PDA

View Full Version : Some Studies of faces/Negative space

Sparet odinman
04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Thes take a sec or two to load when you click the link.... plz tell me wat you think and wat to improve on. thanks
The first is a woman....

Sketch of woman (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=14396637&imageID=96622549&Mytoken=20050426212226)

This is sketch of a mans face....

Sketch of man (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=14396637&imageID=96623221&Mytoken=20050426212226)

plz give me some C+C guys thanks alot i need help

----------------------------------------------
THanks all
Sparet odinman

Sparet odinman
04-26-2005, 09:48 PM
man im tried of postin here, when ever i post stuff i dont get any replies, maybe 1 but thats it. i need some c+c i want to be a better drawer, so that would require some outside Constructive criticism from other artists so plz will someone give me some help
thank you everyone

Krieock
04-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Woah nelly! Sparet, hold your horses mang, this forum only has like 20 or so people viewing it at any given time(about 3-6 are on the sub forum 'Works in Progress', give the replies time to rush in.
I really like these, I mean I really do... Mostly because I can't draw profiles worth ass...
About the woman...
The eye needs to be raised a little tiny bit,
The nostril needs to be decreased in size a little, and push back a tiny bit,
and I would make her neck bulge out so much, women tend to have a more refined, delicate nape than men do - but it all depends on the person.

And the man, I actually did a draw over :) b/c I really wanted to try it (my first one :/) lol, but here a couple tiny things I noticed about it:
http://img255.echo.cx/img255/7523/96623221lcopy2he.jpg
*just ignore the cig, I'm a total retard O.o*
I hope those were helpful - even though very small qualms about the pieces, it's nice to bring your attention to little details - since you seem to have all the big ones tucked safely in your noggin' :)

Great stuff.
Oh.. one last thing... I wanna ask (you being the only person I know that does this - but I don't know many artists) why do you use such a wide range of pencil densitys? :/ I can see how making a rough outline with a 2H and then adding deep shadows with a 4B is nice and all... but I can't stand letting go of my pencil when I'm drawing unless it's to use a block eraser (which I don't do often, i use the supplied one on my mechanical pencil) here's a example of how I draw... with a 0.3 mechanical pencil with B lead in it: here (http://www.rocketsurgery.net/art/pencil/swann.jpg)

Cheers! You got some mad skills :) Keep it up

Battousai
04-27-2005, 07:13 AM
holy shite krieock!!! your example is amazing. sorry sparet odinman, back to you; the ear on the man seems to small. the female is good...if it was a transvestite...sorry but that looks alot like an adams apple to me dude. for the man do not worry about the size of the nose...look at adrian brody for example *whoa* big. the nostrils need work though. overall...good pics in realism.

Dsanders
04-27-2005, 08:25 AM
For the woman don't have the chin jut outward after the bottom lip have angled back towards the neck more. You know ... like how most women don't have 'Rambo' chins. Thin her eyebrows. Also women don't have large adam apples such as men do. You might also want to consider bringing the front part of her hair down a good bit. That's all I can see at a quick glance. Thought I'd help out.

Krieock
04-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I was just being picky about the nose size - leave it the way it is Sparet, it's just fine :).
Thanks Battousai, :) ... slightly funny story about that piece:
My Geometry tutor (I'm homeschooled, and my mom can't help me with it very well) is an avid watercolourist and when she heard I was a artist (of sorts -.- but nothing compared to her stuff) she asked me to bring some of my work, so I brought about 7 or so of my realistic pieces (expecting she wouldn't appreciate anime style - like most American adults -.-... and I was right) so she looks at my Jimi, Arwen, Frodo, Gollum... and when she got to my Keira Knightley she was all "oh, that's so nice yada yada" But the funny thing is... she said, "It's amazing, you can almost... feel her cleavage" hahaha, I laughed quite a bit (probably a little rude, but w/e) heh

Post more art Sparet! I wanna see more! Roar!

Sparet odinman
04-27-2005, 08:49 AM
i shall post more when i get more, hey man thanks for the crits....
i was kinda in a bad mood yesterday so i was jumpy and a little irritated thats why i yelled about not gettin any crits... sry i was just a little dramatic.. im over it.

anyway, thanks for the draw over krieock and ur crits helped.... about the different pencil densities i dont really use them unless i am goin to do a landscape or background. nice pic by the way its very nice... anyway i was mostly just trying to get six densities in crosshatching.. just more practice.

Battousai ~ thanks for the crit... the males year looks small becuase i was trying to show that it was hidden behind some hair... guess it didnt work out so good... but hey it was worth a try.. and yea i shall fix that transvestite into a woman thanks for pointing that shiz out.

Dsanders ~ Thanks for the crits... i know wat you mean, bout the womans chin i shall pull it back and fix the adams apple on her trans throat.

Thanks for the crits i shall post some more art very soon... until then keep C+C coming.. and keep checking my shiznit out thanks guyz.

---------------------------------------------------
"Religion is the opiate for the masses." ~Carl Marks
www.myspace.com go there its awsome look up Uni-Bomber (its me)

Evil Iori
04-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Not much to say other than what people have mentioned. I will say this, be patient, wait more than 21 minutes. Give people a couple of hours at least. Sometimes you might be lucky and get a quick reply but you usually have to wait a while.

tiyo konching
04-29-2005, 06:52 AM
man,it's coolhttp://polykarbonbbs.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif being more reallistic is really fun als.i like the way you draw it i have no comment but i guess i'd like to see somemore of your workhttp://polykarbonbbs.com/images/smilies/thumbsup2.gif
kip it up

Battousai
04-29-2005, 07:07 AM
funny story krieock...that would be one odd silent moment for me if i had a tutor and she said that. no problem speret odinman...hope to see more work. keep it up.