PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight

Vallera
04-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Just a quicky, I think I messed up on the lightsaber, If anyone knows how to draw a lightsaber effect nicley Im all ears.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/alvarez99/jediknight.jpg

davidshenoda
04-29-2005, 12:44 PM
I think you have a good start here. I think that a light saber...sabre....whatever needs to have a glowing effect. no idea really how to do that. Only suggestion is to try photoshop if you have it. In photoshop it's really easy to add effects like that. On the drawing I just think his left eye doesnt look right. Like it shouldnt be so much onthe side of his head. One other question, why is he wearing a trencoat? LoL.

IAC
04-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah, David pretty much sumed it up. He doesn't look all that Jedi - ee, or Star Warsy for that matter. Use photoshop for the more realistic sabers, but seeing as how this is black and white I just toyed around a bit and here's what I came up with real quick:

http://www.iacproductions.com/saber.jpg

Shikakapoop
04-29-2005, 12:55 PM
I just noticed something from looking at Vallera and IAC's avatars. Mugen and Spike look alot alike ^^.

IAC
04-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Heh, yep, same director did both series, so I figure he had the same art team, kinda.

akaast
04-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Jedies!!! I Love Jedis!!!
:D :D :D :D

Vallera
04-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I tried to give him a more original look, Maybe it looks like that cause I only drew the top part of him. Im not good with Photoshop so It would be impossible for me to do any effects.

IAC
04-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Well if you have photoshop 5 or greater, they are REALLY easy to do. You just take your pic, creat a new layer. Use the line tool and draw over the sbaer area. Then go to Layer, then Styles. Choose Outerglow, and BAM! Insta saber. Of course messing some of the options, like color and size helps. Anyways, you should do a full body view of this guy. I'd be interested in his costume.

AZmayu
04-29-2005, 01:41 PM
may the force be with you....blah......:)