Sorry if my style experiments are kinda annoying :huh: I'll be more consistent soon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/34.jpg

PhantomAres
01-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Sounds fine, but do as many as you want to man. :)

Your style 'experiments' are actually pretty cool, especially that one. Looks great to me.

Oh yeah.. OUCH!

ReddDragon7
01-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Oh yeah.. OUCH!

Yeah, same thing I said, that was a nice arm breaking scene... I can really feel that ....

Protius404
01-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Heh, thanks. I feel like i'm on a roll. I finished up 2 more pages start to finish this morning. Forgot to eat so i'm going to order a pizza after i'm done posting these :D . You can take it now Phantom and do the spread you want to do. I know I went more twords speed than quality but oh well. Oh and if you want Phantom you can move the fight to a hallway or some new kind of room because i need to practice backgrounds and right now were kinda in just a big empty room. Enough ranting, enjoy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/35.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/36.jpg

PhantomAres
01-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Nice work! I'll start on some pages today!

Jonat
01-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Grr... I was doing the final touches on my pages when my computer crashed, causing all unsaved data to be lost, which meant all the work I have been doing for like the past hour, I completely lost the second page, and half of the first one. Oh well, I'll start over again tomorrow, I need to play some video games to relieve some stress.

PhantomAres
01-07-2005, 05:50 PM
That blows. I've been there way too many times, but I remain too uninspired to do frequent saves or even set up the preferences to have it autosave every few minutes.

Protius404
01-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear that man. I know how you feel. I love using procreate painter classic the most when I draw on the computer but for some reason my computer hates me and now after i use it for a few minutes my computer will either restart or give me the blue screen of death.

Jonat
01-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Okay, I'm gonna post the first of my pages, sorry about the quality, I'm still getting used to my tablet and then I went and rushed through the page.

Just gonna call it page 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Jonat/BotBpage3.jpg)

PhantomAres
01-09-2005, 12:35 PM
1.5 pages done so far. *yawn* Been watching movies all weekend.

Jonat
01-09-2005, 09:59 PM
My next page should be up in a bit, just need to add text.

*Edit*

Here it is

Page 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Jonat/BotBpage4.jpg)

I planning on at least one more, hopefully I can have it up tomorrow since I don't have any classes, if its not up by then, I will have it up Wednesday.

PhantomAres
01-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Nifty. One question, this has been bugging me for a while: Who's the dude with the breastplate?

Jonat
01-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Not sure, DX introduced him, ask him, I'm just preparing to remove him.

Jade104
01-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Nice pages all. Dang Protius, you make me wanna get a tablet real soon with the work you did. NIce job, bro.

Jonat- I like Mathias' new look. With his hair and his duds all brand spankin new, I'm thinkin and hopin that he's gonna show more of his bad-assness

Hidro- Nice move you made Ryoma do. Too bad it was used on the wrong guy tho, huh? Can't wait to see your next ones.

Well, guees what. I'm back in education again. A teacher came to me in carpentry and told me that my transcript had an error on it and that I need a science half credit now. I don't mind at all. I like skool. The better news is that now that I go to skool every other week I can use the scanner.

I have four pages up (three colored) that is focused on Katrina. I'm thinking it'll be up in tomorrow. It also introduces a new chara. A superhero...hehehe.

Protius404
01-10-2005, 09:21 AM
ok i don't know how long this is going to keep working. I'm currently running an extreamly old version of netscape that i didn't even know i had. My internet explorer won't load any pages and i'm at a loss and don't know why it's doing that. I just get the 'this page cannot be displayed' crap. I had figured it was just something with the connection but my AIM and stuff still works. I'm going to work on trying to fix the problem, if this has happend to anyone feel free to say something. Using this old browser i can check posts and stuff but i don't know exactly how much i can do cuz half of the stuff doesn't appear on this site. If you need to contact me just use my msn(which i'm new to) or my aim name. They seem to be working just fine. I've tried to dl an new internet explorer upgrade from microsoft to but the dl wont start. ugh, so if i'm not around as much for a little while that would be why, hopefully i'll fix it soon but for now i'm at a loss and dont know what to do.

PhantomAres
01-10-2005, 09:39 AM
:crying:

Have you restarted since IE quit loading stuff? I've had that happen sometimes. It's like my broadband goes on strike or something.

If all else fails, we can send you pages over AIM!

Jats
01-10-2005, 10:56 AM
good stuff everyone. sorry to my two guys who im holding up. Ive pencilled the pages but it always takes me ages to ink and cg stuff. also I seem to have rather inconveniently become attractive to a couple of girls I was chasing in the past, and theyre using up my drawing time lol

Protius404
01-10-2005, 02:38 PM
alright, well after much mind numbing computer junk I've gotten the new netscape browser and i'll just use that since everything i've done with IE has failed. So i'm back in action with the net again.

Phantom : yeah that was the first thing i tried but it did nothing.

Jonat
01-10-2005, 02:45 PM
The same thing happened to me to Protius, I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox and installed that. It has sort of the same interface as IE, but it has a changable UI and it doesn't eat as much Bandwidth.

*Edit*
I'm about half way done with my next page, I'm figuring I can have it up tomorrow or Wednesday night. But I have a paper to type now. Just figured I'd give you an update.

Jade104
01-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Ok, here's the three outta four pages I have for ya. The next one will be up after lunch hopefully. Hope you like. No BG in these pages, that's cuz I felt I needed to make up for my prior tardy issues. You'll find, however, that these pages are still good.

Page33 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/BESTKATRINA33.jpg)
Page34 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/BESTKATRINA34.jpg)
Page35 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/BESTKATRINA35.jpg)

ReddDragon7
01-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Pretty good Jade .... I just think it's real cool how this fight is actually following some sort of story line though it's not scripted and there are many things going on at the same time.. but they are still going to tie together in the end.

Nice work everyone, and hey Jats, when you gonna get those next pages up? I dun want the pages I do to mess up your ninja Massacre, so what cha wanna do?

PhantomAres
01-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Nice work Jade! You're making good progress and getting even better, especially on faces.

I'm up to 2.5 pages.. rar. My entire second page is really crappy.. seriously, but I'll try to get a few up soon. I think my pre-order Resident Evil 4 comes out today.. we shall see.. :dance:

Jonat
01-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Interesting, I have to say though, I think I liked the hand written speech bubbles better, I don't know, vould be the fact that I just hit the 36 hour mark with no sleep... second week into the semester and I've got 3 papers due by Monday. So... needless to say, my page/pages will be up this weekend, not Wednesday, drawing them has been specifically for breaks between research/typing/collecting ideas/whatever else I need to do.

PhantomAres
01-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Yee.. 3.7 pages done, I'm on a roll. I'm making Hidro look all bad-ass now, since he did that cool glyph-ring power up for me. What goes around comes around!

Protius404
01-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Nice pages Jade, very good work. Looking forward to the pages Phantom

Jats
01-12-2005, 05:25 AM
as I say red, Im going as fast as I can but real life things are getting in the way slightly - feel free to do yours, ill edit this post and stick mine up her so theyre correctly chronological :)

ReddDragon7
01-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Oh I understand you got real life to deal with, not saying get um out now.. more or less just wanted to make sure you were still with us... :)

I'll prolly do a few more pages ....

DynastyX
01-12-2005, 09:56 AM
o thats the guy who's been watching, the reason he's so fat is because Neraid char which used bubbles as weapons is the power he absorbed get it bubbles=fat lol guess its not that funny

Jonat
01-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Guy who's been watching? Like the guy that put on the tournament, or someone else that has been watching, because I have a feeling that the guy that's been watching would still be watching. When he was in those pages I drew a while back, he was a hologram. However, it could be one of his lackies or something. Also, DX, have you got an email that I can contact you with some ideas I've got thrown up in the air. I have about 4 different follow-up pages started and I want to run some of the ideas by you without posting them up here.

PhantomAres
01-12-2005, 05:48 PM
"Guy who's been watching?"

I don't think we ever named him.. Hidro made him up, so he'd have to say I suppose. I hadn't realized that he'd been pulled out of lurking mode and actually engaged the (some) of the fighters.

Well.. considering that guy is the 'Boss', most of my story involved him in some way from this point on. That's OK, I got idea, so do what you want to that guy unless Hidro has some beef. ;)

Jonat
01-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say that Hidro pulls the most wieght with him, but he is a main character in all of our seperate but equal storylines. If we decide that it IS the "Boss" I can just beat him up real good and have in him shrink down to normal, if he isn't... well, I'm sure you can think of the many different ways of destruction that are possible.

So, I say we have a vote, AFTER we hear something from Hidro. Well, off to bed, stupid 8:00 AM classes, come on, I'm in college, I shouldn't be awake at 8:00 AM.

ReddDragon7
01-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Well, I have always taken the guy watching us as the mastermind behind all the tournaments. I thought of him as a scientist type person that is holding this tournament for his own benefit in some sort of research or whatever that he is trying to develope. As for the breastplate wearing guy, I just took him as some sort of lackey or clone (failed experiement) the doctor made in the lickness of himself. ( failed in the fact that it is not as powerful as he would like and the fact that to be in his likeness the guy is very overweight :laugh: ) Which is why in my starter pages he is still sitting down and giving orders ........

hidro
01-13-2005, 07:45 AM
hmm i guess you guys need a bit more info huh .. lol

well here you go.

http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/martle-lacrox.txt

Name: Martel Lacrox
History: Martel Lacrox. millionaire, inventor, head of a the worlds predomonate crime orgonaization and a pure mad man. Martel Lacrox, or as he was first known Martin leiroy, has been a thorn in the side of justice since he left highschool. typically your highschool Dungens and Dragons nerd Martin leiroy found his early life a rough one. picked on for his stunningly brillant mind and his abbility to caculate a THAC0 in his head, he found his only solotuide in the since labs...

eventally after a few years work Martin developed what he belived was a super drug, able to transform the normal man into a super strong super fast athlete... unfortanatly it dind't work.. but the drug did sell unbelivibly well on the fast food market. thus overnight Martin leiroy became a multimillionare! starting up chains of fast food all over the world.

now Martel Lacrox (who changed his name to sound more cool) has more money then he knows what to do with. so what dose any dungens and dragons do once he become a multimillonare? the only think that he can do .. try to take over the world!

Powers: Martel Lacrox, allthough a nerd, is not sombody to triffel with. he has tested many of his mad inventions on himself.some with noticable effects others remain hidden from sight. the most noticable feature are his eyes, witch are pure black, like large lumps of coal. thus he covers them with his roung glasses. his eyes grant him the power to when he foucus his mind to it he can 'blink' to another location. this jumping fom one place to another is made deadly as Martin leiroy, being a D&D nerd to the bone, allways has a large crystal edged broadsword close by.

sorry for the rant..ish... thing.. hoped that helped in some way. if you want have him teleport all over the place. it would be better then killing him off.

ReddDragon7
01-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Well, that's cool ... least he still ties into my character's story of him eing a scientist and helping her ... :)

Jonat
01-13-2005, 08:31 AM
All right, idea figured out, the guy I'm about to beat up can be him, having tested another one of his experiments on himself, I'll just beat him up real good, have him shrink back down to normal, then have him blink out. I'll have some pages up after this weekend. Everything is cool.

PhantomAres
01-13-2005, 09:44 AM
"Well, off to bed, stupid 8:00 AM classes, come on, I'm in college, I shouldn't be awake at 8:00 AM."

God, I hear that.. :crying:

Oh by the way, I should have a butt-load of pages up soon, but probably not before the weekend. Sorry for the extra week, but with my new semester just starting I'm swamped like mad. They're pretty good quality at least.. except for my disasterous 2nd page in this spread.. it's so bad I can't even think about taking an eraser to it without puking. The rest though, besides lacking backgrounds for the most part ( :squint: ) are pretty solid.

Jonat
01-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Funny thing is... instead of going to class this morning, I ended up having a massive migraine, so I just slept until noon.

Anyway, I drew up some storyboards during my 1:00 class, it was history and we were covering the feudal system, not exactly new information to me. I've got a couple ideas that I think will work out, and I like what some of the panels might turn out to look like. I'm going to experiment a lot in these next couple pages with stuff like perspective and all that, along with actually working on some 3/4 views of people, I'm getting bored just drawing profiles and straight on shots, so... some of the panels may look... wierd... I guess.

Well, now off to work... I hate my thursday schedule.

Edited for spelling and grammar

ReddDragon7
01-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Best advice to you Jonat is just go for it. Even if you think it look terrible, you won't learn until you try it.. and you won't get better at it unless you keep on doing it. In some of the stuff I have rawn here I messed with some pretty funky perspectives and camera views.. some I like some turned out terrible but at least i tried right ..... so don;t worry to much about messing up and all that just go for it ....

DynastyX
01-13-2005, 03:17 PM
yea my e-mail is DynastyX@gmail.com

DynastyX
01-14-2005, 09:53 AM
i think i can make a way around killing hime since my char's real intrest is porject appleseed

PhantomAres
01-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Pages will be up on MONDAY, since I have the holiday off. XD

Jonat
01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Okay, the server here at school has been down since Friday, which means I (as part of tech staff) have been working my (insert decriptive explitive) (you know what word goes here) off trying to fix the problem, along with the server admin and the rest of the crew of course. So, we finally figured out the problem, fixed it, and have the server up and running and those stupid file-sharers that eat up all the badwidth off our backs.

ANYWAY, to explain why this pertains to this FC, I was working all weekend, meaning that I had no time to draw any pages, so and update should be up around Wednesday, or so I hope.

Jats
01-18-2005, 05:23 AM
Had no time to cg, but will have my pages up by the end of today :)

PhantomAres
01-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Super-duper, I got sick off--apparently--some bad chicken I ate yesterday. I was out of commission for most of the day, but I finally got World of Warcraft to sooth my angry digestive system. Anywho, I'll put a few pages up tonight. I still have to scan and stuff..

Protius404
01-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Lookin forward to the pages! I got WoW last night also. Havn't had the chance to play it as of yet though. I'm waiting for the servers to come back up. Then I have to pick one out.

Jonat
01-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I just cancelled my WoW account just last night. The lag problems were too much and I wasn't willing to start over after leveling my NE Druid up to 47, I'll be back once they fix the problems and more end-game content in.

Jats
01-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Ok guys here are my couple of pages sorry they took so long :)

http://laton.freedom-fighters.org/BBpage7.jpg
http://laton.freedom-fighters.org/BBpage8.jpg

just realised..they would have made more sense if I had cged them, as the dragon by his side at the end of page one would have been a translucewnt ghost dragon, abd the ones at the beginning of page 2 would have been like energy dragons *shrug*

hidro
01-18-2005, 04:00 PM
^_^ yay, phantom you should join feathermoon, i have a few chars on there. :D

hidro: night elf druid. lvl 15
hidroules: night elf warrior lvl 20
tearia: human preist (i only use her for bags :P) lvl 10

PhantomAres
01-18-2005, 04:17 PM
I did, but on the other side.

Behren: Troll Shaman. Lvl 4 (only played last night, rar)

GO EVIL! My buddy and I need to find a Normal server also, since he's STILL too stubborn to join an RP one, and wants to shift into PvP servers eventually. I need to convince him it can be fun without specifically playing to hurt other players.. But a Normal server is where I'll do the blunt of my playing I guess, since there'll be like 3-4 people including me together just to play, but I think I'll keep going in Feathermoon since that's where the blunt of the PKers are. If you got any Normals to recommend, drop em to me.

Ok, ok.. I'm going to spend the next hour or so scanning and getting a page or two up for the timing being.

Oh, and damn, Jats. That old dude scares me.

PhantomAres
01-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Yay, got one uploaded. The next one, seriously sucks (not joking) so I'm refusing to upload it until I have one or two of the ones that follow it uploadable also to dull the blow. XD

In the mean time.. THIS one is ok, so I hope it makes due until the others are up as well. :D

http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page30.txt

The TENSION! What could Hidro have up his sleeve!!

Phunin
01-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Nice page man. Also I am getting to work on my pages jats. I will be in the base on my turn. Then I will meet you.

Jonat
01-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I was on Shattered Hand, PvP lvl 47 Night Elf Druid, Lytahl, anyway, back to homework, some pages should be up tomorrow or Thursday... probably Friday.

Also, love the "Hulking Knuckle Monkey" line.

ReddDragon7
01-19-2005, 02:16 PM
My great work on the pages everyone.....

Jats.... great job. And dun worry about takin so long, I just like to know that people I am waiting for are still around. I gotta ask, what program do you use to CG your art in... and ho do you put the text in your artwork so nicely?!? is tat drawn in.. or what?

DynastyX
01-19-2005, 03:08 PM
isn't it ironic that ares taste like chicken and was sick because of bad chicken lol

PhantomAres
01-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Very much so. I decided to redo somethign I had.. done. But it's several pages into my current spread, so I will go ahead and get the next..two (I think).. up pretty soon.

Phunin
01-20-2005, 04:24 AM
Well, if memory serves it's my birthday today. So hopefully I will get a tablet. I probably won't be on not like anyone cares......but yeah. Don't expect to see me on IF I GET ANY PRESENTS!

Jats
01-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Thanks man! I use photoshop almost all the time, but I do tablet only lineart in painter (almost never). As for bubbles and lettering, I use the elipse marquee + polygon lasso to do speech bubble, then fill them white and do -edit-stroke in black. Sound effects can be distorted with something like the warp text tool (can't remember what its called think it looks like a t with a curved line underneath) and transform tools. They can also be outlined using stroke in blending options etc etc. A good place for fonts is blambot.com.

oh and Id like to add that I myself am quite proud of the 'splat!' :laugh:

Jonat
01-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Okay, so my computer crashed and I had to re-install windows, which means I have to re-install Adobe and Painter, however, I left those disks at home, so I can't do anything about it until this weekend, hopefully I can have something up by monday.

Protius404
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Sorry about my absence. Nice pages everyone! My computer decided to crash big time and i took it for repairs at the absolute coolest place ever. Anyway I had just installed WoW when it crashed (the two wern't related). But I just got it back and i'll be back to normal in no time. I also have a horde char on the feathermoon server, though all i had a chance to do was set it up get my char before my computer went crash happy.

Phunin
01-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Ok, I have the story board up Jats. I didn't expect to come on but all I got was money. I might get a graphire 3 6 x 8 this week since I only need 90 dollars which my dad will handle. If I get it soon, I will start using it for my pages. Also jats....your pages are amazing man. I look forward to meeting you again ^.^.

Jonat
01-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Okay, for some reason, Adobe and Painter do NOT want to re-install on my system, so, I'm in a lurch, so I guess, DX if you want to take over, go right ahead, if you want I can email you what I was going to do, if you want to use any of Mathias' abilities, just ask and I'll email you a new list of them. If I happen to get this all figured out before you start anything I'll post and tell you and we'll decide from there.

PhantomAres
01-24-2005, 10:50 AM
OK, finally got to this..

Previous Page (http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page30.txt)
Really crappy one that I couldn't stomach trying to finish, so you have to actually click to look at it (http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page31.txt) (new)
http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page32.txt

I have another ready to post, but I figure I'll leave that hanging for the cliffhanger. Also, I need to have another one or two ready before posting the remainder all at once. Well, technically, I have 2 pages more already drawn, but I'm going back and scrapping the last one to take a different approach.

I'm trying to be a good boy, I'll try to get them done ASAP. :crying:

Jonat
01-24-2005, 12:15 PM
YAY, nm on my previous post DX, I got it all worked out, I'll try to have some pages up later this week.

Protius404
01-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Kickin page Phantom, take all the time you want with your pages. No sense in putting up ones that you don't like haha.

ReddDragon7
01-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Heheh, dern it phantom.. I hate being left up in the air like that. Who hit who.. is Hidro gonna have a hole in his chest too... or is he gonna represent in "Hidro" style... gimme more.. gimme gimme... heheheh

Great work though man .... can't wait to see the rest...

hidro
01-26-2005, 11:15 AM
... give me more !!!! lol..

please?

yes i love the page, and the 'shamed' page is good in my opinion.. don't be so hard on yourself ^_^

<-- noticed the new avatar?

hehe, its ofical .. im a fanatic.. :squint:

PhantomAres
01-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Hehe. More you shall have.

Love the av by the way. Too bad it's not a Troll! XD

PhantomAres
01-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Oooh.. I redid BOTH of my other pages and am working on additional ones.. Whew.. it would be so much easier if I didn't try to do so much at once, but I have way too much drive to make cool crap.

Jonat
01-31-2005, 07:59 PM
ARGH, okay, I can never stay ahead of the game, lets just say, DX, your up, I'm not sure what the heck is going on around here, but it isn't fun, way too much got dumped into my lap this past weekend, so, your turn.

hidro
02-01-2005, 12:48 AM
how it going guys.. not to put pressure on or anything but im back at work on the 14th, so if i could get to my tunr pretty soon it'd kick but..

PhantomAres
02-01-2005, 07:05 AM
:thumbsup: They'll be up this weekend. (Probably not before, but we'll see.)

hidro
02-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Great!, i'll sharpen my pencils!

DynastyX
02-01-2005, 09:50 AM
cool I'm ready!

Phunin
02-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Heres a page I whipped up quickly to show I am still in this. More will come soon and more cleaner and with actual words.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Enoki/page1.jpg

Jade104
02-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Nice work, all of you.
Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I've been having this...inadequacy issue reguarding my drawings. You see, I have all these "how to draw..." books and a plethora of comic books, and even though I have the knowledge I don't have the skills. Now I know we all have gone thru this so I don't feel uncomfortable saying this. I juss need to let my team know that Jade is having one of those weeks. I've made three pages last week...this week I crumbled them all up. So now, this weekend, I'll hopefully draw something I like and have it up this upcoming week. I have education so I can use the scanner. So just thought you guys should know what's been up. My arms doing very well, by the way. Still hurts when I move it in certain spots, but all in all it's an all-to-the-good recovery. BTW, my next few pages will be of Katrina cuz those last pages I threw away were of Jasmine and I juss didn't like its direction. So yeah, more to come this week. Thanx for the patience

PhantomAres
02-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Just woke up and I'm starting on wrapping my turn up. Need to scan a few and draw one, but if I'm not doing anything else *cough*Warcraft*cough* I'll have it all done soon.

PhantomAres
02-05-2005, 12:53 PM
When we last left our heroes..

Page 32 (http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page32.txt)

Now, two more, hot 'n fresh. Two more on the way.

http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page33.txt
http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page34.txt

I said I'd make Hidro look all badass. :unibrow:

Protius404
02-05-2005, 08:31 PM
kickin stuff phantom, good work

hidro
02-06-2005, 10:46 AM
*is new desktop* good work phantom!, should i start?

PhantomAres
02-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Alas there are two more pages remaining for me. I've just got one more to finish drawing and then I'll be done (finally, I know). Regretfully it looks like I'll be working on a college project for the next several hours at least, so I'll look to slip them in tonight or tomorrow.

I know you have another round of work coming up, so here's the deal: if I don't have anything up by Monday night (I'm an eight-to-fiver every day with class and work, so I'd have a little time when I got home to scan and post), go ahead and take off drawing.

EDIT

OK, I'm definitely going to have AT LEAST ONE MORE up in the next few hours.

PhantomAres
02-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Last one. I wasn't happy with the other one, so Hidro can go ahead and take off from here. Have fun! BTW, I was GOING to bring Lycaios back into the action on the next page, since he's been kind of off-frame for a while..

http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page35.txt

Protius404
02-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Nice pages Phantom, lookin forward to yours now Hidro!

Jonat
02-07-2005, 10:19 PM
nice pages there phantom

I finally got everything back up and running with my comp. Also, DX, I go on Spring Break next week, so, I'll have some prime drawing time. It's not THAT big of a deal, but if you haven't started anything or are almost done, or something, it'd be cool if I could take over the reigns again this weekend, then you can take them back after my break.

Oh, I figure I can tell you all this, after this Wednesday, I will no longer be a Teen... I turn 20 Wednesday... yippee for me. 1 more year before I can drown my sorrows in alcohol (kidding... I wouldn't do that, I've seen what alcohol does to people)

Sharingan
02-08-2005, 08:10 AM
lol white eyes. i can't help it....BYAKUGAN XD

PhantomAres
02-08-2005, 09:14 AM
:D

Doesn't that mean 'evil eyes'? I looked in one of the American licensed Naruto manga volumes after having read fan-translated Japanese scans and almost puked when I saw what they did with the technique names.

Anyway.. About those eyes, their function is actually similar to that. More accurately, pretty close to a hybrid byakugan/sharingan but not as powerful in the long run. (I wouldn't say he could see behind himself, for example.) I love Naruto, too, but incidentally Ryoma (the character) is over two years old so my original idea of him having 'eye powers' was around a hell of a long time since I even knew Naruto existed. (That's not to say the manga didn't rub off on it a bit developing up to this point though.)

In the end though, Ryoma's lineage (as Hidro constructed! :D ) excels in manipulating life energy, and their trump card is their eyes, which have supernatural perception. Basically, when fully activated, any eye-based ability can be used, such as x-ray vision as well as other spectrum visibility, eye lasers (as seen before), instant recognition and mimicing of other powers, etc.

Oh, and here's a tidbit for the others: I drew almost a dozen different variations before coming up with that one, including various symbols and crap appearing in the iris/pupil, but in the end I just went with the pupil changing color because I both didn't want it to look like the Sharingan AND most of the symbols looked dumb when applied. (Think yin-yang eyeballs.. :huh: ) On the flipside, having a white pupil is normally a very bad thing, medically speaking. You're either riddled with disease, blind, going blind, or have birth defects.. SUPER!

EDIT

Damn, I just noticed a bunch of errors in the last few pages I drew. In one I didn't finish drawing Marcus' pants, and in the last one I didn't even draw in his neck or anything. Free-floating head, man!

Sharingan
02-08-2005, 10:13 AM
maybe you should've just made 'em pure white. no pupils or irises or nything. Kinda like neji eyes without byakugan. if you ever fix that page you should add the neck and maybe some speedlines to the center of the page in the frame with the "white eyes"

PhantomAres
02-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Actually I did that pure white eye deal with Ryoma about a dozen pages back when he had rested and was at 'full power'. I reckon I'll keep that, but for some reason I didn't like it as much, maybe because it creeps me out not being able to easily see what direction he was looking, haha.

Dude.. I looked back at my rough of that page (on a 5x8 sketchbook) and I did have speedlines to the eyes, but I must have forgotten to photoshop em in. Still, we had the same good idea!

ReddDragon7
02-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Anyone wondering what the lady assasin is doing now... well here yah go....

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/BOTBMYA6.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/BOTBMYA6.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/BOTBMYA7.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/redd_dragon/BOTBMYA7.txt

Jats
02-10-2005, 06:42 AM
phunin: nice page man, I see a lot of improvement. Are you doing anymore?

red: hehe cool man looks like we're about to bump into each other, shall I do a few pages now?

ReddDragon7
02-10-2005, 08:29 AM
sure, go ahead was gonna do a few more but didn;t like the way they were looking so I will stop there and let you take it ...

Phunin
02-11-2005, 04:53 AM
ok,I am gonna do another page right after I finish the my intro pages for another fc. The pages are pretty much me killing the ninjas and then going into the base. Then I am gonna run into you.

McClounD
02-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Heh, these look nice, I was following these in the old pk. I last stopped when that dude through something at Rhama's stomach *sorry i'm lousy with the names* and then people thought he was dead. Anyways, I see alot of progress since then. Keep at it. I'll be looking forward for more!

hidro
02-14-2005, 08:59 AM
ok heres the next one, more tomorrow arvo. i'll have about 8 hours to draw tormorrw..

http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/BoB-0142.txt

PhantomAres
02-14-2005, 10:01 AM
LMAO! :laugh:

Hidro, you are the best!

Protius404
02-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Haha thats awesome hidro, can't wait to see the rest.

Phunin
02-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Meh..............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Enoki/asdsd.jpg

Jats
02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
lol too small! still looks like your improving fast though :). Im working on 4 pages at the moment just bought some new pens :D

edit* grrr! dammit! just looked back at your intro pic for red's char and I made some constume errors (only used your last entry as a reference, and couldn't see some of the details in those poses. Oh well, Im gonna keep my errors consistent in the pages im doing now and fix it in the future :squint:

edit 2* btw I forgot to say, if you have photoshop you can get all your pages a consistent size by finding the 'image size' option, and making it between 500 and 600 pixels wide :) I haven't got photoshop in front of me but I think its the menu to the right of edit. Hope this helps.

ReddDragon7
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Jats: .... don't worry much about the costume mess ups. Just use basicly what you see in the panels. If you miss some stuff it's ok really... she is still wearing her cloak for now... unless you have made her take off the cloak.. which would be fine too :D

Phunin: I agree you are getting better... page was too small to REALLY see... but keep at it ...

PhantomAres
02-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Not to encourage blotching another guy's character design, but personally I think it's pretty damn interesting when another fighter does their own take on your designs.

Me on the other hand.. I just never remember detail work (look back at the belts I draw, even on my own character from turn to turn), and where most of my pages are originated away from the keyboard I throw up a lot of variations, such as Hidro's armor and boots.

hidro
02-16-2005, 06:30 AM
next two pages, first pannel is screwed. and the jumping one looked better before i meddeled with my inking pen.. but over all i am happy with it

um just incase its to hard to understand. the juganaught incarnate is throwing 80 gallon drums around and hidro dodgeing. then jumps up for a arial assault

http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/BoB-0143.txt

http://www.geocities.com/hidro_100art/BoB-0144.txt

PhantomAres
02-16-2005, 08:33 AM
OWNED!!111

The design on those two panels with the barrel-throwing is tight, especially the one with all the dodging flips shown at once. Kick ass!

Protius' go or you got some more lined up?

ReddDragon7
02-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Heheh, NICE!! Very nice ....... that's all I can say... heheh

hidro
02-16-2005, 10:35 AM
thanks guys.. im done for now. protius can go for it

Protius404
02-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Awesome pages man, i'll get started on mine later tonight.

Jade104
02-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Nice pages all. Sorry I have't been around lately, but you guys know my situation. I would be around more if I could, hope you guys know that. NE way, got my pages up on Friday and well...I'm putting them up now. So I hope you guys like and enjoy. More to come.

OLD
Page33 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/BESTKATRINA33.jpg)
Page34 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/BESTKATRINA34.jpg)
Page35 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/BESTKATRINA35.jpg)

NEW
Page36 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestkatrina36.jpg)
Page37 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestKatrina37.jpg)
Page38 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/bestkatrina38.jpg)
Page39 (http://www.geocities.com/lil_jade_comin_atcha/Bestkatrina39.jpg)

Naota
02-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Nice pages everyone, I've been watching this fight here and there.

Hey jade weren't you the one who started this thread on the old PK?

Jade104
02-16-2005, 04:32 PM
hehe, yeah, but cuz now I'm in Job Corps, I'm not as involved as I wanna be. I'm glad Protius put this thread up and I' really glad that not only the old team continued posting, but more came and joind in. I'm thankfl for having each and every person/fighter on this thread. Thanx all.

PhantomAres
02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Woot! Good work, Jade.

Protius404
02-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Kicking pages Jade, keep up the awesome work man.

Jats
02-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Great pages Jade and hidro!

Jade I was wondering, as a newcomer, what your character is up to in relation to the others? Ive read probably your last 15 or so pages, and understand whats happening now, and i read quite alot of the first thread ages ago (and then forgot a lot of it) but am not sure how your character got in to this stuation, and is it related to the base stuff various of us are embroiled in?

finding it very entertaining even in my ignorance anyway :p

DynastyX
02-17-2005, 10:01 AM
k im still here my scanners at me mums house and im goin there this weekend so that cool.......

Jonat
02-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Can't wait DX, I'll be back at school when you post your pages, but its all cool.

Protius404
02-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Jats: I'll answer that question. When the fight began our chars jasmine and lycaios met and fought for quite a while. Unfortunatly i had problems and had to drop out of the fight which means lycaios lost (i joined back up and did a little side story untill meeting up with ryoma and hirdo, if you remember any of the pages between jade and myself when jasmine and lycaios meet again it should be pretty funny) . After having defeated lycaios, jasmine moved on and met up with katrina (i believe that the person who created katrina joined the military so he wont be around for a while and untill then i believe jade is controlling her with along with jasmine, correct me if i'm wrong)and they fought for a while. During thier battle robots appeared. They battled the bots untill katrina was captured by one and jasmine frozen in a block of ice. I believe that jasmine was unconcious and underwent a transformation and broke free of the ice. Meanwhile katrina is locked in a dungeon (i think underneath the base or nearby) with more captured fighters who had come to the island for the tourny.Umm and i believe thats it.

BURNING RIOT
02-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Hello Jade. I'm currently at my unit, which could means I can regain control of my character as I, presumedly, have time as compared to the lack of it in Basic. I've taken a look at the pages you've done and they've been going well. You've fleshed out Katrina a little more with pretty much the same attitude I had in mind, so I commend you on that. If you had some more pages you were doing, go ahead with them as I won't have a scanner for a few more days, but if not, I suppose I could start working on my pages. Just give me a reply and update me on anything I should know.

Jonat
02-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Welcome Back Riot, which unit are you with and where is it based at?

Jats
02-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Here are my pages :) a bit rushed in places sadly but Im pleased overall

http://img166.exs.cx/img166/9383/bbpage93cw.jpg
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/4264/bbpage104uo.jpg
http://img141.exs.cx/img141/9332/bbpage119jd.jpg
http://img141.exs.cx/img141/548/bbpage120ra.jpg

ReddDragon7
02-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Oh my... hell's yeah!! Heheheheh, I am lovin that Jats .... my my .. man oh man this should be fun ... heheh.

The funny thing is when I started reading your panels and saw that you had killed off all Mya's ninja Flunkies and with the fact that she was already excited about having a REAL fight .. I was like she'd be pissed and excited and just bust through a wall or something.. and then I read on and BAM!!

LOL.... my co-workers was wondering what was wrong with me because I just starting laughin all a sudden.. not too loud mind you but laughing non the less heheheheh ... great work... so you got anymore commin up!!

Jonat
02-18-2005, 09:05 AM
... It looks like he is groping her in that last page.

Jats
02-18-2005, 09:05 AM
glad you like them :) nah thats my go done

PhantomAres
02-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Great job, Jats!

(Hehe.. dirty old man..)

Protius404
02-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Haha nice ones Jats. Alrighty, here are my first 2 pages. Probably 2 more to go. I did one sketchy and one more refined, I like the sketchy one more so i'm gonna stick with that more. Though i'm sick of using greys so don't be surprised if the next pages are of a different color. Unless that would bother anyone, then i'll keep them in blacks and greys. Anyway, here they are.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/45.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/46.jpg

Phunin
02-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Ok red, do you think I can introduce my character into that fight so it can be a all out brawl or you wanna go first then I introduce my character? Lol you have the coolest action in your pages jats. Keep it going.

PhantomAres
02-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Lol, love those pages, Protius.

Protius404
02-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks, alright, i know i said 2 more pages but i've drawn the second one about a billion times and hated it every time so i'm just putting this one up. I'll leave the 'help' he recieves up to Phantom since it was suppose to be shown in the page thats not here. I'm sure he'll come up with something cool! Anyway, heres the page.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/proitus404/47.jpg

hidro
02-21-2005, 12:16 AM
hehehe love your work protius!

PhantomAres
02-21-2005, 01:02 AM
Ubercool! I'll get started today!

ReddDragon7
02-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Hey, nice work guys!!

Yeah Phunin.. you go ahead and introduce your character ... then I can whip.. umm.. I mean challenge you both.. lol :D

Protius404
02-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks everyone. Glad the yellowish color didn't fry anyones eyes heh. I liked the setting i had in painter classic so i decided to do a page in it.

PhantomAres
02-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Protius, you fool.. you left baddie creation up to me???

<_< *shifty eyes* >_>

You thought a juggernaut was tough? ..the baddie I thought up will make you **** yourselves..

Time to draw!

*cackle*

Editz:

Holy crap, I've drawn 3 pages already in like.. 4 hours. How dare you guys do cool pages that motivate me to do more than like 1 a week?? :mad:

New post when they're uploaded.

PhantomAres
02-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Sorry about being a day late with these--I just had a lot of stuff to do and lost track of time. Anyway.. creepy beasty for your eyes to repulse on!

Sorry for the kind of 'bleh' quality, I was really pumped when I drew these so they've got really hard strokes and a rough look to them, which is.. kinda cool I guess.

http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page36.txt
http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page37.txt
http://www.geocities.com/phantommanga/pk/bestofbest/page38.txt

"Thinks" is supposed to be spelled like that since Hidro talks hip/odd sometimes. "Buisiness" and "Appleseeds", however, are typos I made.

If Hidro or Protius wants to go ahead, be my guest. Elsewise, it'll be a few days probably before I churn out anymore pages.

Notes, in case:
Alexander's left side is always covered by that shroud, making it impossible to tell if he's missing his left arm or not.
Alexander is spooky in the same 'knows stuff' way Ryoma is and is similarly FASTER than he is strong.
His weapon is a simple wooden staff, decorated with a few feathers and bandage ribbons with no real purpose, but they're dirty and appear to have seen better days--just like Alexander appears--but he uses it with insane skill with just his right arm.
Yeah, it's a gas mask (slight Psycho Mantis homage), so he has a raspy, filtered voice..but he sounds like crap anyway, as if he's been sick for a long time.
The sick look is also evident in skin tint (for colouring), greasy hair, bad posture, and over all under-fed, scrawny look. With that said, he's deceptively strong.
He is in fact covered in scars and welts (right shoulder). Use own discretion with placing.
"EVIL" is NOT a tattoo, but is actually carved into his chest, probably self-inflicted.

Jonat
02-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey Phantom, which font is that (For Alexander), I'm assuming you got it from Blambot.

DX, where you at, I've got a few ideas flowin, where are your pages?

Jats
02-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Nice pages Phantom. I love the 'waiting for the elevator' part and am liking the new boss too.

notice you blessed ryoma with six fingers at one point :p

*slaps himself for being a pedantic asshole*

:D

PhantomAres
02-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Well, the font that I use for normal talking is 'Masked Marvel'.

The sound effects ('Ding!') is 'Badaboom'

And.. interestly enough, the one Alexander talks in is called 'Craptacular'. :laugh: Except it doesn't have punctuation marks or quotation marks so I used another font for them.. some handwriting one, but I don't remember the name.

I've never used Blambot though. Check Acidfonts.com
If you can't find em, I can forward them to you or something if you'd like. They SHOULD all be freebies, since I don't recall ever bothering to illegally download fonts..

RansomAvenue
02-23-2005, 11:05 AM
sweet thread... nothing else to add

TommO

ReddDragon7
02-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey, Phunin, you still gonna post something soon..... Jats and I are waiting on yah... pop an update of somethin......

And, PhantomAres, all I got to say is great work as always!!

PhantomAres
02-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Yarr, Jats slipped in a post right before mine that I didn't see. OMG.. the fingers.. wtf, I see it now, too! :crying: No idea how that came to pass.. Thanks for the cheers though!

*smacks forehead* Now I see that Jonat was specifically asking about Alexander's font.. I didn't notice that part before since I was rushing at lunch so I just coughed them all up.

Ransom: Thanks! We appreciate non-fighters dropping in and cheering us on. Stuff like that motivates me for sure--luckily I'm the laziest one I think.. :squint:

Red: Woot!

Man.. If I didn't have like 3 projects coming up due I'd go ahead and elaborate on my last turn--I'm still in a mad drawing frenzy--but I'm beyond confident that Hidro or Protius can roll with what little character introduction I put up.

Jade104
02-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Damn, I missed all those posts in a weeks time?...Sweet.

Ok, first of all, that was a good rundown on the fights Jasmine's been in, Protius. I probly couldn't have said it better in the few amount of words you did. I really like your pages and yeah even the color change, keep up the good work. Jats, NIIICE job on the action of those page you posted. Really like your unique style. Phantom, I really like your pages and the new boss you got the trio fighting, Cuz of the font, I heard the raspy voice in my head so kudos on the creativity. And Riot, my man. Nice to hear from you again. I'm glad I did Katrina justice and didn't disappoint you on her progress. I hope you stick around when I set her free again. Did I miss anything...iono, I'll find out when I look back.

I have three Jasmine pages done and colored. I hope I can get em up tomorrow or something, I kinda changed up my coloring style...and I think you guys will like how these pages come out. Once again I apologize for my lack of input in this fight as of late. I wish I was as involved as I was when Jasmine was fighting Lycaios (BTW, all the vetrans have come along sooo much in skills and creativity since the beginning, good job), but you know how it is when you have stern priorities. I know you guys have the hang of this though. I do wish I could do more though, juss to let you know. On the up-side, I feel the pages I do put up are helpin me alot in my abilities to draw, so all in all it's worth it.

Sorry, I talk to damn much. hehehe.
I'll hopefuly have those pages up by tomorrow

Oh yeah BTW, Riot, how much time will you have when drawing, cuz once Katrina's free and Jasmine's in, I realy don't know where I'm gonna lead the pages to. I could make up a boss and we three (cuz the new guy too, his abilities and history will be revealed in due time) could team up, kinda like the other trio... Iono, whatever's clever. I'll be thinking about it as I do these next pages. NE ideas for me from anybody? I'm open for suggestions.

hidro
02-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Hipp Hipp HARRAR!

times three bud, nice work.. who wants to go next, i wouldn't mind.. i have some news, i had a blood test yesterday and i'll hear by friday if i need to have surgery on my galbladder ... so yeah .. might be in hospatal soon.. getting these really bad pains under my ribs and across my back. so it'll be fixed soon i hope. anyway. really kick butt pages, and i recon drawing alexander will be keen fun :D

but yay time to draw..K?

PhantomAres
02-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Hope you don't have to have surgery. Scarey. :ohno:

Protius404
02-24-2005, 01:09 PM
awesome pages phantom, nice work. Hidro man, yeah go ahead and go, good luck, hope you don't have to have surgery. Let us know how it goes friday.