PDA

View Full Version : Subplot concept art

ChrisD
04-29-2005, 02:57 PM
My tablet and Adobe have both died on me, so this isn't coloured.

I haven't drawn anything in a while, so I thought I'd do this. It's not great, but hey, it's better than nothing.

I'm trying to get her looking a bit gothic, but it's not really working with these clothes. I'll probs make the trousers a bit baggier and add some straps diagonal to the thighs, and give her a long coat with a hood.

Her hands are on fire, but it doesn't show so well. Like I said, I originally wanted this inked and coloured, so some of the details don't show. Sowwy.

http://chris.planetabeo.com/images/stuff/hevs.png

Christian
04-29-2005, 05:36 PM
you are going to be a great characteristic animator or story teller, well thats what i see when i look at your pic, not that im trying to avoid c&c - its just i dont have any crit to give... well done mate

(big eyes can tell big storys)

Melch
04-29-2005, 11:33 PM
I like it. Inked, I think the pic could look great.

I don't really have many crits on this one because there's notta whole lot that I can point out that looks odd to me. Except maybe that the eyes seem overly large. I dunno, maybe it's the lack of any sort of eyelids. That may just be a personal preference, though.

Either way, it's still lookin' pretty good.

~Melch~

ChrisD
04-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Christian: Lol, thanks! I loved your zombie pic! I know what you mean about the eyes, large ones can be very expressive - makes telling a story a lot easier

Melch: Thanks! I know what you mean about the inking, I wish I had now. Her eyes are usually very big, but the shape of them is less than normal, which makes it look weirder. I'm still trying to find a way to make them look more natural without changing what she looks like that much, so any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

AZmayu
05-03-2005, 04:05 PM
i think the clothing are fine. just tweek the head a little bit add darker shades on her hair i don't know if you want her hair to be a blond hair i've never seen a blond haired gothic chick before usually they all have dark hair. for the eyes if you still want the same look as what you have for the eyes maybe have the eyelids close half way to give it a sleepy look eyes so it won't look like she's surprise as what you have right now.... i think it's a good drawing, nice job :)

Battousai
05-04-2005, 10:20 AM
My tablet and Adobe have both died on me, so this isn't coloured.

I haven't drawn anything in a while, so I thought I'd do this. It's not great, but hey, it's better than nothing.

I'm trying to get her looking a bit gothic, but it's not really working with these clothes. I'll probs make the trousers a bit baggier and add some straps diagonal to the thighs, and give her a long coat with a hood.

Her hands are on fire, but it doesn't show so well. Like I said, I originally wanted this inked and coloured, so some of the details don't show. Sowwy.

with those eyes i don't think you can get the gothic effect. maybe if you put dark rings under or around them.