Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member's Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #41
Krasnoznamonec

That gizmodo article for some reason reminded me of classic scene from 2001 oddyssey on the moon with the monolith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4Rk0NATNs

Last edited by Krasnoznamonec : 04-10-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #42
Meatloaf
Brett

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 1 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via MSN to Meatloaf

All I see all over these tech magazines at work are iPad praise. Sure it's a neat gadget, but people are making it seem more than it is, IMO. Also, it seems like iPod is all losing focus on the music aspect of the device that made them popular. I rarely see iPod touches used for music. I suppose the Classic will remain, but even the Nano has a camcorder in it now...It's all about the features and apps.
Meatloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #43
raptor
roar i say...roar...

Send a message via AIM to raptor

the ipad to me seems like an excuse to be cool. just like when the iphone came out, it was overpriced and people were buying it just have it. i dont see the ipad doing anything revolutionary...hell apple just upgraded the OS to support multitasking and ads....apple has been on a string of fails but fanboys wont admit it. microsoft however has been on a string of semi wins...i prefer the courier over the ipad.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #44
effin
POOP POOP POOP

Uh, yeah, I'm sorry but thats a pretty dumb statement. I'm personally pretty against apple because I don't want to pay a crapload for a mac thats worse than something you could get for half the price that isn't mac - and not to mention how amazingly restrictive they can get at times on their own hardware.

But even I'll admit that the iPhone is a fantastic device, there is a reason it has sold so well. I went out and purchased an ipod touch after the most recent generation was released because up until that point I had been using different brands such as creative, sansa etc. I then realised I was being an enormous doucheburger for basing products on their popularity.

They make good products, they are polished, they are great for a large base of the consumer market (they are simplified) I can't exactly say anything about the ipad simply because I haven't used it. Yet even though a lot of the sales are due to a good marketing team, apple does make good products.

Don't be a doucheburger like me.
effin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #45
Krasnoznamonec

You could have just bought a Nokia phone with MP3 playing ability and a SD Memory Card and not be a doucheburger for owning apple product.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #46
Sev
ಠ_ರೃ

you guys might like this one.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #47
effin
POOP POOP POOP

lol
Old 04-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #48
raptor
roar i say...roar...

Send a message via AIM to raptor

it has nothing to do with being a doucheburger...
i can admit the iphone revolutionized touchscreen phones but not all apple products are quality...
the ipod works. the ipod touch works. why do you need another ipod thats 10 inches big? theres no doubt that their products are polished but in terms of OS's, theirs is starting to collect dust. the ipad was a perfect opportunity to actually do something thats seriously touch based by developing a new interface that actually takes advantage of the large screen. instead they just slapped the iphone OS on it and called it revolutionary.
and dont even get me started on OS4...
multitask
iAd
game center
books
enterprise
unified email
im sure to the iphone OS user this is exciting but to the rest of the smartphone world its a ticket into the glorious year of 2008...
until they get back to revolutionizing, ill stick to the ipod.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #49
effin
POOP POOP POOP

I was simply replying to you saying in the previous post that people were purchasing the iphone to be cool. Neglecting the fact its actually a good product.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #50
Sev
ಠ_ರೃ

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor
it has nothing to do with being a doucheburger...
i can admit the iphone revolutionized touchscreen phones but not all apple products are quality...
the ipod works. the ipod touch works. why do you need another ipod thats 10 inches big? theres no doubt that their products are polished but in terms of OS's, theirs is starting to collect dust. the ipad was a perfect opportunity to actually do something thats seriously touch based by developing a new interface that actually takes advantage of the large screen. instead they just slapped the iphone OS on it and called it revolutionary.
and dont even get me started on OS4...
multitask
iAd
game center
books
enterprise
unified email
im sure to the iphone OS user this is exciting but to the rest of the smartphone world its a ticket into the glorious year of 2008...
until they get back to revolutionizing, ill stick to the ipod.
i thought ipad was suppose to be more on the netbook bandwagon then an ipod?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:33 AM   #51
hezzart
Blue Katamari

Send a message via MSN to hezzart

It is. But the line between functionality on mobiles and netbooks is really blurry these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor
the ipad was a perfect opportunity to actually do something thats seriously touch based by developing a new interface that actually takes advantage of the large screen.
What would you rather have seen? In my opinion their tweaked mobile OS is a perfect companion for a device like this; finger-friendly, simplified, uncluttered, efficient and most importantly it's usable.

That last point is where all netbooks and most other slate devices seem to fail in. Simply slapping on an existing OS (W7, OSX) just doesn't work. Instead of being productive, it gets in the way because of the nature in which these products are used. Inventing a new OS for the sake of having a new OS isn't the only solution, imho.
hezzart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #52
Sev
ಠ_ರೃ

Toshiba has release a little more info on their upcoming touchscreen tablet.

Source
Old 04-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #53
IshidaLyons
Karbonite

Location: I live in Idaho and I'll soon be moving to another state. ^^

In my opinion, Microsoft will own maxipad big time... Oops, I means iPad.

http://gizmodo.com/5365299/courier-f...-secret-tablet
IshidaLyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #54
Sev
ಠ_ರೃ

i can actually get behind that. wish more info was out on that.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #55
IshidaLyons
Karbonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivik1
i can actually get behind that. wish more info was out on that.
Me too! I just study the Azure potential as cloud computing and the way Microsoft describe the tablet as Infinite Page Journal. This is probably one of the biggest potential for artists, students, and employees to use this to draw, keep accordance of information, and it goes on. It even rumored to allow .Net developer like me to add a custom made application to that tablet. ^^
Old 04-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #56
Sev
ಠ_ರೃ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshidaLyons
Me too! I just study the Azure potential as cloud computing and the way Microsoft describe the tablet as Infinite Page Journal. This is probably one of the biggest potential for artists, students, and employees to use this to draw, keep accordance of information, and it goes on. It even rumored to allow .Net developer like me to add a custom made application to that tablet. ^^
yea, engadget has a little more info on that from march 5th. i can see a lot of potential with this device. lets hope for more info soon.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #57
IshidaLyons
Karbonite

I'll let everyone know if I find some insider information about this potential product.