PDA

View Full Version : "Real Life" to Comic background in PSP8

Faliat
05-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Everybody's mistake somewhere. Using photos of places to use in comic strips. Don't work AT ALL!

If you have a program like Paint Shop Pro 8 or something similar, you can transform real backgrounds into comic backgrounds with ease.

Two words:
Erode
Dilate

These commands can make a background look more "comic-like" and better to use as a comic background than the opriginal version.

The destination for these commands is up at the top under
"Effects - Edge effects"

Dilate and erode are easy commands you can use to urn it immediately from one to the other.

Erode makes shadows stand out more, good for dark scenes. Dilate does the opposite, making light show more.

Combining both effects can create different effects, and even changing the hue a bit can affect the result.

If any real people or cars are in the photograph you'll have to edit them out or draw characters over them BEFORE using erode and/or dilate.

If it doesn't look right first time, repeat the commands until you get the right result.

Saturn
05-19-2005, 07:34 AM
It would be nice if you could show an example mate?

Faliat
05-19-2005, 09:05 AM
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/426004/

ChrisD
05-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Pretty nice, I may try that!

AZmayu
05-19-2005, 04:43 PM
i don't really have Pain Shop but i would like to see what it looks like...

EDIT: oh ok i see it... i know what you mean Faliat, nice filter i know there alot of people that'll like to use that...

Saturn
05-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah thatīs nice, I donīt have PSP either though.

akaast
05-22-2005, 02:09 PM
good call .. I'll try it !

Jats
06-19-2005, 04:38 PM
theres also a some similar techniques for photoshop users, where you can turn photos into lineart. need to fiddle with levels and clean them up about afterwards but its actuallt pretty good.