PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Colouring attempt

Evil Iori
05-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Hey people, this is my second colouring attempt. I'm not quite sure how to get a metallic effect so any help on that will be nice. CNC please!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/vip3r69/horsegirl6colourcopy.jpg

hezzart
05-01-2005, 05:01 AM
its okay considering its your 2nd attempt. technicaly theres nothing wrong with it, but i dont like the blue. It just doesnt fit the image.

eightate8
05-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Yeah really, not bad at all, and if I didn't commment before I rather like the linework. I could do a little drawing for you to demonstrate metal but I'm not gonna, instead just look around a little for tutorials that people have spent good time on. That would help much more I think. Man how many times have I written that same line. LOOk for tutorilas people, they are all over and really helpful!!! Whoa clearly I'm thinking about mexican food, I meant tutorials. Anyways about the coloring; most of your colors are REALLY close to primary or secondary colors which is straight up ugly. Don't use blue blue or fireengine red use some of the million variations of those colors, it will look more natural and well... good. You might also try selecting areas (the blue torn shirt thing for example) and bringing up the 'Hue and Saturation' sliders, move em around and check out the psycadelic color show, then reduce the saturation ( ALOT on that blue part!) and presto it will maybe look stupenderific. Also try useing the multiply and screen brush settings to do shading, AND to be really fancy use light washes of other colors to give it depth. Ooh ooh ohh ohh and yeah make a little ambient light source highlighting the darker parts. Good luck!

Onwakariudo
05-01-2005, 09:58 AM
yeah i would definitely get rid of the blue, its an unnatural color. also, adding a lens flare filter to the shield or sword would be a nice effect.

also add highlights to the gem in the shield.

hezzart
05-01-2005, 10:19 AM
also, adding a lens flare filter to the shield or sword would be a nice effect.

god no... Lens Flares are ugly.

Dante-eleon
05-01-2005, 03:46 PM
mmmm the blank space between your comment and qoute is a great sense of minamalism, keep it up i hope to see more, or in this case none of your work in the future!

Code6
05-01-2005, 03:59 PM
also, adding a lens flare filter to the shield or sword would be a nice effect.

While you're adding a lens flare, why dont you some bevel and emboss?

I agree, stay as far away from those things as possible.

Evil Iori
05-02-2005, 12:18 AM
What the hell are you talking about Dante...

te shok
05-02-2005, 03:57 AM
Dante did u give it time to load or do u just see nothing not even a red x?
anywho : nice second attemt i cant remember mine but i know yours shames it (i hadint descoverd the wonders of opacity and flow at that stage).
im not sure in you used dodge or burn but some parts look like you have be carefull when choosing colors dont be afraid to add blues reds and pinks to skin experement with adding strange colors at low opacities you never know. you might like it

tiyo konching
05-02-2005, 05:39 AM
er guys be cool aright?:) neways i like the art and the way you color it though i don't really have thattalent when it comes to coloring i'd say everything i see in this pic is cool and i like it KEEP IT UP MAN^^

Evil Iori
05-02-2005, 06:22 AM
I'm cool, I had an idea what he was talking about, maybe he is just impatient -.-. OR on dialup.. Thanks for the crits guys. I'll see if i can improve on the stuff mentioned.

kusi_kishi
05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
it's a bit dark and hard-lined. if you know what i mean... also, i think the character is melting into the background, so i think you should make the background a different color.