PDA

View Full Version : D&D Ranger concept

Code6
05-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Hi folks, sorta new to this board.

Concept for my D&D Ranger character. He's gonna be a dexterious dual wielding ranger with a rapier and a kukri, so I'm thinking about changing his face a bit from strong to defined. Hence the little blue line at the chin.

Tell me what you think.

http://www.schoollog.nl/%7Eberg7760/images/Kael_color.jpg

chain2treechick
05-01-2005, 06:54 PM
WELCOMES!!! i like what ur gonna do to the chin. i think the ear is a bit small and too high (maybe the base should just be bigger). the bottom of the ear should connect to the head farther down, like close to where the bottom of the nose it. the neck could taper out a little more at the bottom and get fatter.
work on symmetry in that middle/right sketch of the face. the shoulders could just be bigger and bulkier to accomodate for where the neck connects.
wait, is the ear thing on purpose? sry.
i love the little cartoon. hehe.

Code6
05-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Allrighty, changed it a bit here and there. Reduced the forehead, made the nose more pointy and made him swallow his chin a bit (more elfy imo). Tried to make him look more observing and less menacing. Also, bigger ears. Bigger ears are good. Dont know if I should lower them.

Now for the problems :ugh:

I really dont like the chin in the profile. The head just looks so flat... I'd really really like some pointers on that part.

The pony tail... isnt really a pony tail. Could use pointers on that as well.

And a big problem of mine is drawing the same character multiple times. There's a frontal and a profile, but they hardly look like the same dude. Any hints on how to copy facial feats?

and anything else you want to vomit out, is apreciated as well :)

http://www.schoollog.nl/%7Eberg7760/images/KAEL2.jpg

FigureFour
05-02-2005, 10:07 AM
It helps if you draw them side by side, that way you can use a ruler to make sure all his facial proportions stay even.

Code6
05-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Thanks, it's kinda abvious actually. I'll give it a shot

hezzart
05-03-2005, 10:50 AM
nice, you should cg the 2nd lineart. oh especcially the stick-guy. definatly the stick guy...

"DubbelD: Ik wil die tweede in 3D namaken~!"