Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member's Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #141
afroXcore
Curmudgeon

Send a message via AIM to afroXcore Send a message via Skype™ to afroXcore

i just played a few rounds of the new Street Fighter X Tekken game, it's been nuts and i might actually start playing more fighting games because of it.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #142
Dharc
Terrestris Veritas

Send a message via MSN to Dharc Send a message via Skype™ to Dharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroXcore
i just played a few rounds of the new Street Fighter X Tekken game, it's been nuts and i might actually start playing more fighting games because of it.
I've been trying my hands at it as well. My roommate just got it today, and we and some friends were playing a scramble match. I'm glad I finally got a chance to play it, after the disappointment of it not being at the fighting game tournament I just went to.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #143
astrapho
One of 'em crazies

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: When Hell Freezes Over Contest '11 Boss Battle Contest - Winner: 1st place - Issue reason: Beat the scariest boss into a pulp 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to astrapho

I've slept at 8am for the past two days playing Mass Effect 3. ;A; it's pretty fun. I'm surprised there's not more talk about it.

But Bioware, I am disappoint. Day one DLC? and none of your decisions really mattered at all? I expected more from the storyline. but I'm absolutely dazzled by the cinematics. Though I'd trade the better graphics for more actual choice.

Keep my sketchbook alive.

30/90 pics! RARR
Active S.E.s -
jigo-afro-RO-Lamb
astrapho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #144
Cruiser18
The Sharpest Pencil

Awards Showcase
3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 
Total Awards: 1

I'm still waiting for ME3 to be released here in Europe. It's BS that they release the game 3 days prior to everywhere else in the states.
Cruiser18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #145
IARKK
XBLive: Blasianman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrapho
I've slept at 8am for the past two days playing Mass Effect 3. ;A; it's pretty fun. I'm surprised there's not more talk about it.

But Bioware, I am disappoint. Day one DLC? and none of your decisions really mattered at all? I expected more from the storyline. but I'm absolutely dazzled by the cinematics. Though I'd trade the better graphics for more actual choice.
yeah im actually a bit dumbfounded as to why they did that...luckily for me I bought the collector's edition but still, he's quite a character, it'd be a shame for anyone not to have him. If anything, I blame EA, not Bioware. Ever since they acquired Bioware they've been doing these pointless day one DLC crap that should've just been included from the beginning.

Still a great game though, so far...
IARKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #146
Jigo
Karbonite
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Song Illustration Contest '07 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 
Total Awards: 2

ME3 for me.... Although it did remember that I let all the batarians die. But its the same setup if I hadn't played that DLC. I wish I could take a day off work to play. But I am a pussy.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #147
johnway
Master of rubbish art.

I've been playing realm of the mad god. The game is reptitive, tedious grind fest yet i can't stop playing it. Just can't wait for ME3 i don't know how the DLC content in ME2 is going to influnece me3, but i'm importing my save game from me/me2 straight to 3. But i might have to delay it because of the face glitch problem.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #148
astrapho
One of 'em crazies

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: When Hell Freezes Over Contest '11 Boss Battle Contest - Winner: 1st place - Issue reason: Beat the scariest boss into a pulp 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to astrapho

I don't know how much is actually affected, but Tali dies for me when I made the same decisions as a friend who imported?!! What am I doing wrong?!! EURGH gonna replay the mission ;A;

Woah, metacritic users are seriously piling on ME3. the 0-1 raters are generally talking crap, but can't say I don't agree with them somewhat, having day one paid DLC is outrageous.

Keep my sketchbook alive.

30/90 pics! RARR
Active S.E.s -
jigo-afro-RO-Lamb
astrapho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #149
Cruiser18
The Sharpest Pencil

Awards Showcase

Its fun with those 0-10 rating systems. People either hate something and give it a 0, or love it and give it a 10. There's nothing inbetween. Guess that's why youtube threw out the scale system for a "like/don't like" system long ago. People are so simple.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #150
IARKK

I just beat ME3 and I gotta say f*** all those haters lol

Spoiler:
Overall I thought it was great experience, but they didn't deliver on the closure. What happened to all your surviving companions after the war? And even for the ones they show at the very end, wth does it mean? Are they...looking for Shepard? or are they uh...procreating in another world? lololo Who replaces Udina on the council? Does Vega do well as an N7? etc...That's really the only thing that bothers me.

Oh also, I was kinda expecting more deaths...the only people that died were Thane and Mordin(that one made me sad)

*edit- and Cap Anderson
Old 03-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #151
Cruiser18
The Sharpest Pencil

Awards Showcase

Just completed ME3 as well and I have to agree. F*** all them haters. I enjoyed it all the way to the end, and I am sure to be completing it again.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #152
Cruiser18
The Sharpest Pencil

Awards Showcase

On an extra note, my old computer unforunately had an heart attack and died some ways after I finished ME2. Unfortunately that means that my ME progress was lost, so I had to play ME3 with a "vanilla" character where the choices had been made for me.

Now that I'd beaten ME3 I decided to go over the ME3 wikipedia and see what I missed out on, and now I'm sorely tempted to go back and complete ME and ME2, just so I can "set the universe right".

A huge time undertaking for sure, but getting the whole story refreshed might not be a bad thing. Things like Saren, the rogue Turian spector from ME who fell prey to Sovereign's indoctrination, as well as Liara's mother, Wrex the angry krothian, also from ME, was things that was sitting only very vaguely in my memory. It took ME3 to remind me of those characters and what happened with them.

And then I would have to go thoroughly through ME3. I was a bit squanderish on getting enough support from the side missions, so I came to do the final mission with some 60% support.

Spoiler about last mission:
Spoiler:
Thankfully, I learned from the Wiki that it was not my fault that two of my squadmates bit the dust when Harbinger (badguy reaper from ME2 that directed the Collectors. It actually came down to the planet to stop Shepard personally) touched down behind the beam and killed 2 of my squad mates.

That cost me Liara, my love interest, and my all-dialogue pwning best friend Garrus. Quite a shocking blow. I almost can't say what went through my mind as I stood there, with their immovable corpses on the ground.

From what I've learned from the wiki, that is unavoidable. Next time I will definitely bring someone along that I can stand to loose. Having Liara and Garrus torn from me like that hit hard.

Spoiler about ending:
Spoiler:
Now I learned there are 3 main endings. I took the one where I destroy the reapers along with all artificial life (too bad for EDI I guess). I must admit that I can understand the raving of the fans. Having invested such huge amount of time in the universe, making sure everything is coming together, as well as growing a love interest in one of the other characters, just to have Bioware go with the sudden ending where Shepard dies (granted, he didnt look too good after getting hit by Harbinger) killing off the squadmates and destroying the jump relay system (I don't get that).

And then it's just over. We dont know what the universe did after that. Were all the armies stranded in SOL space? Everyone on the Citadel just died? Was earth saved? Wtf is going on with the after credits thing?

Although I am a bit of a sucker for a happy ending, I don't mind things not going quite right at the end, but to have the universe pretty much going to hell anyways with no mention of the situation afterwards was a bit dissapointing.

Here's to hoping that Bioware will fill out some of the blanks with DLC or something. I find it a bit distasteful though, if I will have to pay money to get the actual story experience completed.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #153
johnway
Master of rubbish art.

i have ME3 and i'm waiting for the patch to get the face sorted out. i could use that community tool if i was arsed, but it looks like a lot of work. So instead, i'm playing ME3 multiplayer which is ok. Nothing spectacular and i could start plugging at the achievements and test abilities. So far, the galaxy is 93% ready and i haven't even started the main event!

This reaper invasion is going to be underwhelming.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #154
IARKK

@johnway- Don't worry Galactic Readiness is only part of it, you still have to build up your military strength And you've still got quite an adventure ahead of ya >:3

@cruiser-
Spoiler:
That's...weird, because my 2 squadmates survived harbinger's attack. I assumed they were dead, but their bodies were not there, and at the end it showed them walk out of the normandy with joker.

which was also wtf? Where the hell were they going? and how did they magically appear in the normandy and unharmed in the first place? lol

Im hoping, at this point, that Bioware planned to release DLC, because if they didn't then that means they intended on leaving us with an ending that makes no sense lol
Old 03-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #155
Cruiser18
The Sharpest Pencil

Awards Showcase

@IARKK
Spoiler:
Hmm, weird. The wiki said that the two squadmates will die. But then again, I also missed out on the 2 other endings because I didnt have enough war assets. I only got the destroy option. Guess that warrants for another playthrough where I give it all it can take

If you win with over 4000 war assets supposedly, Shepard will survive the "destroy reapers" end.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #156
IARKK

Cruiser18-
Spoiler:
I played it again, and I think you were right...Kind of, from what I gather no matter who you choose as your squad mates, that end video will always have joker, tali, and javik, which just HAPPENED to have been the people I chose as my squadmates for the final mission the 1st time around.

the 2nd time, I chose liara and ashley, but the end video still showed tali and javik. However, I did NOT find liara or Ashley's bodies anywhere...so...I dunno lol
Old 03-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #157
Dante P
I'm like a novice, man.

SPIRAL KNIGHT! SPIRAL KNIGHTS! SPIRAL KNIGHTS! SPIRAL KNIGHT! SPIRAL KNIGHTS! SPIRAL KNIGHTS! SPIRAL KNIGHT! SPIRAL KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!

@______________________________@
Old 03-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #158
djizomdjinn
(JI-zom JIN)

I tried it, got bored, and moved on. Art style was awesome though.

Currently playing Rusty Hearts.
*Warning: This poster may disappear for months at a time.
djizomdjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #159
HiddenTruth
unseen

Send a message via Skype™ to HiddenTruth

Currently playing LSD: Dream Emulator. Youtube some LPs of it and you MIGHT begin to understand. xD

HiddenTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #160
Jigo
Karbonite
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Song Illustration Contest '07 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrapho
I don't know how much is actually affected, but Tali dies for me when I made the same decisions as a friend who imported?!! What am I doing wrong?!! EURGH gonna replay the mission ;A;

Woah, metacritic users are seriously piling on ME3. the 0-1 raters are generally talking crap, but can't say I don't agree with them somewhat, having day one paid DLC is outrageous.
At the end of ME2 or during ME3?? If its the mission I'm thinking of, it really surprised me the scope of how differently things could play out. Sometimes during ME1 and ME2 I felt like the decisions weren't actually that important, and it was pretty much the same for everyone with little character tweaks but they've really made some of that stuff count in this one. It kinda feels like my boyfriend and I are playing two completely different games.