View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via ICQ to Lamb

lamb is bewildered by the above comment.

1st: Darkreaver - Even with "shameless texture" you did everything right. The only thing preventing you from winning again would be technical intricacy, greater depth or wit (which your paintings usually have plenty of themselves), that is not present in any other entry. Yours is the only other full scale painting. I like the secondary story going on in the bottom left corner, along with the whole composition. Enviable.

2nd: Meatloaf - However thankful for your nice comment, I state that, in my most private opinion, you don't really deserve the second place. However, my pride puts you even more ahead of me. Your painting is simple and it seems to work with the voters (it drives me crazy ), but there's nothing I can really do about it. You picked a very cool model, I remember lettering through a catalogue when I was little, and there it was, it had an interesting atmoshere. I think it has more potential than just a dull reproduction.

3rd: Xilence Swordswind - I figured that among the rest of the entries it has the most to look at (you know, I could be very harsh with your entry as well - ask Fiona).

rayvon87 - Again a very cool model to work with. Not including the dragon is unforgivable. It's too minimalistic and it doesn't make sense (or does it LOLOLOL?).

ultagod - the best thing about your entries is that you actually approached the topic from the other side. You made lego interpretations of real life phenomena. It would be quite a strong point, if a bit violating the actual rules. Even while writing this I'm slightly tempted to give you a symbolic third place.

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Lamb : 08-30-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote