PDA

View Full Version : It's up to you

kaiser
12-29-2004, 09:49 PM
As the title says it is up to you, to defend your world, your life, you very exsistance. Wow dramatic. but seriously I am looking for a real challenge here. I have set up some characters and a mini story that I would like to play out. The story is simple: a group of people (the shadow syndicate) are taking ove the world one city at a time. Either you join them or you die. pretty simple. You are to oppose them. Be the Hero. Everyone loves the hero. the setting would be like final fantasy. Magic and technology co-exist. Ok here are the rules.

rule one: Draw as many pages as you want in two weeks. Pencils are only needed but you can always do more if you want.

rule two: You must make the deadline or you character will be killed of. You have one week to say you can't make the deadline with no penalty, but after three missed deadlines in a row you will die. If you decline you turn it will move on to the next in line.

rule three: you may not attack thte leader of the shadow syndicate unless I start the fight. If you are drawing the pages and attempt to attack, that is fine, but what ever you do it can not have an effect on him. EX: you throw a fire ball but it misses.

rule four: If your character is to be killed you can still participate in the fight, you just have to introduce a new character.

Rule five: As fo rthe rotation of who is drawing. I would have to go inbetween every challenger, so that I may react to your pages.
----If someone is fortunate enough to be offered to join the syndicate and accepts, the rotation will alternate between me and the the new recruit.

Rule six: If a person finishes their pages before the two weeks are up, the next in line's time doesn't start from that day. He/She wouldn't start until the laster person's two weeks are up. For example if fighter 1 two weeks are from 1 jan 2005 to 14 jan 2005 but finishes on the 12th Jan. fighter two's time doesn't start until 14 Jan.

Ok that is enough with the rules. I only have them in there so that there is a long lang inbetween people. This should keep the thread alive and interesting at the same time. I hope there will be some interested people.

kaiser
12-29-2004, 10:02 PM
now the the shadow syndicate.

1: grendle. He is a brut plain and simple. But, don't underestimate him. He has so tricks up his sleeve.
http://www.kaiserstudio.net/bryan/grendle1.jpg

2: Amphion. This is the shifter of the group. He has complete control over his body and can change it into any weapon of his chosing.
http://www.kaiserstudio.net/bryan/aphion1.jpg

3 Keirra. She is the only girl in the syndicate. He has the power of lightning. But that isn't the only thing you will have to worry about.
http://www.kaiserstudio.net/bryan/keirra1.jpg

4. Syn. He is the one who take the most pleasure in killing people. He has mastered the black arts and all that that entales.
http://www.kaiserstudio.net/bryan/syn1jpg.jpg

5 Ghost. He is the ninja. He poseses many skills.
http://www.kaiserstudio.net/bryan/ghost1.jpg

6. Dark Rose. He is the boss. And there is only one way to find out why.
http://www.kaiserstudio.net/bryan/darkrose1.jpg

Lady Nikita
12-30-2004, 03:14 AM
I'm in.
*definately needs deadlines*
I will have my character up tonite (i'm at work right now).
this should be very interesting:)

kaiser
12-30-2004, 06:53 AM
cool good to have you aboard.

one more rule or request I have for this fight.

The pages need to be large enough so that we can read them. I have seen some pages on this forum with words that are so small that no one can read them and then the story get a bit lost.

Lady Nikita
12-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Totally understand. I've got my stuff up on Deviant Art, so if you click the pic, it'll give ya the large size. And I almost ALWAYS use photoshop for the text now. I have horrible handwriting @.@

Anyway, here's two pics:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13641849/

and

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13642297/

Any questions just ask. I think i explained about everything i could in the deviant comments below the pics.

oh ummm... yeah his powers. he's a theif, he has a few spells/abilities to help with that. He also has fire spells.

Little bit of background: he's looked out for number 1 his whole life. Always stealing for himself, or being hired as muscle or mercenary or whatever. something had to have sparked his interest in order to help save the world (besides the fact that he would be dead along with everyone else!) But what? (Could it be i haven't thought of a reason?.... yeah that's it ;) )

i dunno what's on my profile here, but you can reach me at winterborne6 on AIM or winterborne6@hotmail.com

BrianLucey
12-31-2004, 09:22 AM
I'm in guys, i'll probably have a pic of my character up real soon!!!!

Vava2109
12-31-2004, 12:31 PM
Ah good ol Mario music . . . ? oh sorry hehe ill join under the dieing part, yeah ill be a hero . . . post my pic in a little while, how many you expecting here? just the thought that counts . . . oh well ill get busy on my Hero lol . . .. haahaha . . . dont join and die . . . i like that oh well Vava! over and out . . .
P.S. a couple of your shadow people look lik etheir in pretty hurtful poses, the girl and the guy with his head tilted in a akward way lol(that would hurt having to keep it there)

mangakid91
12-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Count me in!

This challenge sounds cool. I haven't drawn a character yet but mine is going to be named "The Boss" and she works for the U.S Army. I should have a pic up soon and you can see my excellent drawing skills! lol

IAC
12-31-2004, 01:45 PM
Count me in!

This challenge sounds cool. I haven't drawn a character yet but mine is going to be named "The Boss" and she works for the U.S Army. I should have a pic up soon and you can see my excellent drawing skills! lol

Hrrmmm... I hope she doen't look too much like The Boss from MGS3 :squint:

Anyhoot, Samurai Future doesn't seem to be picking up anytime soon, so you can count me in. I'll be using my Hunters character Valentine, but I will post better art of her soon.

kaiser
01-01-2005, 06:31 AM
well I am looking forward to seeing everyone's characters. Once I have them I will get started on the first few pages. There is no limit to how many people want to be in this fight. THe more the better.

Vava thanks for the crit

Vava2109
01-01-2005, 10:15 AM
No problem, but im withdrawing from this before it accually starts, my character sucked anyway . . .I messed up the feet. . . oh well just letting ya know . . . ok Vava over and out

BrianLucey
01-01-2005, 08:10 PM
hey guys heres my character!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/BrianLucey/ben.jpg

well his name is Ben Doom, and hes just a plain out martial arts master

Background: ok, Ben Doom is the leader of a biker gang called "Devil Killers",his whole life he had to struggle to survive, and his gang is family and he cares for, so when he heard the Shadow Syndicate was taking over he had to stand up and fight.

hope you like it!!

mangakid91
01-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Hehe.. yea IAC your right i did get the name from the boss on mgs3 ( cuz the game rules ) but she doesnt look the same. She looks alot younger. I alrdy have it drawn i just need to get it scanned. Which shouldnt be too long from now.

Lady Nikita
01-02-2005, 11:27 AM
hey Brian, post the url to ur pic, Angelfire won't let you show the pic outside of Angelfire. just type in the url so we can copy and paste.

(just a thought, i use www.deviantart.com (http://www.deviantart.com) it's a really nice community where u can post you art and stuff, check it out) :)

BrianLucey
01-02-2005, 11:33 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/brianlucey/ben.jpg

there ya go

kaiser
01-03-2005, 02:49 AM
ok cool
glad to see some visuals coming in
Just want to see if anyone else is going to jump in with us before this thing really kicks in

TLARSON
01-03-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm pretty new at this FC thing, so I have a couple questions. Are all other artists bringing in their characters as heroes? Or is there one hero we all pick and then draw?

If it's the former, then how do we keep the story consistent? Unless we're all doing mini-stories about our heroes?

Thanks in advance.

vincent316
01-04-2005, 12:16 AM
(just a thought, i use www.deviantart.com (http://www.deviantart.com/) it's a really nice community where u can post you art and stuff, check it out) :)
www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) is a better site...:D

kaiser
01-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Tlarson: Well the way I saw it is that this group of people the Shadow syndicate is trying to take over the world and I am sure there are people out there who don't want that to happen. Good people Bad People indifferent People. And every artist would have a character who would want to stop the syndicate. So it would be on big fight between them and everyone else's characters. No mini stories. just one big story with multiple people. Hope that cleared it up a bit.

TLARSON
01-04-2005, 09:35 PM
I'd like to participate.

This is my character (name is still pending), his most distinguishing characteristic is he has two dragon tattoos on his back that can spring to life (when they are active, the tattoo disappears). These dragons have various magic abilities (tied to the elements wind and fire) and are sentient creatures. They have minds of their own and can talk telepathically or out loud.

http://tjlarson.com/concept/sketch_8.08.04.jpg

Contact Info

AIM - ubergamer2k
Email - ubergamer2k@sbcglobal.net (ubergamer2k@sbcglobal.net)

Vava2109
01-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Ok im going in two directions, im withdrawing my withdrawal, ill join back up and thats that lol :D Im going to quit the mecha mission, now that i joined it i cant seem to draw mecha . . . ho wellmy character willl be here within about, say 3 days at least ok Vava over and out

IAC
01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Darn Sinus Inffection :mad: Anyways, here is my character, Valentine. She is pretty basic, and yeah this pose is way off kilter, but I just wanted something to post here. Anyhoot...

http://www.iacproductions.com/sketch/val1.jpg

Lady Nikita
01-06-2005, 01:46 PM
yeah:) glad to have you all join us!
great characters:) can't wait to start!:)

kaiser
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Well it seems like there are some people who are raring to go. SO, I will start my two week period stating the 10th. The pages must be up by the 24th. I will make a list of the order of things ok. Glad to have you all aboard.

Tac
01-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey ive just started this and i was wondering are people still able to join this fc? Its soundin good. If so ill have my char up soon.

Thanx

kaiser
01-08-2005, 04:08 PM
there will always be time to join this fc. I'm sure there are many of people who would like to save their world. So just bring it on

Tac
01-09-2005, 06:15 AM
im gonna drop out, in a bit of a slump, might change my mind...

:poke:

Vava2109
01-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Heres myne, Bombard Sam is what i call him Basicly he's pretty flexible and pretty good with explosives heres the link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Valcron/BombardSam.bmp Vava over and out

Sharingan
01-12-2005, 09:52 AM
I'll join. Character will be up shortly.

Denzive
01-12-2005, 03:09 PM
im in i already have a sketch made =] ill have it up this weekend

Funkasapunk
01-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Can i join up? I can have a character by tomorrow.

kaiser
01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
sure you can join

Funkasapunk
01-13-2005, 08:13 PM
1st off if you want easy image space. Goto www.imageshack.us (http://www.imageshack.us/) it's no hassle and everyone's server will pick it up (i.e I can't see deviant art pics) Just sign up and bookmark the site after you confirm membership.... IT'S FREE! and they allow direct hotlinking.

2nd: here is Colton Steele, it's a rough sketch and some things need tweaked but he is ok for now. Sorry for the non cleanness. (if anyone knows how to clean pics up LMK i'm new at this)

http://img101.exs.cx/img101/990/coltonsteele9in.jpg

:thumbsup:

Denzive
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
does he have boobs or sumtin has big chest and a little lower stomach lol either than that good job

Funkasapunk
01-14-2005, 03:59 PM
actually one side is ok, the side yer talking about is merely a fold gone wrong.

Vava2109
01-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I was wondering whats the order of the people drawing their comics and then when we start we have to get our character mauled to some extent or killed correct? Vava over and out

Funkasapunk
01-16-2005, 01:27 PM
ok if anyone's wondering what Colton looks like colored here it is. (yeah like anybody cares) anyway. Let's get this fight going.

http://img39.exs.cx/img39/6738/coltonsteele1copy2an.jpg

Vava2109
01-16-2005, 07:19 PM
I pictured blue pants lol Vava over and out

Denzive
01-17-2005, 02:16 PM
dang my dad's comp blew up cuz power source happened 2 times itll be back up but ill tryto get my guy up A.S.A.P.

TLARSON
01-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Seems there are tons of characters and this thing hasn't started yet... and it's been a while now.

Funkasapunk
01-17-2005, 04:06 PM
yeah really, let's get this monkey off my back already!@

Denzive
01-17-2005, 06:29 PM
lol i cant wait i love kaisers idea il prolly gets ma scanner 2morrow and hook it up wit my uncles and getcha tha drawings =]

Vava2109
01-17-2005, 07:40 PM
letsa play bomb! Go! Samsa waitin to blow up some shadows . . . Vava over and out

Funkasapunk
01-17-2005, 07:58 PM
keeping this thread alive, CMON START START START!

Lady Nikita
01-18-2005, 03:16 AM
*pulls out her whip and snaps it in the air* whoa down boyz ;)
:laugh: :laugh:

Vava2109
01-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Bah i dont listen to whipin ladies . . . even if they do have a winking eye ill blow ye up! lol Vava over andout( i think the owner is not in the building please stand up please stand up)

Funkasapunk
01-18-2005, 03:32 PM
O.o a whippin' lady. Do you take visa or american express?????

Denzive
01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
err i havin trouble gettin it workin maa scanner nooooooo

Lady Nikita
01-20-2005, 07:09 AM
lol funk! sorry though i take neither, just cold hard cash ;)

den! kick it!!!

Denzive
01-20-2005, 12:28 PM
geesh ill get it up this weekend -.- cuz last weekend my dad comp te gone and my bro thinks that if i scan and go on his comp and go on pk he thinks that his comp will go crazzy an he so dumb

Vava2109
01-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Lol . . . Samsa still waiting to be a bombin the shadows . . . he aint going down easily
Vava over andout

kaiser
01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
glad to see so much energy about this thread. I have until Monday to get my pages up so keep you shirts on it will start soon.

Vava2109
01-21-2005, 09:10 PM
lol sam wears a BOMB jacket(yes im hyper) so please excuse me for any sarcastic remarks By the way i think i already said it but if not then What is the order of who goes in drawing the fight first second , ect.

Lady Nikita
01-22-2005, 11:50 AM
<.<...
>.>....

*picks up shirt and puts it back on*
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok ok... ready when u are!!

*edit* oh yeah! and Vava already took my question! (what's the order and all that)

Vava2109
01-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Haha hey what you doin gettin naked here? hope you gots a bra on, for this is stricktly PG-131 er. . . 13 yeah i think i got that RIIIIIIIIGHT . . . Right? is it PG-13? sure we'll go with that Vava over and out

Lady Nikita
01-22-2005, 06:40 PM
just tryin to liven it up a little more :) plus i was bored! ;)

Vava2109
01-22-2005, 06:42 PM
haha lol tis alright we enjoy it everynow and then(maybe ...) then again i just ate . . . oh srry lets get this started yall! Vava over and out . . .

Lady Nikita
01-22-2005, 06:51 PM
hey!!! what are u trying to say?!?!? :shock:

:poke:

oh well i'm :crazy: anyway

Vava2109
01-22-2005, 07:29 PM
*achoo!**weknow**sniff* Vava over and . . . *transmission cut*

Denzive
01-24-2005, 05:53 PM
man i dunt gt my character up and the weekend is over i should just quit

kaiser
01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey guys sorry but my pages arent' finished yet. I had a commison come in and it was a nice bit of change so I had to put this on the side. I am sure you guys understand. I have to pay my pills first then the fun stuff later.
I should have my pages up by the end of Friday. SO please be patient and since the actual fight hasn't started yet I get no penalty MUUHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funkasapunk
01-24-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm declaring myself banned from all FCs' because I don't want to do the manymore, too much waiting and crapping pants to care. (no offense to you, I understand your situation.) but ot be perfectly honest, FC's never work out period. I have witnessed that downfal for 3 years now.

Vava2109
01-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Muuhhahahahahaha?!? tch . . . just because you in a terrorist group that wanst to conquer/destroy the world doesnt mean you HAVE to have a evil laugh it could just be a BWAHAHAHAHA or a *snort*Heeahahahaeheheaahaa! lol But im getting a bit tired . . . Sams bombs are going to blow a fuse soon . . . then he'll be defencless . . . Vava over and out

Lady Nikita
01-25-2005, 07:41 PM
it's ok Kaiser. i'm still here. post the list for order when u get a chance though.
I've got 2 jobs though (don't ask) until the end of Feb. shouldn't change matters much now that i have my internet fixed. and this is the only fight im in so i should be good to go always!

Vava2109
01-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Werewith you to the en... hey look! shiny object! lol no im still here ill remain untillthe endo tomorrowno j/k Im here till this FC's death vava overa nd out

Lady Nikita
01-27-2005, 03:30 PM
till death do u part... aww!! how sweet!!! :unibrow:

Vava2109
01-28-2005, 11:43 AM
sweet? sounds like victory . . . haha COME ON KAISER LOL WE NEED TO HAVE FC GOING ON HERE lol also were tryin tokeep this thread alive so Sam and Vava overa dnout

Lady Nikita
01-29-2005, 09:13 PM
*paces back and forth* :huh: *sings* where oh where has our Kaiser gone?...

*hires search party to look for Kaiser*

hehe;)

Vava2109
01-30-2005, 07:43 PM
*lights fuses to bombs* ok im rea*BOMB* ow ok im r*BOMB BOMB BOM* ARg im *BOOOOOOOOOMB* Oh crap it Vava over and *KABLAM* kablam? whered that come fro*BOMB!*

kaiser
01-30-2005, 09:01 PM
sorry guys. I am trying. But, I've been trying to pay my bills with these commisions that have been coming in. If I can't get the pages up by superbowl sunday then I would suggest that you guys move on to a different FC. But, I am going to try my best to ge them done before then. Thanks for sticking it out with me

TLARSON
01-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Sorry gang, but will be bowing out of this FC. I totally understand kaiser's position (good luck man!), and hope everything works out. I'll be watching this FC from the sidelines -- I'm sure it'll be great.

Vava2109
01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
(dont worry sam will make a bombing ending lol) if the FC goes through . . . Ill end up joining one or making one, believe me i can keep one up if your loyal . . . TLARSON if you can wait a bit when Kaiser finally calles death then ill create one Vava over and out

!Metal_Lives!
01-31-2005, 01:56 PM
O.K I will also participate. I will do my char in the nex 2 days...

BrianLucey
02-04-2005, 12:42 PM
i'm guessing this fc is dead?

kaiser
02-04-2005, 09:23 PM
yes I posted the offical retreat of my crew. but it didn't post. SOrry. but I have to concetrate on my bills at the moment. IF there is ever more time in my life I will try and start this up again

Vava2109
02-06-2005, 06:59 PM
well im going to start my own heheh Vava over and out

Lady Nikita
02-08-2005, 01:46 AM
kk *cries rivers*i guess i'll just focus on the shannara fight now then, let me know when/if u wanna start up again!