PDA

View Full Version : sketch

Akishi
04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm currently working on this sketch. Just take a look
Any comments and critics are appreciated...

http://quangdesign.com/sketches/Character_Sketching.jpg

gmpilot
04-22-2005, 09:46 AM
It's cool and pretty well done..but it has some major awkwardness in some parts of it. First, the center girl's waist is a bit skinny. Well, not a bit...it's actually WAY too skinny...but you know, coke bottle you can keep. Her bicep is also a bit...flat. Second, her proportions otherwise I think are pretty right on, but the other two girls throw the drawing off. They seem to be drawn more anime style with less realism, and they are much larger and not as anatomically accurate.

For example..the girl on the left: Her breasts are strangely sagging through her clothes, her arm with the gun is a bit off where it comes off the shoulder and she looks very stiff. Her jaw is a bit weirdly large and skewed. The lower body up to about the ribs is perfect I think. I actually think her whole head is too big. It should be somewhat similar proportions, if not size, to the center drawing. Again you draw waists a bit too skinny...which is the same for all the girls in this drawing.

The right girl has some serious proportion problems. Her arm is huge..and her hand is gigantic. The breasts are a bit off once again. The face is better drawn than the far left girl, but it just doesn't fit with the style of the center drawing which is what I think you should follow. I like the middle one a lot...she looks pretty realistic. Reminds me of some sort of bond girl or something.

Orna
04-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Well... I guess there's not much to say after the previous gigantic post.

All I have to say is gigantic hands. They're huge. I know that's been said already though.

Good stuff, I really like the way the girl in the middle is drawn compared to the two on the side. Work on those hands and it'll be perfect!

gmpilot
04-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Sorry Orna...sometimes I just feel like going for all.

Akishi
04-22-2005, 07:18 PM
gmpilot:
thanks for your critics. I'm glad that you like the middle girl.
But as I've really said it's still a sketch that I'm still working on it
and yeah I'm trying to mix both animes and realism styles on these girls.

kusi_kishi
04-22-2005, 07:21 PM
okay, here is the thing. gmpilot did say a lot, but i want to add a little more. the thing is, you could draw gigantic hands and narrow waists- just as long as it is your style. different artists draw different kinds of bodies. but if, lets say, the hands of most of your characters (men or women) are large, and suddenly one character's is tiny, then people would know that you made a mistake there. if you draw large hands on all your characters (unless they are really huge) then that just might be your style.