PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Taboo

Destiny
04-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Here is another piece I worked on the past week. I don't like the way the hair turned out myself. What do you all think?

http://www.worldofdestiny.com/images/Art/sexy-small.jpg

AfterDarkAngel
04-28-2005, 06:37 AM
I think the hair looks fine. Nice shading and folds in the clothing. The only thing that really stands out for me is that maybe the hand is a little too small. Other then that, good job.

davidshenoda
04-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I think you should try to make your darks darker in certain places and add more highlights. You should try to recognized places where there is little to no light reaching, and really darken those areas up. If you vary your shades and give you pictures alot of contrast it makes them "jump off the page".

pofo
04-28-2005, 09:05 AM
The hair looks fine, but the periodically broken highlights almost suggest feathers.
The positioning of the legs seems a bit odd to me, but it's kind of hard to tell with all the folds going on.

Shikakapoop
04-28-2005, 12:33 PM
I would work on the hair, highlights aren't convincing, and the hair's sloppy looking, like you got tired of drawing it ;). The visible knee seems almost non-existant. Other than that, your proportions are pretty good ^^. Cloth isn't that bad either

Eric87
04-30-2005, 06:27 PM
I agree with you, the hair turned out well. I also like how you did her hand, it looks like it's *on* her waist -- a lot of people (myself included) make it look like the hand is resting above the waist when they do that.
My only real problem with the drawing is her foot... I think it should be angled out towards us.

chain2treechick
05-01-2005, 06:58 PM
i'd work on the foot.
cute hand.
face could use more attention

Destiny
05-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Thank you for all the responses. The broken up highlights in the hair I think are the main problem, making it look unfinished or sloppy. Will work on that one. The trick with the hand is putting a curved shadow along the fingertips to make it look like she is pressing done on the dress. Though I notice now, for the hand, her pinky needs to be slimmed down a bit.

For the foot...my original idea was to have a complete side profile with her looking towards the viewer but the way the foot was drawn, the cross-straps of her heels are drawn at an angle. I will work on it and see if I can clear it up.

tiyo konching
05-02-2005, 05:41 AM
Ei I Like It Man Kip It Up^^

akaast
05-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Gablam Gadang! nice work! can't see anything wrong ^^