PDA

View Full Version : Hi (Mushy alert... if you don't like mushy stuff.... click on it anyway)

Papercut285
04-28-2005, 04:13 PM
:D I couldn't help myself... It's in my nature being born on valentine's day and all. Anyway i didn't find the inspiration for this sketch, it totally found me... also took me about 10mins to complete. I was trying to capture what a cute kiss might look like and this is what came out. I know strange subject matter but i might do something with this in the future and i just wanted to share it with y'all. I'm not twisting your arms for a critique but if you want to give me some CnC then go right ahead cuz as alway its welcome and highly appreciated. :laugh: L8ER.

P.S. He totally has pacman lips :laugh: ... no worries though i'll fix that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/ceberus/Thiskiss.jpg

cheshirecat
04-28-2005, 04:19 PM
im sorry but they kinda both look like men to me..........

Papercut285
04-28-2005, 05:39 PM
:laugh: :laugh: Really... Thank god this is just the sketch then :D well i guess she does have an odd shaped face rigt now. I'll be sure to keep that in mind when i draw the main picture. The female is the one on the left BTW.

someone1074
04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
I can kinda see the female there...but the hair confuses me...also they're mouths seem kinda stretched towards one another. Kisses should be comfortable, theres only so much moving the lips forward involved. Its more along the lines of their heads coming closer until the lips meet. Understand what I mean?

there are so many anime kiss scenes that u should be able to find one where u can copy the SILHOUETTE of their faces connecting with each other in order to emulate the 'kiss' scene.

and don't feel bad about looking it up because guess what, nearly EVERY anime shares that incredibly similar appearing 'kiss'. (you know, where its basically like they have the two slides of their heads drawn separately and it looks like they just push them together, with one of the kisser's nose going behind the other one's nose)

very common practice, so check it out, should be easy to emulate and utilize into your own works.

Krieock
04-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Yaoi is super nasty... (but I can sort of tell one is female)
cough.. what you should try to do is make is Yuri (girl+girl) sound good to you Papercut?
I think it has potential, keep drawing.

cheshirecat
04-29-2005, 08:24 AM
ok if anything i thought that the one on the left was the female but ...ya....it looks good for just being a rough sketch...

IAC
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
I can totally tell that the one on the left(page) is a girl. No need to change the hairstyle or anything. I think you captured her expression very well! I like the kind of peeking eye she has. Her lip could use a teensy bit of work. The guy is alright, but you kinda already noted waht you need to fix. Good job Papercut

sinfire
04-29-2005, 10:00 AM
im sorry but they kinda both look like men to me..........
Yeah, maybe you could break the bish scene?

Papercut285
04-29-2005, 06:31 PM
:laugh: I find the comments about both characters looking manly funny because everytime i get serious and say that i'm going to draw a male character he ends up looking too girly to be male. Thanks for the critiques and comments y'all. They were very helpful... oh and someone1074 :) THANKS great advice i'll be sure to look for some source material for placement and junk when i start working on this piece.