PDA

View Full Version : Killer 7: Reviewed

Hiltz
07-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Ign.com recently reviewed the freaky madness of the Killer 7 video game.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/630/630908p3.html

Ign's total score: 8.1 Reader's total score: 9.1

On the positive side for GameCube owners, not only has Killer 7 been rated Mature but Ign claims it is "definetly not for kids". It seems that GameCube has hit two birds with one stone on this video game. PS2 gamer's won't be left in the dust since the game will also be available.

It's rated M for mature: This means that this particular game has an overwhelming amount of violence, profanity and sexual themes! Secondly, the game is definetly innovated. However, as interesting and fun and absurd as Killer 7 can be is not without its share of problematic concerns that you can find when reading the review from the hyperlink. The biggest turn-off to gamers will most likely be its archaic-like control setup. The biggest turn-on to gamers will most likely be its awesome storyline and the cool cast of playable assassins.

I'm gonna give the game a try by making it a rental first just to be on the safe side. The game will be available on July 6th in a video game store nearest you.

Shou
07-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Gamepro gave it a 1.5, they even hate the story graphics and puzzles, saying the story was written by someone who sniffed rubber cement and that theres better art direction in the instruction book. It is definately a rental it seems when compared to other reviews, since people will either like it or hate it with a deep burning passion. The IGN review could have gone either way depending on who wrote it, since in a mailbag letter they said its split in the office with some editors majorly hating it and other editors liking it.

Killer 7 is certaintly offbeat, but its on the lonely side of mediocre, and even a rental will ultimately feel like wasted money. Capcom has put out a lot of good games- do yourself a favor and grab one of them instead.

Hiltz
07-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Yep, that seems to be the case with this game.

The only rented game I ever regreted playing was Mario's Time machine so Killer 7 couldn't possibly be worse than my experience with that. :)