PDA

View Full Version : Is it or isn't it?

Izzy/K
06-07-2005, 04:10 PM
okay, first I heard Xbox 360 was not reverse compatible, then, I read a couple of articles that said it was, and then I just read an IGN article that said it was not. so what is it? Yes or No?

The Bran Eating Zombie
06-07-2005, 04:14 PM
It's backwards compatible for some of the more popular games.

Whatever that means.

Hiltz
06-07-2005, 04:15 PM
From what I've heard last the Xbox 360 will be backward compatible with only a select few of Xbox games and possibly backward compatible with the rest whatever the heck that means.

tzuge
06-07-2005, 05:08 PM
The xbox 360 is a completely different architecture from the original xbox. So, to get backwards compatibility, they have to use some sort of emulation of the old xbox hardware. If you've ever used emulators then you know that emulation isn't perfect. I'm guessing that they're going to optimize the emulation for the best of the xbox games. The Xbox 360 is probably going to be guaranteed to be backwards compatible with some xbox games but others either won't run or won't run well. Then again, it might work with almost all xbox games and just have problems with a select few. Sorta like the PS2's backwards compatibility with the PS.