PDA

View Full Version : just a mech

tda
04-23-2005, 02:39 AM
one that i originally doodled in an oc, took it into photoshop, cleaned it up, added legs you know... gonna have a crack at finishing it, but to be honest it isnt in my usual vein of design (i dont usually do huge beefy things).

http://www.lod3d.net/upload/mecha2.jpg

Anyone got ideas for those shouldercannons? I'm gonna change em so they grow from the back and can be retracted to an upright position, but i dunno what style of gun they should be.

dfacto
04-23-2005, 03:25 AM
Ooh, not bad. The overall design is quite good, but there are some elements that don't work too well. I'd say the head is too stylized, and clashes with the big beefy body. Something more technical would probably work better. The shoulder cannons themselves should be slung over the shoulders, but not attached, which would solve the problem you have. I would also beef them up a lot, because the current barrel is very thin. You also need to work on the hands and legs somewhat, as they are rather bland atm.

Mind if I do an overpaint to show you what I mean btw?

tda
04-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the crits, and yeah if you wanna drawover then go for it =)

Jats
04-23-2005, 05:14 AM
looking good :) I like the details you added to the chest area and stuff.

Twitch
04-23-2005, 06:08 AM
thats great...most of my mechs kind of suck, but whateva...Hokay

dfacto
04-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Here's a quick overpaint in OC. Sorry that it's kinda rough, but I was too lazy to properly clean it up. :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/dfacto/tdamech.jpg

tda
04-23-2005, 11:08 AM
dfacto -> NICE XD. I was gonna do some wicked elbow extensions to make him sharp, and his middle body point is gonna get pointy, but i love those feet =D. i'm gonna have to totally use those ideas =) ty.

davidshenoda
04-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Maybe I'm stupid, but what is OC.

Hiltz
04-23-2005, 02:43 PM
JUST A MECH?! JUST A MECH?!

It's a really good mech!

The mech's design and stance look like they are well in order.