PDA

View Full Version : Slowly adding color

Papercut285
05-11-2005, 09:06 PM
I just finished an extreamly difficult motion exam for my dance class (well this afternoon anyway). So i basically used this to help keep my mind of my aching legs, and arms... :huh: and back,. Just basically everything. I will never say ballerinas have it easy again. I also used this opportunity to re work this character (rework :confused: :huh: :laugh: is that a real word or did i just make that up... :squint: leave me alone i'm tired :) )Anyway heres the image CnC if you want. I think i'm going to turn it into a wallpaper or something. Enjoy :D .

:squint: Now that i'm looking at it on screen i totally have issues with her right leg (stage left). She looks more like a bus boy though :laugh:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/ceberus/Chinadollcostumecopy.jpg

*update*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/ceberus/addingcolor.jpg

creator
05-12-2005, 12:29 AM
i like it,but man thats a really tight dress,her breast shouldnt show through that much.Anyways i love your faces,keep at it.

Papercut285
05-12-2005, 01:57 AM
:D I usually draw the body before the clothes and basically i havent finished drawing all the details for this one yet. :D The face.... yes i totally agree. I like the way this one came out. At first when i was drawing the eyes it looked like the eye furthest from us was too little... But in the end i think it works. Thanks for the CnC creator. I'll start working on the dress ASAP.

Papercut285
05-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Well i've finished coloring the character but i haven't really decided on a backgroud yet :D Does anyone want to share ideas w/me. Anyway would be helpful ass far as the colors are concerned. And any advice offered will be highly appreciated.

Cyangoose
05-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Nice texture on the dress. It reminds me of a dress I have. The coloring seems a bit flat though.

Non Existent IBW
05-13-2005, 06:39 PM
I actually think this might look better either cell shaded or cell shaded with differeing thin opacities. The airbrush in this thing ...I duno it just doesn't look right. And it can easily overpower your pencil lines.

Papercut285
05-13-2005, 09:20 PM
:tear: I have photoshop elements... so i don't have all the cool features. I'll try to make it look less flat though... As for cell shading it... I don't know how to do that yet but when i learn the technique i'll try it :D Thanks for the Comments y'all.

I still think she looks more like a bus boy though :laugh:

creator
05-15-2005, 12:25 AM
your color is coming along quite well,cant wait to see it finished.

te shok
05-15-2005, 03:24 AM
Nice work when i saw the colored version i thought of one of those people who take your bags to your hotel room so i guess a hotel lobby as a bg?

McGarnacle
05-15-2005, 08:43 AM
This is cool. Her left breast appears a little too much towards the centre of her body though, and her left hand look a little flat. Also on the dress, that yellow line would bend from the contour of her left breast. I think the expression on her face works well wih her pose.