Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member's Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #121
Nefastus
Lucky Enough

Send a message via AIM to Nefastus Send a message via Yahoo to Nefastus

Hmm, I was christian for a long time, I most of just had a falling out with the way some people become competition christians. I don't know if anyone else has experienced that but, it's kinda scary. People trying to out do each other in salvation, then they start saying little hints towards the other people's down falls.

So I just stopped going.

I don't think I could get into a competion for ultimate salvation.

or a spelling bee for that matter.. Jeez. I could really use spell check.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #122
velcro animal
new Teriyaki style

if it was a competition we'd all lose. Nobody "earns" salvation. It is brought to us by grace, but you have to accept it to recieve it. Don't worry about those "competitive Christians" they have their own things to worry about and they're not the ones you have to answer to when it's all over.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #123
Gamerdork
Wants to float.

Send a message via ICQ to Gamerdork Send a message via AIM to Gamerdork Send a message via MSN to Gamerdork Send a message via Yahoo to Gamerdork

Ya, actualy, I only really have one or 2 freinds at my church. I cant stand everyone else.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #124
K_x_uksami
Karbonite

I'm agnostic in theory, though in practice I'm probably an atheist.

Capitalism is the straightjacket of conformity and obedience supported by those who think they have truly lived if they have managed to procure pieces of paper with numbers on them. In capitalism, everything is reduced to numbers, commands, and meaningless social constructs.
K_x_uksami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #125
ShimmeringSword
KarbideRanger

CHRISTIANITY, rockzors.
Here is where we all fight cuz I say, MY GOD IS THE ONLY GOD, ALL OF YOUR GODS ARE FAKE AND YOU GO TO HELL, unless of course you turn away from your sinful ways.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:57 PM   #126
shadowstarre
Karbonite

Awards Showcase
3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefastus
My ultimate search is for the final amount of information that links it all together and carries me to ascension, or if I have not obtained that information I return to the well and am drawn out again for use.
Oh geez, could've just said you were Buddhist.

My parents were essentially agnostic, and I chose to label myself a Christian until recently, when I started taking a comparative religions course in school. I was shocked to find that my personal philosophies were actually closer to being a mix of Christian, modern Hindu and Buddhist ideas. Certain parts of each religion completely hit home, while others (like religious justification for a pope, caste system, etc.) were obviously the product of human corruption.

At the moment, I'm unlabeled and on the path of some kind of super emo spiritual journey to find a personal truth or whatever.
shadowstarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #127
Moxie
Temporary mod

I have found my religion...

*severely bad language*
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1685099/
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #128
Creaven
chocolate chip cookie

I think everyone is free to believe what ever they want. Religion can be essential to bring people hope, strength... but it can also bring war. 3/4 of the wars going on today are over religion. I think the thing people are doing wrong is taking their religion seriously, whereas the stories in the bible, coran and other were just meant to be guidlines.
Creaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #129
D4Shadow
Clint

christian stores are funny
They really don't make any sense. Are they trying to protect the children's eyes with goody good books and jesus dolls?

and with the music and stuff it's funny to. P.O.D is contemporary christian rock, and when they came out with the album Pable on Death, 85% of christian stores banned their album because of a naked butterfly lady crossing her arms... That's kind of funny.
btw, church is sooo overrated...
Old 05-07-2006, 12:38 AM   #130
Nefastus
Lucky Enough

Send a message via AIM to Nefastus Send a message via Yahoo to Nefastus

I always thought wars were fought over trade rights nowadays, silly me, who would fight over oil when they could fight over imaginery friends.

excuse the imaginary friend comment. Every religion has it's valid parts and who is to say what is real in the end. I am truthfully drunk and my comments about religion are usually horribly misguided.

Yet, I ramble and I digress.

on a happier note, I'm not buddhist.. I will not be reincarnated, I will break down to molecules as I decompose and such things will be given back to the planet, where my molecular memory will be spread among what new life comes from my demise. Don't knock religion as a tool to give morals to people, morals and laws give people mostly peaceful barriers which give them place to calmly study and perfect the path to acension. Unfortunately a bunch of people get caught up in the translation and lead themselves and many others to destruction. Be peaceful and be calm, respect people and their ways and ultimately you will begin to look outward into the universe and the possiblities you can achieve.

I'm only this much into philosophy after a few beers.. So don't worry.

and for shadowstarre,,

personal truth is universal truth uncommunicated.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:03 AM   #131
iolarnula
Karbonite

Baptised Catholic when I was a little 'un, but I'd say my family's pretty relaxed about it. Well, when I compare it to the 'Catholic stereotype' everyone seems to bring up when I'm asked about my beliefs.
I'm too much a girl of science to believe in the Genesis creation myth (I mean, the Bible was written by men. of course they'll fudge around with it for their own means). I believe in God, but that doesn't mean I will shout it in the ears of every passerby.

Fran: Do you know that in Tibet, when they want something, they give something away?
Bernard: Do they? That must be why they're such a dominant global power. (Black Books)
iolarnula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #132
3amoora
Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to 3amoora

I'm muslim

Mi SKetChb00KiZzle
3amoora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #133
shadowstarre
Karbonite

Awards Showcase
3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 

To me, the idea of reincarnation is more about the conservation of energy than souls and emotion and the like. It's one of those rare tenets of religion that's backed up by science. Can't say I personally believe in it, but that's far from relevant.
shadowstarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #134
pofo
hopeless situation elder

Awards Showcase
2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Victorian Sci-Fi Contest '08 

Wouldn't reincarnation be more of a conservation of information? (I hope there's no law for that, we'd be looking at something like Steve Aylett's Black Triangle)
pofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #135
Denzive
Happy Fat Crapmaster Guy!

Send a message via AIM to Denzive

I am christian ... Though i am angry at some of the practitioners of my religion because some of them do something bad and give our religion a bad name! I hate the idea of thinking about it! It bothers me because alot of people think Christianity is sucky and Catholic is good when Catholic and Christianity are basically the same thing!.. The only difference is Christianity is more focused on a personal relationship with God...

I do study the Revelations in the bible... aka The Apocolypse....Basically the End of the World... Its very complicated to talk about but.. all i can say for advice that you could look out for is that The Rapture before the End takes all believers up to heaven in a flash...(The Rapture is A Christian Theory) And the Sinners spend the End as Repent... and During the episode Angel Philidalphia opens the key to the abyss and a creature with like seven heads 5 somthing and 7 crowns and such will come out with 666 printed on the forehead... Those who worship the beast will result in Second death...Death...The Spirit dead... resulting in no good and enternal damnation in Hell.............

Many People believe that they go to Hell for eternity but thats only in certain curcumstances.. They go the for 3 months or 7 days or 10 months or somthing like that... less than a year i think.... And they are chained up by beasts and they are in cages being yelled at Either blasphemy or shame and they are tortured.

So be good you little bitches.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #136
pofo
hopeless situation elder

Awards Showcase
2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Victorian Sci-Fi Contest '08 

Um... not to sound like an ass. But Catholisism is also christianity.

My problem with christianity of all kinds (not christians, most of them are no worse than average) is the way they interpret the message of Jesus (swell guy, I don't believe in what's said about his paternity, but that's hardly relevant). The New Testament in two lines:
"Jesus accepted and loved the people around him, no matter what society thought of them, until he was crucified."
I think Christianity's response to this is somewhat cowardly in that they don't try to emulate Jesus. Instead of thinking/feeling/saying "I accept you for who you are. I love you.", they go "Jesus forgives you. Jesus loves you.". In many cases it almost seems to be "At least Jesus loves you, even though I sure don't. You should change so you're more like me."
pofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #137
Denzive
Happy Fat Crapmaster Guy!

Send a message via AIM to Denzive

You got a point i see what your saying but not all christians do that.. i dont know why they say that to give you the feeling of shame but im sure most of them dont try to... our religion aint perfect but anyways my church dont act like that so all i can say is that not all of us say that people are bad because they arent involved within christianity...we just try to help on most occasions but some people look over our practices in a different view and say that were wrong..
Old 05-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #138
Runningkid
Karbonite

i m haruhiism
Runningkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #139
Anyte
The Unsmiling

I was raised Jehovah's Witness. I do not follow that or any other religous faith. I'm a philosopher. I typically label myself Agnostic but it really doesn't say much about my philosophy.
Anyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #140
Noir Proxy
My jinx is occupied!

Send a message via MSN to Noir Proxy Send a message via Skype™ to Noir Proxy

I think if there is a God, hes dead