PDA

View Full Version : Best Picture I've Drawn in a While!

davidshenoda
04-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Alright it's 3:51 in the morning and i stayed up to finish drawing this. I started it at like 12:00am after dinner. Hope you enjoy, I think it came out well. Let me know what you think, I welcome any and all C&C.
http://img158.echo.cx/img158/7420/jumpkick2yd.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us/)

http://img158.echo.cx/img158/7420/jumpkick2yd.th.jpg (http://img158.echo.cx/my.php?image=jumpkick2yd.jpg)

CrematoR
04-23-2005, 07:22 AM
did you put the link on to your pic, cos i got nothin showing up not even a red x :tear:

*edit* awwwww im missing out

j0n
04-23-2005, 07:57 AM
that there is damn good!
im not a good enough artist to crit it!

wierd title though....o_O

Jats
04-23-2005, 08:00 AM
looks good to me! good muscles. I was gonna crit at all I would say his legs look a little short. Good stuff though.

Twitch
04-23-2005, 08:02 AM
do you own a book titled dynamic poses?
because the figure looks familiar...great work hokay

TaeSeong
04-23-2005, 08:14 AM
is that ball on his left hand giving off light? because if it is, the shadows should be a little more extreme, good anatomy though

Hiltz
04-23-2005, 08:58 AM
His waist looks kind of thin seeing how his back is so thick,buldging, and powerful compared to his thin waist.

Overall the anatomy looks nice and accurate.

His eyes and teeth give him a rather creepy look to him.

davidshenoda
04-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Jon: Yeah man it was 3:15 in the morning, I'm suprised it has a title.

Jats: Yeah leg was a little short, but paper i drew on was kinda small. Still could have been longer. I guess I didnt really plan the layout to good before. I just kinda went with it.

Twitch: Hahaha yeah I do have that book. I know what you mean. But maybe subconsciously (<==mispelled?) I picked up some of that style in the lighting. but I more studied some of the anatomy than the lighting but i probably picked up some ofo the lighting style as well. I think its the whole uni-directional lighting effect. In that book he always has real dramatic lighting from one direction, as opposed to more ambient light that just kinda comes from many directions. LIke if you have someone in a dark room with just a flashlight shining on them, or if you have a person running outside.

Taesong: Well you can't see it cause I thought it was stupid as soon as I wrote it, but I wrote next to the circle thing "I really have no idea what this is". I'm not even sure what i was trying to pull off some kind of energy but really didnt have any idea of what to do.

Hiltz: Yeah, I have a habit of doing that, but I think it also helps to make his upper body look more massive even though its not. It's like a comparison thing, juxtaposition I think is the word. But yeah, it is thin, but on purpose. And the teeth were done kind of quick, but the eyes I wanted something dramatic either bursting light and energy or dark and empty. I guess dark and empty was easier.

Appreciate the comments ya'll! Thanks.

Spider Edge
04-24-2005, 01:53 PM
i really like your shading dude thats hot. I'm only confused with the pose because it looks like he slipped on a banana peel. you really bring out the anatomy though, good job.

Eric87
04-24-2005, 02:35 PM
I thought he was kicking a soccer ball (or "football" for our European colleagues). My only crit is that his far arm (his left) looks a bit small compared to his other limbs. Nice muscle work.

davidshenoda
04-24-2005, 02:58 PM
I thought he was kicking a soccer ball (or "football" for our European colleagues). My only crit is that his far arm (his left) looks a bit small compared to his other limbs. Nice muscle work.

That's what i was going for, like a jump kick typed deal. Originally I wanted him like punching something but the angle was too far back.

denshidan
05-03-2005, 03:38 AM
The whole torso looks a little flat to me - its not that the waist is thin - i think its the shading on the side - build it up more to give a thickness. Also, the leg seems to change 'planes'. At the top it looks like its going across the body but you can see the sole of the foot. I hope this makes sense as I havent got my graphics tab to show you what I mean :)

davidshenoda
05-03-2005, 02:01 PM
denshidan: I know what you mean. At the time when I drew this I just drew each part full detail all at once. But lately, as a result of being a member of this site, I have started mapping out my pics firs, so stuff like multi-planar legs and what not doesnt happen as much. Thanks.