PDA

View Full Version : Alauda Arvensis (hi newb here!)

Meringue
05-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi, I'm new. Found Polykarbon.com when searching for CG tutorials, and then started exploring the boards in-depth. Finally, I decided to sign up and have a go at showing my artwork around. I do it for criticism and not for compliments though, cause I don't post something unless I think it looks good, so I already agree with those of you who will say that (but thank you, all the same!) ^^; don't worry about being mean-- I don't argue and I don't take offense. If for some reason I don't find your criticism helpful, I'll thank you anyway because you made the effort. Anyway, here we are!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/14634285/

I posted this a long time ago on my deviantart site because I considered it finished, but I think I will erase the gray areas and ink it, and then color it in photoshop ^^; so I now consider it unfinished!

HellBlazer
05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forums :). Im new too.

Your drawing is good. Though her left hand is a bit strange, the pinky is too high and back, and the chest below breasts is kinda sticking out, take it in a little.

Meringue
05-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forums :). Im new too.

Your drawing is good. Though her left hand is a bit strange, the pinky is too high and back, and the chest below breasts is kinda sticking out, take it in a little.

Thanks for the help ^^ Yeah, I wasn't sure how far the ribs are supposed to extend when people fling their arms in the air. I'll take that in and see what I can do with the pinky. Thanks again ^^

Twitch
05-05-2005, 01:21 PM
welcome to the threads...Not much too say...

great work though, just clean it up and color it...hokay

Meringue
05-05-2005, 01:27 PM
welcome to the threads...Not much too say...

great work though, just clean it up and color it...hokay

thank you :D I think I will do that later tonight, as soon as I finish my homework I'll ink it.

I've always been afraid to ink stuff because I only have regular pens, but I got some nice pens which I heard are good for inking, so I'll use one of those and see what happens ^^

te shok
05-05-2005, 02:15 PM
her breasts are HUGE :eek: :eek: i would think her back woulod be broken by now. Her left breast isint so bad but the right on it twice the size look up on some anatomy though your only problem is the torso everything else is good i really like the hair :)

twstdelf
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
looks good... I don't see a problem with the boobs... seen much larger than that on real people before. I might make the pants a little tighter though, baggy pants under the skirt don't seem to fit... dunno.

Meringue
05-05-2005, 02:44 PM
thanks for the praise te shok and twstdelf.. yeah i know her boobs are big, i had a particular kind of person in mind-- the very happy cheerful girl with large breasts who is very bouncy and oblivious to the guys drooling over her ^^ i like her hair too. if it was colored, her hair would be black and curly. anyways, i made a couple minor changes to her and though i agree that the pants look strange i'm not going to change it cause it's part of her character (made this pic for an RP thing by the way..) to wear funky looking stuff. thanks you guys for your help and once i finish coloring it i will put it in the finished forum thingy ^^

edit: yee! i'm inking it now! -nervous- i'm gonna mess this up x_x i just know it