PDA

View Full Version : My first post

Liens
05-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi, this is uhm.. my first post, I am halfway through drawing this guy and I thought I should get some crits on it, 'cause I hardly ever show my art to anyone.

http://www.geocities.com/megaadultlink/Sigil_Liens.JPG

hezzart
05-01-2005, 02:51 PM
welcome to the BBS, the neck is abit misplaced or either too long. but thats about it. i like the style of those thinner arms. Are you going to colour it?

cyprox
05-01-2005, 02:53 PM
WELCOME!!!

Now some c&c...
His upper arm is way too thin... You should beef it up. I'm not sure he could support that sword with an arm like that.
His neck seem to be connected to his right shoulder (unless his has an extremly long neck )... you should move it towards the middle.
His stomach is a little thin too.

Beside that it's a very good picture... I like hi facial expression very much.

It's a good move to show your artwork to others. c&c is very helpful.

Liens
05-01-2005, 02:59 PM
I probably wont colour it, I suck really badly at CGing and i'm only just figuring out how to do folds and shading, yeah I thought the neck was off a bit too, still trying to figure out how i'm gonna make the cloak hook up round his neck and look like its flowing over his shoulders

Liens
05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, it should be a bit bigger but when I do make it bigger it seems like his whole arm is on the same side as the sword, which looks kinda weird although I may be able to just make the forearm a little bigger and hope that works

cyprox
05-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Here a pic for reference on the hood problem.

http://www.lansmuseet.varberg.se/upload/images/pic3643225-94440127.jpg

Liens
05-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the C&C and the reference pic peoples

Krieock
05-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Welcome!
I think he looks a little deranged - but not in a bad way - other than the previous crits, evrerythings good :)

Raziel_Doomgate
05-01-2005, 04:38 PM
hey dont feel to bad about not being able to cg. i cant anyway but i like the more tarditional ways... like paint and markers