PDA

View Full Version : My Manga!

neostar8710
04-17-2005, 02:08 PM
http://groups.msn.com/SuperSpoon/chapter1.msnw?albumlist=2

this is my manga, i hope everyone will go and read it...please join and comment on the message board and give your honest opinions.i'd GREATLY appreciate it..^___^

FigureFour
04-17-2005, 02:19 PM
You seem to be missing pages 2 and 4.
I can't say much more because after looking at page one, it looked like another cliche anime styled webcomic.

Don't take that too harshly, it's a snap judgement based on one page and I'm terribly picky about my comics.
That goes DOUBLE for "manga", especially unpublished works.

If you really want to get a good following for a comic, you HAVE to impress your reader on page one with the story or the art or SOMETHING (I am refering in your case to the first illustrated page, since it's understandable for a one page intro to be a little dull).

Once again, I don't want to sound like I'm just bashing your art here. If your comic makes you happy that's all that matters.

I firmly support an artist's right to tell a critic to screw off.

neostar8710
04-17-2005, 02:23 PM
eh,,its ok really..i know my art isnt top notched like the pros..i'm pretty bad i guess..but i just keep drawing and doign w/e i can..so it doenst matter to me if ppl criticize it..^___^

FigureFour
04-17-2005, 02:36 PM
With an attitude like that you won't suck for long.

neostar8710
04-17-2005, 02:40 PM
haha..well i've been drawing since 3rd grade..and i finally got to draw the anatomy right..and put some originality into the story..so yah..i'll keep goign till i imporve..^___^

FigureFour
04-17-2005, 03:03 PM
In that case, keep posting till I'm impressed.

Oh yeah. Those apple and bananna looking guys do kind of throw my "unoriginal story" theory into question. If it's actually some sort of witty parody of the genre, I take it back.

OniCloud
04-17-2005, 04:50 PM
within in every darkness there is a light... I know I've heard that line used somewhere before...

But pretty much of what Double F said is true, make up some insane and very complicated story line since you're still honing your art skills like everyone else is.

Btw, have you played Kingdom Hearts? Cause I think they've used that line, except kind of switched around like, within every light there is darkness or something... oh well beggars can't be choosers and hobos eat dirt so my advice to you is practice alot of anotomy related drawings and think up something interesting that'd impress more people than just yourself.

pootermobile
04-21-2005, 11:17 AM
were you really hungry when you wrote this?