PDA

View Full Version : meh

darc shadoe
04-23-2005, 05:46 PM
ok. Raziel_Doomgate is making a comic, and reqested a few conept drawings from me for it. This is my idea of what the guard/soldier. He will change it to his liking for the comic. I used reference from the concept art of the game KILLZONEtm with my own stuff, most evident of all is the helmet. I do not intend to rip em off. this is the first drawing i used on hand reference for ^_^.
one more thing, i know that his left arm is too long and his left foot is too small, so does Raziel. He insisted that i post them up >.> <.< >.>
More to come.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarcShadoe/soldier-gaurd-specialops-whitebackground.gif

pofo
04-23-2005, 06:08 PM
I think his entire lower body, from the waist down, is small.

darc shadoe
04-23-2005, 06:13 PM
really?
i don't.

then again, a few proportions are off. but i like it. 5 1/2 head hieghts i think.
anything else?

Twitch
04-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Its not that, I can't find it right now, but i'll tell you when i find it :huh:

great work though real stylized...hokay

gmpilot
04-23-2005, 07:08 PM
ah, I think the problem is not that the lower body is small...just that his waist/crotch seems a bit low. It also seems small because his helmet is so big, lol.

someone1074
04-23-2005, 11:09 PM
gmpilot nailed it (Sieg Zeon! >_<) the helmet/head is too big. If you resized it, it'd look nearly perfect anatomy wise.

Its a very solid peice...I have no qualms.

gmpilot
04-23-2005, 11:24 PM
(Down with Zeon! >_<) I think cutting back on the mask would help a bit..

johnfields
04-24-2005, 05:57 AM
It looks a little stunted , but I think that the proportionds are correct. It must be the helmet! Good work BTW
________
HONDA CBR600F4I SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CBR600F4i)

OniCloud
04-24-2005, 07:19 AM
the arm holding the gun, the forearm looks bent and I think that arm is way too long.

hezzart
04-24-2005, 07:41 AM
the proportions are good, its like said before the helmet which is big. but then again the helghast have big helmets. but I think its a very good drawing, cant wait to see the colours. Are you going for helghast-palette or are you going to be more expressionistic when it comes to colours?

akaast
04-24-2005, 08:49 AM
amazing details! remind me of some video-game ..

Chastain
04-24-2005, 09:08 AM
The upper body is too long, making his legs look out of proportion. It could be remedied by moving the crotch and hips higher up. It has nothing to do with the helmet.

hezzart
04-24-2005, 10:12 AM
amazing details! remind me of some video-game ..
I used reference from the concept art of the game KILLZONEtm with my own stuff, most evident of all is the helmet. I do not intend to rip em off. this is the first drawing i used on hand reference for ^_^.

read first post: Killzone ;)

Djinn
04-24-2005, 11:23 AM
He's got a rather cumbersome backpack as well. Ok, so i ran out of critiques. :P

darc shadoe
04-26-2005, 06:19 AM
sorry, i havent been on in two days
well... i purposefully made the helmet big, as it is armor around the head... maybe it is too big. Because I couldnt erase the pencils, you can still see the stickman head if you look.

hezzart: I intend to have a bit more, imagination, with the colour palette!
then again, light grey and dark grey are soooo tempting ^,^
wait a sec, they're eyes are orange... must be the only colour in the game!

akical
04-26-2005, 02:05 PM
the shoulder/gun aiming line is sort of a weak point of the drawing

make the pose more confident .. straigter lines as the framework

right now, it's a decent drawing, but too many "amateurisms" still a WIP tho .. guessing u can fix it