PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Elegance *updated with color!*

Destiny
04-21-2005, 06:17 AM
I've been working on a lot of different pieces of work, trying to find my own style. I thought it would be good to share some with you guys.

I apologize in advance for the slight tilt in the image.

Suggetions always welcome. Thanks

http://www.worldofdestiny.com/images/elegant-small.JPG

Battousai
04-21-2005, 07:10 AM
make it look like she is trully tilting, put a little weight on her left leg. overall amazing pic man. the design seems consistent...need anothers opinion. also work a little more on her left foot also. where the skirts "cuts" up, it doesn't look like it is rapping around and flowing downward...you get me...i hope, bad way the explain it. uh....yeah...that's it for me now. good pic though...had to say it again.

j0n
04-21-2005, 08:36 AM
im loving the skirt patterns

Sparet odinman
04-21-2005, 08:46 AM
i think its very nice. im liking the detail on the dress. I also like her flowing hair its nicely drawn. keep up the good work, but if she is supposed to be tilting or putting her weight on one side then you should show that a little better by maybe her opposite thight be a little more "beefier" if you know wat im sayin, when the other should be a little more narrower, but not too much. just enough. Keep it up.. jood gob!

Akishi
04-21-2005, 09:09 AM
I think she looks great, I really like the design of her dress and all the details you put on it. Try to put more weight on one side of her legs otherwise she looks kinda stiff and unnatural.

You did a good job!

Destiny
04-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I think the tilt is due to the way it was scanned, i will have to play with the rotation of the pic to find out.

I had a blast doing the detail on the dress and actually stumbled onto it by accident.

Though, I'm not sure how to "add weight" to the left to make it seem that she is leaning to one side. Is it just making is seem larger or thicker lines? Not sure.

Thank you for all the comments thus far!

Battousai
04-21-2005, 10:37 AM
well, let me see how to explain. to show that she is leaning to one side perhaps you could show more tension...like drawing more rinkles on that side of the dress. it's all in the hips.

Destiny
04-26-2005, 07:04 AM
In working on this one some more. The tilt is due to the way it got scanned. I've worked on it some, cleaned up the lines and inked it. Here it is. I know the design on the dress isn't on there, I'm going to add it back in when I color it.

http://www.worldofdestiny.com/images/Art/wip-elegant.jpg

Destiny
05-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Well, I'm working on the color now and I fixed the leaning problem. I still need to clean up the shading/highlights on the lower half and fix the dress design but other than that, your thoughts?

http://www.worldofdestiny.com/images/Art/wip-elegant4.jpg

mofo09
05-03-2005, 05:27 AM
wow i looove that pic

Code6
05-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Great coloring on the dress, a bit monotone but thats how I like it. I think it's a shame she has purple hair, takes out the sense of realism. On the form, I think her legs are way to long and she could do with some more hips.

FigureFour
05-03-2005, 07:14 AM
It's a great picture, but she's got a plain cliche anime face.

It looks like it's made of playdough.

Shikakapoop
05-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Its ok. I agree with figurefour, her face is very basic. Her left breast seems to be nonexistant under her hair. It's fine, then it goes under the hair and kind of disappears, like it was cut in HALF! :O Also her reveiled leg's anatomy seems off. The knee area doesn't look right. But I DO like the penned shadow areas, looks cool ^^.