PDA

View Full Version : First Post, Random sketches.

XeRaN
05-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Well, this is pretty much my first art post here. Just some stuff i did in class. C&C is always appreciated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/XrarX/scketch2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/XrarX/scketch1.jpg

cheshirecat
05-05-2005, 09:19 AM
not bad but what happened during the scan?

Azmodeus
05-05-2005, 10:40 AM
good practice. keep it up. You'd probably want to change the settings on your scans.

SSTRFSTR
05-05-2005, 02:30 PM
You'd probably want to change the settings on your scans.

You'd probably want to change the settings on your mind.

"Ok, turning the knob... perfect. I set it to 'talented'."

XeRaN
05-05-2005, 04:33 PM
You'd probably want to change the settings on your mind.

"Ok, turning the knob... perfect. I set it to 'talented'."

Thanks I Needed that. You f**king dumbass C&C = constructive criticism not stupidass comments by a dumbs**t with nothing better to do than to bash people learning to draw. On another note. each drawing took less than 5 minutes so obviously they aren't going to be top notch. If you don't have anything to suggest I think you should #1 not post retarded comments that have no purpose and #2 get the f**k off the board.

It's people like you make me hate forums and stuff. I post for fun, draw for fun, and live life for fun. I don't need some stupidass prick posting retarded things in response to my attempt to get some feedback on what i need to improve on. Eat me.

To everyone else. Sorry about that and for all the swearing but I can't stand things that like. About the scan, I drew too lightly and had to darken everything in the post-scan image editor. turned out ugly I know, but I learned a lesson.

OniCloud
05-05-2005, 05:26 PM
;) That's the way to do it! Heh, don't let the ass's push you around. Although even after what you said I'm still sure they're gonna be ass's. But anyways to crit upon your pictures.

Ok I'd say your in a beginner level, and it seems you are working in some of the area's that need improvement but not the most. I'd say to practice drawing hair more, because the first guy with the spiked hair really needs work. And you seem to be practicing the eyes. My suggestion is check out some tutorials on them or some here at PK. And the only way you can really get better is to practice lots! And practice anatomy, gotta have the anatomy ;D. Oh, and try to resize the picture some please;)

And yes, I'm pretty sure people don't join forums just to get insulted. We join to communicate with others, to learn what they already know, and to improve our skills :D

Nice to have a guy like you here at PK :D

Edit: just saw your signature, that's awesome :D

Oddnez
05-05-2005, 07:10 PM
hahah the guy at the bottom with the beard has some awesome hair :D
i really like the elvin girl pose O_o
i think you already know this and might not need it, but when drawing female eyes, you should make the pupil bigger so it doesn't seem like she's glaring at you.
unless you purposely made it that way, which is quite sexy. :unibrow:

study your eyelashes!! the ones you've drawn look like trantulas :OO
heehee j/k

XeRaN
05-06-2005, 04:48 AM
Thanks Oni and Oddnez. Like I said these were just some random 5 minute or less sketches I did during class or right before I went to sleep. Well... I took longer on the girl's pose. As for the guy with the beard :P I did him in like 30 seconds and just penned in some facial hair almost by accident when I was doodling. >.< I've got a big piece in te works right now and once I make it comprehendable (it's rather confusing at present) I will post the WIP.

Krasnoznamonec
05-06-2005, 05:03 AM
I find your drawings interesting. They need a little more cleaning up and anatomy study. Suggest posting at least sketches or doodles that took about 10 minutes to draw.

Suggest checking tutorials. Those that i find helpfull are. http://www.saveloomis.org/ and http://www.anticz.com/heads.htm

Have a jolly good time here at PK forums. Welcome.