PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing spy work! Quiet you'll blow my cover!

Vava2109
04-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Ok here's the pic:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Valcron/imaspy.jpginspired by my friend after i came up to him and said "I'm a spy!" he said "Really? I'm camoflage(or however you spell it im sure i spelled it wrong here) i've been here for 20 years!" lol. But ok A: I went for a cartoony look so i made large heads B: The camo looks rediculous i know C: Do you all like the detail on the concrete wall? or should i erase that when i ink it?

In conclusion the last thing i note is that The spy's head looks alot like mario!
I thought of mario in production and thats what came out >_> <_< >_> i dont have a problem! lol

EDIT: now that i looked at my pic, i noticed the camo dude's ears aren't lined up! whoops . . . . you didnt see that

gmpilot
04-29-2005, 03:06 PM
camoflauge, but whatever. They seem a bit flat.. (When you wrote camophage it reminds me of bacteriaphage and I started laughing. I'm a loser.) They are cool..but...dry.

Krieock
04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Mario the spy??? You better watch yourself... Nintendo's enough of a whore to steal that make 6 or 7 repetitive games out of it.

Vava2109
04-29-2005, 07:06 PM
I didnt mean for it to be Mario! it just turned out like him when i drew the spy! and no one has said anything on the concrete.

Anikraze
04-29-2005, 07:14 PM
GRUMBLE GRUMBLE.they locked my thread. I WILL GET REVENGE!!!! oh yeah, and i like how the guy is holding the bushes in his hand. exactly what i would do!!!

clintrussell
04-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Vava, i like the detail on the concrete wall.When i first saw it i though it was the actual mario :laugh:

Well thats all i see except the ear thing which you have spotted yourself

Eric87
04-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Camoflage... no "U"...

I thought the spy was Mario, originally. Oh wait, maybe he's in disguise, breaking into Nintendo headquarters! I like "Mario's" left hand (by his face), but his right needs a bit of work. It almost looks like he's holding something, rather than making a fist... I think if you tighten up his fingers a bit, it will look more like a fist. Or you could put something in his hand (a lockpick, maybe?).

Funny stuff, there.

eightate8
04-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Spies don't usually advertise that they are spies but oh well. The concrete detail is distracting I think. The little cracks are too similar and uniformly placed around the wall. I'd suggest just having a few cracks here and there on the corners or the edges.
Also the spy's right palm seems too fat, I'd bring the line up towards the fingers some.
The darkest lines are for the grass which is also distracting, ink the drawing or make the focal points stronger lines by going over them in pencil again.
I'd also draw the line of his coat up his chest making sure to get the contour right; that would give him some more volume as he looks rather flat now.
He also has a really bulbous forehead, but yeah maybe thats getting too detailed, are you going to fix this one up or are you done with it?

Eyestrain
04-30-2005, 08:34 PM
This is hilarious. It could use a little more shading though to create contrast between the background and the foreground, you know, a sense of distance. I don't really have much to add to what's already been said, but this made me laugh.

Vava2109
05-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Eric87: accually i didnt mean for it to be a fist, ill fix it. It's not a fist more of a open hand, thanks for the crit

Eightate8: He is advertising it for funny, Like i already stated, i went up to my friend and said 'Im a spy' ect. and i decided id put that in there cause it was funny to us. I guess you cant see the humor(alota people at school couldnt either so dont feel bad :) ) ill fix the ol concrete(i figured it was wrong but i needed comments) The palm? ill look into it. Ill be inking the drawing soon so the grass looks better. ok volume ill get on that. The forehead? whoops. ill fix that as well. Ill fix it up(in time) dont you worry

Eyestrain: I aint going to shade it, sorry. Low on lead anyway so i cant waste it. At least you got the laugh lol

tiyo konching
05-02-2005, 05:46 AM
EI VAVA/really cool pic you have there,neways just about the arm on the left side its a bit not the same size(the one closer to the man who looks like mario but i see everthing fine^^ kip it up