Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > ACTIVITIES > Contests > Past Contests > 2011 Worst Christmas Gift
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #21
Dr. Zoinksman
The Doctor is in.

I usually do. WHen I'm working on my painting I hit it so often even if it's something small.

check my DA. www.drzoinksman.deviantart.com
Dr. Zoinksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #23
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via ICQ to Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreaver
r.lamb: hm, not exactly sure what you mean...how could it have been worded to be more encouraging then? in any case, if anyone had mentioned this earlier, perhaps this problem could have been rectified.
It's not about wording. It's about the subject matter. Everybody eagerly voted up this cool idea. But once they had to come up with a solution I like to believe that there was nothing more left for them than to shrug off. Don't get me wrong, the idea was good, I liked it. However, it's highly imagination based and affords divergent thinking (which, to the contrary of what many around here believe, doesn't come easy).
I just felt that unless you have a kickass idea to work with any participation seemed useless. As opposed to previous contests where symbolism came just as a bonus.

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Christmas Contest '05 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Victorian Sci-Fi Contest '08 
Total Awards: 13

Send a message via AIM to darkreaver Send a message via MSN to darkreaver

given the low turnout, i've decided to forego the voting and trophies...i've also contacted the people who submitted, all (two of three) who have gotten back to me so far agree with this. Hopefully next contest will garner more interest =(

r.lamb: thanks for the clarification...something to think about.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #25
Steasaurus
rawr

Send a message via MSN to Steasaurus

The turnout was really that low? :/ I think we need some new blood. Maybe we should try and leech more from other places, promote the place on our blogs/personal sites/deviantarts/twitters/etc?
I know I should participate more often than I do, which is pretty much never, but I genuinely do get really busy when these things come around. I had an idea for this one, like I've had ideas for many of the past competitions. I'll try harder to get involved next time.
Steasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote