PDA

View Full Version : Im stuck on the hair

dmario
04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
can someone give me an idea of what direction to go?
i dont know how I should color her hair...

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16491880/

much obliged

OhHenry18
04-27-2005, 10:13 PM
That looks a bit difficult. I think if you started with more dark strands stemming from the roots of her hair instead of the side it would look better.

Nice job on the rest of the CG by the way :)

LLPerks
04-27-2005, 10:36 PM
You know Dmario,

A teacher I had once said when struggling with something as inconsiquential as hair that you have probably started thinking too much about the work at hand. I would say, go back to the basics. When I draw hair, I employ some oldschool post impressionistic shapes of color (or when I'm sketching...just empty space) Let the contour like do the work for you. Sometimes the simplest images say the most.

Your pal, LLPerks.

P.S. What is up with the tale, Dude!

akaast
04-29-2005, 10:42 AM
What is WITH her thighs? and her arms? either shes really fat (I doubt cuz her face is not "fat") or your proportions are wrong.. your'e a good artist but study life and anatomy

j0n
04-29-2005, 11:19 AM
personally, i think if you just put in a few more strands on the lighter bits it would be fine.

davidshenoda
04-29-2005, 12:49 PM
I think that the lighting doesnt match. You did like a cell shading type thing on her hair which is good and then really realistic gradient shading on the rest of her body which also looks really good, but they dont match together. You should stick with one type of shading throughout. Also, her hair kinda resembles horns, but was that what you were going for? Her right shoulder, the hand that's raised looks akward too.

Shikakapoop
04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
She's a beefy one. Her left hand looks a bit enlarged, unless that's what you were lookin for. I would NOT do her. :O

Kimmychan91
04-30-2005, 01:25 PM
I agree with all of these critiques. Um...you REALLY might want to work on the proportion of the leg on the left. The left foot is tiny compared to the rest of the picture. Besides that, good work dmario.

DaiKamonohashi
04-30-2005, 04:59 PM
A bit off topic... but your avatar is from Ultraman Nexus, correct?

Eric87
04-30-2005, 06:04 PM
I'd leave her hair white... I works for me. Hope that's a straight enough answer for you.

dmario
05-20-2005, 09:14 PM
thanks everyone.

i hadnt noticed i made that fist larger, thanks for pointing that out!

shes not fat, its just a strange perespective, but i guess I didnt nail it...i should have made the forward fist bigger...thanks all

(now to what i ASKED about, lol)

the hair is cel shaded because thats how I color, i cellshade first then blend and air brush....

flaming_inferno
05-21-2005, 06:24 PM
I'd leave her hair white... I works for me.

i agree leave it white