PDA

View Full Version : Vega Strike

DN
05-25-2005, 03:51 PM
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/

I was thinking of checking out the Privateer remake which uses the vega strike engine. It's all free, so I was wondering if anyone's playing it and what they thought. I actually haven't messed with it yet, but I just felt like asking to see before I do.

Yeef
05-25-2005, 04:12 PM
When I read the topic I was expecting some Capcom spinoff game where you play as Vega.

I am disappointed :(

Snowfox
05-25-2005, 04:52 PM
No way... a Privateer remake. Net-play?

koopdi
05-25-2005, 08:55 PM
I downloaded this a while ago but haven't done much as that would require reading more than I'd like just to play a space game. Last I checked, they were working on some sort of multiplayer aspect. I forget if it was mmorpg or what but it looked cool.

FigureFour
05-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Privateer remake? Damn . . .
Just when I have no free time . . .

DN
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Well, I messed with the original vega strike game for a little bit last night. It was ok, though it took me a bit to get used to the controls. I think they need to work on that part some more. I haven't had a chance to try out the privateer remake yet, but the game has some potential. They're both still technically betas, I think, so if they start working out the bugs some more, it could be a pretty good space simulation game.

I'll try out the privateer remake later. There's also a Star Trek version, apparently, and on the forums there's talk of mods for other shows like Battlestar Gallactica and Babylon 5. It looks like the Trek and Privateer ones are the only ones available right now though.

No way... a Privateer remake. Net-play?

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of the mods have netplay yet. That would be awesome though. I imagine it must be a feature they're considering at some point though.