PDA

View Full Version : Venom Variant **Updated With a New Inked Venom!!**

davidshenoda
04-20-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm just posting up a stor tonight trying to get some feedback on my art. Anyways this is original art i did, inspired by venom from spiderman. Just a sketch but i'd like some input. Tell me what you think.
UPDATE IS BELOW THIS PIC!!!

http://img246.echo.cx/img246/7126/venom13cl.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us/)

gmpilot
04-20-2005, 10:43 PM
i swear...that's the tick. Without antennae.

davidshenoda
04-20-2005, 10:50 PM
LOL yeah i know i couldnt think of it at the time but yeah your right. Definitely the tick. I guess the face is a little too buggish.

Battousai
04-21-2005, 07:35 AM
i concur, does not look like venom at all, good pic, but not whom it was supposed to be.

someone1074
04-21-2005, 08:47 AM
shoulda read man, it was INSPIRED by venom/spidey and I can definetly see the inspiration from those characters in this original creation.

I like it actually. Venom's muscular anatomy and scary/freaky mouth with Spidey's wide eyed look. Actually it looks rather frighetening, so KUDOS!

Well...I like it anyway...and yes it was supposed to be original, but with inspiration as he stated in the first post.

Doesn't the Tick have a massive jaw? thought that was his main characteristic? (Although it has been a while since I've seen any Tick-related material)

enid
04-21-2005, 10:31 AM
I was sort of thinking of Thing from the Fantastic Four.

davidshenoda
04-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Wondering if this is any good?..I think my design for the head is way off. Crits anyone?

noremac
04-23-2005, 02:56 PM
okay why dont u just use google and type in VENOM
and look at the pic and try at least to make him recognizable
ill do it for you
http://s92796877.onlinehome.us/venom-mouth.jpg
http://www.gottawiz.com/images/Comics/Marvel/Venom/venom%5B1%5D.jpg
the anatomy is looking pretty solid man
good job on that

since it is a variation take the already strong concepts of venom and add on your own or remove a weaker characteristic

davidshenoda
04-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks man, but I was just using venom as like a starting point wasnt trying to draw him exactly, That's easy. It was "inpired" by venom

Spider Edge
04-24-2005, 01:47 PM
OMG lmaooo!!!!!!!!! dude am I the only one who notices this? When version of the character is bending over, it looks wrong... roflmao just look at the center one look at the one bending over. I know my sense of humor is foul but chill, this got my lungs hurting. lmao looks like the one bending over is about to tap out! XD

davidshenoda
04-24-2005, 02:59 PM
hahahahahhaa, Man that's foul, but hilarious! I never noticed it.

davidshenoda
04-28-2005, 09:00 AM
This is the newer version. Let me know if you like it.

http://img252.echo.cx/img252/9141/venom23vv.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us/)

davidshenoda
04-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Here is the inked version. It is my first time and I had to use the paint tool cause I couldn't figure out how to use the pen tool. But anyways, I think it still came out good. Let me know about the ink job, anyone who knows about it. And If anyone wants to color go right ahead, I am just starting with photoshop, so there's no way I am gonna be able to color any time soon.

http://img213.exs.cx/img213/5989/venom2inkcopy0kg.jpg

Christian
04-29-2005, 06:00 AM
Let me say, that fantasy is only a spawn-off of the reality as we know it. To get good decent looking fantasy down on paper; it is best to study what ever your wanting to create...
In your case david, its the anatomy and heavy muscle structure of a humanoid(if im correct). BTW that is my favourite, love drawing muscles. anyway.

To get a firm and solid look(which you have cearly archieved,david) on ur pictures u have to learn and study, yes learn, the way life has created our bodys and remorize every little detail(if you are a fuzzy detailed drawer) to actually perform something simular in fantasy on paper.

Whoever invented venom, probably studied the structure of human veryclose andmade it his own by memorizing it(WHICH U DO BY DRAWING OF REAL-LIFE SUITED REFERENCES DAILY).

Because, once u have learned all there is on bodys (humans,beasts, reptiles- includes muscles and bones) u can virtualy create anything not so simular but grounded looking as in "when people look at it, they feel like it ment to look like that".
Whatever it was you drew and pull out of porpotion.

Because you know exactly what goes where and how - knowledge is creating!

Anyway after this long blah blah, i was going to tell you davidshenoda that your picture now shows alot more convidence with the way you do pull your lines, the you did before.
maybe because you know a little more?

btw knowing alot gives you alot more convidence too in your life and in your drawings xxx

someone1074
04-29-2005, 09:05 AM
I like the ink, tho it seems to have lost a bit of that Venom edge (the mouth I mean). Still love the anatomy there.

Christian...that has to be the most...unnecessary post I've ever seen on these boards...sorry but...wow...I mean at least give that message to someone who really needs the anatomy help...

davidshenoda
04-29-2005, 10:31 AM
HAHAHA! No problem I appreciate the comment, and what he said was definitely right on the money. Although it didn't have any relation to the inkjob of the picture, but yeah he's right about the other stuff. Anyways thanks for the compliment? Whatever. Yeah this was actually inspired, at least the face was, off of a version done by some japanese artist and he lost the crazy mouth and I thought it made him not look like a steroided up, special ed kid, but more like a villain that might be able to do more than yell and throw things.....Blah, Blah, Blah,Wow!..............WHAT ABOUT THE INKING? IT WAS MY FIRST TIME. AND WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DO A COLOR OVER OR WHATEVER?

Non Existent IBW
04-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Try inking by hand first. Let the accidents happen. And if you want the venom look(even though it is inspired but not necesaril;y him...) try looking at how light hits latex and rubbery surfaces. It'll change the way you draw him a lot. Right now he just looks like a muscle bound dude, not someone witha costume on.

Christian
04-29-2005, 05:28 PM
I agree with all of you. (nice inking lad yeah)

davidshenoda
04-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Non Existent: I was actually gonna add all the lighting effects and costume stuff when I, or whoever, colored it. But I can't really color to well especially in photoshop, so we'll see what happens.

Christian
04-30-2005, 05:52 AM
lol you sound like me, rofl, but after 1 year of practice(yes a year due to my lazy adder towards colouring things) im actually not too bad...

davidson, take a deep breath and sit yo ass down and spend time colouring, and do what eva is necessary to make it look decent. gl hf

xxx

davidshenoda
05-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Alright I've decided to just color it myself. I need some help though I don't know how to do the layer stuff. So I can color with out messing up my inking. I need to be able to color under the black lines. Can someone tell me how to do this in photoshop? Please!!!!