PDA

View Full Version : rubbz' character quicksketch...

bathala_rubbz
05-09-2005, 01:18 AM
a quicksketch of a character trying out for a new style the way i drew the face (actually it's more on an anime-ish self-portrait) i did in the library during the past few months...took me 5 or 9 mins. i like to put myself in pressures like forcing if i can do this in a short/given span of time.

note: even if i make chnges on htis pic, i'm afraid i cannot post any update coz i cannot find a way to scan em and this pic was my past works [some of my last scanned pics in the lab at school before i dropout of college this year]...so feel free to give any crits if you want, make it TOUGH.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/bathala_rubbz/dOODLEs%20n%20sKETCHs/character_sheet_rubbz.jpg

here's the link just in case: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/bathala_rubbz/dOODLEs%20n%20sKETCHs/character_sheet_rubbz.jpg

thnks.

gzus
05-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Not bad, man. I got two calls for you: one, the whole thing's pretty boring. I don't think you should put him in a crazy action pose or anything, but the character doesn't seem to really be thinking or feeling anything, he's kind of doll-style. Two, your neck doesn't look wrong, but it would be nice to get some hint of the neck muscles in there. The face's proportions are off, but it looks like you did that on purpose, and it does work with the style, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

I would suggest you do some more straght-proportioned shizz, as opposed to the anime; pretty good anime style, but it seems like some more straight life drawing would help.

I general, I like it...it's just a tad boring.

!!R

tiyo konching
05-09-2005, 07:50 AM
musta? great stuff there man,i like the style and the penciling :Dgus2 ko un prorportion ng body and nung face kip it up!!^^:bow: :dance: :thumbsup2

Papercut285
05-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Wow thats wicked awsome.... I wish i could draw male characters that well. No CnC from me.

Lancer.Evox.2k
05-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Thats cool. The only thing I could see wrong, there are no folds in the shirt and the neck connecting to the body is too sharp, it should either curve a little i think or, do what i do, put lines overlapping from the neck to the body. But for a quickie, this is a great pic :)

Ayos talaga ang style mo pare. Type ko. Keep it up.

Battousai
05-10-2005, 07:46 AM
really good...why didn't you keep him as your avatar?

j0n
05-10-2005, 08:57 AM
face proportions are sweet.

TheSorrow
05-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Very nice :D

twstdelf
05-10-2005, 10:14 AM
nice work, I like it... I think the neck could be a tad shorter though.

bathala_rubbz
05-10-2005, 10:53 AM
thnks for everything folks!!!

gzus: christ!!! damn..you really pointed em out...thnks man...well yeah, the way i drew it is a tad boring, the expression is rather pale or cold, even i don't feel any soul from it---oh well, i guess this'd be a frustration for a quicksketch...

about the face proportions, well i intended to play/mess with it to try and come out with some style, the way i drew the eyes, the mouth and the nose and the chin...
if i had tried to draw this with the usual style of chara like the usual, i already imagined that the ourcome of it would rather be sucks.
my intention was to come up with my own style, not patterend from someone else's...meh don't want to end up adopting someone else's style.^^

tiyo konching, papercut, j0n, the sorrow: many many thnks for the sweet compliments...galdly appreciated!!

maraming salamat pare!

lancer and twasdelf: maraming salamat pare! thnks twa.. i know the neck has lots of problems and some folds as well, i'm aware of it already[i'm still suffering with folds and anatomy]...it's just that i didn't made any changes after i draw it...i have this hobit of not making anymore changes to some of my sketches---it's to save it's ORIGINALITY and use it as a PREFERENCE to study more...now i'm planning to make chnages from this but in a new paper...i'll be doing a reDRAW of this...

battosai: well, i had that in mind but i ahve NO TOOLS to edit this pic...and i only scanned my pics in that lab too.

but i have an avatar before which is the same as the character in that sketch:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/bathala_rubbz/mY%20mINI-mATIONs/bathala_rubbz.gif
i did this a few months ago inside the lab before i dropout of college this year.
sorry if it's BIIG...i already lost the ava sized..^^

McGarnacle
05-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Nice drawing dude, keep it up :). Only 'nitpick' is that the shadow where the eye connects to nose, our left, is on the wrong side in accordance to the light source in his eyes. No biggie, there could be multiple light sources.

Drevay
05-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Not bad, not bad. Pretty good for a sketch. In the animated version, the chin isn't out quite far enough, and he has a bit of a neanderthall brow going on there. Not too bad, though.

EDIT - Oh, and his neck is a bit off in the animated version as well.

AZmayu
05-11-2005, 10:27 AM
not bad pare, i always like your anime sketch very simple and looks good...