PDA

View Full Version : The New Escape From Ninja Highschool

MamoruK
05-05-2005, 11:44 PM
alot of you may remmeber this very long lived fight club comic, and some of you newer folks may not of even heard of it, but its legacy will live on forever, and in a new more structured webcomic! Thats right im bringing ENHS back to the fans who loved it so much along with my partner Kagebu, we are currently writing out the script for it and have the first chapter done. However we are trying to get our own webspace and domain name to put the comic up onto as well as getting the website designed, hopefully for really cheap. But again for all of you who loved the FC we have more for you to oogle at. It wont be drawn by as many people just me, Kagebu, and possibly Kaiyu(not sure how commited he is atm) but the character designs have been revamped a bit we ditched a couple others(sorry guys) and the art style is 10x better than before XD look forward to it or if u wanna help us out in some way to get this going and keep it steadilly up well give us some suggestions ^_^ anyway good night everyone.

mofo09
05-06-2005, 05:18 AM
sweet

Phunin
05-07-2005, 07:09 AM
....Need...to.see pages....

Fishlike Samurai
05-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Omg. Something I REMEMBER. As a goldfish I have a memory of 4 seconds, so hope you can understand that ENHS made a major impact on me.

Azmodeus
05-07-2005, 07:45 AM
I'm a noob so I dont remember ENHS, but as some friendly advice. If your gonna recreate the fight club with all the characters it once had make sure you have the permission of those people you didnt invite back. You'd be stealing protected work and concept. It's a courtesy.

Or atleast change the characters up enough so that thier powers and looks dont match.

Just an IDEA! :/

Fishlike Samurai
05-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Plus it's registrated in the PK rules so a mod would have come to say it anyway.

Jonat
05-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Hey Mamoruk, good to see ya back. Not sure if your using Mathias or not, but if you are, its cool, if not, its still cool. Hope that this all works out.

Kagebu
05-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Actually, Jonat, we are using Mathias in this incarnation. When writing the first chapter, every character that we plan on using as a main character has been covered, but I don't think Mathias has had too much attention put on him yet.

Most of the characters that we ditched were considered non important to the overall story, yet that's not to say that they weren't appreciated in the original fight club. We had to make room for other characters with greater importance, such as more supporting or side characters.

As for consulting with the former members to make sure that including their character in this webcomic is fine with them, I personally do not know how to contact them. Though we found the fight club thread, I don't believe I myself have any means to get in touch with the ones who we are disincluding. We are trying to keep the integrity of all the characters, however, and I doubt that they would mind at all (as long as we respect their characters, which we plan on doing).

MamoruK
05-08-2005, 12:11 AM
characters being used are Mitsuki Arashi Mathias Kei Kaze Mayumi and Tatsuki. and i plan on givng credit where credit is due to the creators, but as for protected property none of thses characters are (c) by anyone to my knowledge, so technically i can use any and all fo thses characters w/out consent from anyone but again im giving credit to where credit is due... if i can get al their names... if not im using their screen names most of these cgaracters i already have the go ahead to use anyway i think the only person who i've not heard from at all are Mayumi's and Kei's creators, but if they have any gripes they can e-mail me, and for those of you who've neevr seen ENHS hers the old thread enjoy ^_^

http://p084.ezboard.com/fpolykarbonbbsfrm21.showMessage?topicID=375.topic

ReddDragon7
05-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Ahh, went back to that thread and read every page again, just sends me back on memory lane with all that stuff. Was a great stretch hated to see it diebefore we could conclude that episode, but it's the way most FC'S go I guess .....

Ah well Kinda hate Zei did not make the cut also, but it's gravy. It's nice to see this comming up again and you all making it a web comic at that.... I can't wait to see you all's work... and if there is anything I can do to help..... let me know..... if not then I'll be waiting for the webcomic...

My aim is Drakonx4

Jonat
05-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Okay, my interests have been sufficiantly perked, just in a general timeline, any clue when we might get to see a bit of the comic, not to rush you at all of course.

Kagebu
05-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Ah well Kinda hate Zei did not make the cut also, but it's gravy. It's nice to see this comming up again and you all making it a web comic at that.... I can't wait to see you all's work... and if there is anything I can do to help..... let me know..... if not then I'll be waiting for the webcomic...

Actually, I think Mamoru made a bit of a mistake and overlooked Zeiryo when he listed who we are using, because Zei is definately going to be in there. He's already written into the first chapter, and will be a prominent character among the rest mentioned by Mamoru. Just to reiterate, the characters being used as the main ones are Mitsuki, Arashi, Mayumi, Mathias, Tatsuki, Zeiryo, and Kaze and Kei.

I actually liked Zeiryo's character design most out of everyone else, and aside from my own character, he's the guy I have most fun drawing. I think the only main character who we dropped was Kashin, and then the rest were pretty much non-active members who had little to no "page time" (their names elude me at this point).

Okay, my interests have been sufficiantly perked, just in a general timeline, any clue when we might get to see a bit of the comic, not to rush you at all of course.

As for the phase of getting down and dirty into drawing the comic, we haven't started on that yet. At this point, we're brainstorming ideas for the future of the storyline as well as coming up with the script. As Mamoru said, we've got the first chapter already completed in script form, and we're going to get started on the second chapter sometime soon.

There's also going to be the website itself that's going to need to be going up. We're planning on purchasing a domain, and then having someone design it will take some time. At this point, I'm not too sure we have a solid idea on when we'll see some fruition of Escape From Ninja High School as a webcomic.

MamoruK
05-09-2005, 09:29 PM
yea i dunno how i forgot zei in there >< but anyway gotta get the $$'s for the webspace and whatnot, i wanna at least start drawing the first chapter up soon but im still kinda figuring out how we're gonna split up the work load. so far the only idea is that me and kagebu are alternatig per week and we just put up as much as we pumped out every friday... but i dunno how long that will last... anyway yea look forward to it damn you!

ReddDragon7
05-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Oh sweet, Zeiyro did make the cut! Well now I am anticipating this webcomic even more than before. I'll be waiting patiently for the arrival ... and just want to thank Mamoruk for starting that FC and everyone that took part in it on the old boards. It was a real learning experience for me and the most fun I have had with a Fight Club....

I actually liked Zeiryo's character design most out of everyone else, and aside from my own character, he's the guy I have most fun drawing.

Thanks, I am always happy when other artist enjoy my characters. And, I always like seeing other artists renditions of my characters. Myself, I enjoyed drawing Tasuki... Kei .... Arashi (though I never drew him in a strip any of my panel... I sketched him a few times in practice) and I think her name was Mayuki ........

As far as character design.. I think I liked Kei best... :)

Enzeru.Tae
06-05-2005, 01:32 PM
I remember talking to you guys about this a couple months back, since you guys where talking about remaking it. But I thought it would be as a web comic, not really as a FC. So when are the pages coming out?

del
06-05-2005, 02:27 PM
wow you guys are still going ^^
im glad to have been part of this.
cant wait to see the pages

MamoruK
06-07-2005, 01:41 PM
yea it is a webcomic, we're gonna start making the website soon. as soon as kagebu gets me some of the banners he's been working on and my friend is making the website for us. so we'll hopefully have this up and running within the next month or so look forward to it ^_^