Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Sketchbooks
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 02:42 PM   #1
matches
the great

Default Matches the Great Sketchbook

heres my sketches... some are new and some are not, some are serious and some are well... not. anyway im 13 and i want to learn lots so crit me hard.

first of the egyptian barbarian WIP, this one is pretty recent, now that i look at it on the computer his egyptian kilt thingy looks tilted, ill fix that, and his bicep outlines are way huge . the last thing that i noticed before i even looked at it on the comp was that the thing on his kilt thingy looks like a tie, for a buisnessman suit, any ideas? edit: i used vigilante8's style of abs and pectoral muscles because i was inspired by his pic of himself as a dbz char... not that i like dbz.

egyptian

this one is called "The Eye" a little thing i did with my circle template, a cool foreshortening exercise (sort of)

---The EYE---

here is a mecha robot a started, was gonna make him a communist war machine, but it kinda got away from me

COMMUNIST WAR MACHINE

this is a silly drawing of what i like to call "The Phantom of the Ballerina"

Phantom of the Ballerina

another silly drawing of a character inspired by Malingo of "Abarat"

Malingo from "Abarat" by clive barker

a third silly drawing, as you can see its a monster who has obviously lost his marbles

No Marbles Monster

a fourth silly drawing of a undetailed, almost a silloughette of a guy with a mowhawk

Mowhawk Dude

like i said crit me hard for i am only 13 and wish to learn

Last edited by matches : 12-07-2004 at 05:00 PM. Reason: forgot to give vigilante 8 credit
Old 12-07-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
Oceans Andrew
Karbonite

Send a message via AIM to Oceans Andrew

most of these are a little too unfinished for comments, but the ones that do seem slightly more complete could use slightly cleaner lines.

I think the best thing for you to do right now is to get a bunch of photographs and use them as reference to learn some of the basics like proportion and anatomy.
Probably the hardest thing about drawing when you are 13 isn't lack of skill, it's lack of patience. Try planning a slightly larger drawing and work on it a little each day.

one more time, use reference!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:41 AM   #3
ReddDragon7
Just give me, ME!

Send a message via AIM to ReddDragon7

Yeah, what Andrew said... Plan first, then practice and practice.. and practice more. You've got a good imagination though, so don't lose that...
Old 12-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #4
matches
the great

you guys are right, ill sit there and work on something for like an hour, and get completely sick of it, and put it away for a month, until i get a new idea for it, thats what i did for the egyptian one, it was originaly going to be a humanoid (metal abs and stuff) but i got sick of it and put it away.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #5
TruWarrior

nice. co much better than when i was 13

Old 07-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
Emo/Angel

Cleaner lines could be practiced. :3

You can still go over a line in a drawing again and again, but it has to look smooth, and you have to try to stay on that line. :nod nod:

Old 07-17-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
Kwiix
The Horror

Default R

Don't bump up old threads, TruWarrior.