PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with arm *up dated*

CrematoR
04-23-2005, 09:12 AM
*go down for up date*

Hes a pic im working on, im having lots of trouble with his arm, not sure if what iv done with it so far is looking right, seems abit off to me. Also was thinking about changing the position of his arm al togther and putting another sword in his hand, but that would be giving up to easy right?

well any ways hes ment to be a demon slay and hes in the rain and hes pulling back the hair outta his eye so he can see, cos its raining, oh he has dreads.Do they look right? Crit and comment welcome

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/mercwithamouth/inrainsword1jpg.jpg
*was done on my table*

akaast
04-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Im not an expert at arms.. frankly.. Im not an expert on anything! .. maybe necks :bunny:

I dont see anything wrong with the arm.. one misstake in the pic is that his nipples are a bit too far away from eachother :P

Djinn
04-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I think this is the problem:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/FieryDjinn/inrainsword1jpg.jpg

There are two 'arms' of the deltoid muscle group. THey bisect where the neck muscles meet the shoulder near the end of your shoulder. One arm runs towards the back along the top edge/corner of the shoulder blade, while the other runs forward to the front along the clavicle bone (I think). So when you look at the shoulder from the angle in the picture, one arm of hte deltoid muscle goes behind the neck muscles, while another, generally smaller arm, runs in front of it.

You might be able to feel the muscle group if you put yourself in the pose, and then may be able to visualize it, and see what i mean.

also, neck muscles like that are rather inaccurate. there is a distinct bend in the middle, its not a sweeping line to the end of hte shoulder.

In addition, the muscles below his pecs need a bit of work as well. I'm not talkin about the abdominal muscles, but the ones on the sides of hte rib cage right below the pecs. If you look at bodybuilders, there are generally seven small groups on each side, each group arranged in two rows. If oyu look up boxers and related martial artists you'll see they have these rather defined. They'll give you an insight to those muscles.

Fix these three things and the pic would be even better.

I like the pose. The dreds are a nice touch, though i'd suggest just drawing the outline of each one, so whoever does the coloring would be able to work with em.

Great job, I really like it.

CrematoR
04-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Thanks for all the info there Djinn, should help me heaps; ill get to work on those 3 things right away right away. Thanks again Djinn for taken the time to crit me work and write all that out, greatly appreciated.

Akaast thanks for pointing the nipple out ill move it over abit.

will up date when done>

CrematoR
04-24-2005, 09:04 AM
well, iv pritty much finished this (but theres always room for change), thinking of putting a few tatoos on him and stuff, crits and comments welcome

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/mercwithamouth/inrainsword2jpg.jpg

Djinn
04-24-2005, 11:25 AM
You might also want to fix the neck area. Fix that and the picture will be perfect.

I'm trying to do a muscle tutorial in the member created tutorial section, its not done yet and its not that good, but check out the neck section and see what i mean.

OniCloud
04-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I still think his neck is too long. And his left elbow(the arm itching his head I think that's the left) seems to just jut out to much for me :/

Looking good though :D

Djinn
04-24-2005, 11:40 AM
I see what onicloud is saying.

I believe the corner of the elbow should be brought a bit more up. like this:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/FieryDjinn/inrainsword2jpg.jpg

CrematoR
04-24-2005, 09:22 PM
cools, ill fix the elbow, thanks for the comments. And ill check out your tutorial also Djinn

kusi_kishi
04-25-2005, 06:00 PM
he looks freaky. if you wanted to make him attractive, your plan has gone wrong....
at least in my oppinion. but the thing is, that might be because i read too much shoujo manga... ahehe...