Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Sketchbooks
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #41
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via ICQ to Lamb

Thank you Prof.

Started working on my portfolio. I'm a little depressed though, there are like thousands of artists who are better than me. I hope to get a freelance job as soon as possible still.

(I realized just now. Doesn't she look a little like "Come and have sex with me"?) X_X

for the guys who helped me in the WIP section (just that you don't think that I dumped the project and your help was useless): I am grateful for all the help I got from you. I am planning to work on the piece, and finish it eventually. It's just that I got some extre time and I really struggled for it didn't look like I imagined it (guess it was working only in my head) so I'll have to give it some more thought.

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Lamb : 05-14-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:31 AM   #42
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 

update
my version of Red Hot Hoshi's flying guy

(this was originally supposed to be a tag on Evil Iori's ticket but somehow went out of control ^^; ) I have no idea why it's so blurred... photobucket does that sometimes, will have to reupload it.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lamb : 05-14-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #43
Vatsel
Carbon Monoxide

Send a message via AIM to Vatsel Send a message via MSN to Vatsel

Hey man, stuff looks cool!
cant see any mistakes stickin out, so keep up youre doing great
Vatsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #44
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Thank you Vatsel ^^

a little update.

I hope there'll be more. School is more or less over... still one exam to go though.

Oh and btw: thank you Muzz, Mandelak and Fshoo for you comments. While rooting through my sketchbook I realised I never thanked you for coming by. Sorry guys.

Last edited by Lamb : 05-14-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #45
afroXcore
Not here, not now.

Send a message via AIM to afroXcore Send a message via Skype™ to afroXcore

i really like the monochrome portraits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r@nd0m-lamb
(I realized just now. Doesn't she look a little like "Come and have sex with me"?) X_X

not really, unless my foreplay sucks.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #46
Shin
Crit you for over 9000 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by r@nd0m-lamb
Started working on my portfolio. I'm a little depressed though, there are like thousands of artists who are better than me.
Just look at how much you've improved. Try not think of art as a competition, but look towards others for inspiration. Run your own race and picture it as a journey of self discovery. I always think of it this way; if they can do it, so can I
Old 05-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #47
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroXcore
i really like the monochrome portraits.
Thank you. I'm planning on doing quite a lot of these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afroXcore
not really, unless my foreplay sucks.
There are certainly several approaches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin
Just look at how much you've improved. Try not think of art as a competition, but look towards others for inspiration. Run your own race and picture it as a journey of self discovery. I always think of it this way; if they can do it, so can I
Firstly, thank you. Secondly, I wish I could see it that way, but for me the whole life is a competition. I truly suffer when someone is better than me in things I want to excell at. I sometimes take it to the extreme (maybe some members noticed - especially after contests) I can even feel injured for a while. Greatly in contrast with my rational thinking, when I always know that I'm wrong but that feeling just won't go away. When I was younger I always wanted to be like those cool anime characters who are all quiet and at crucial moments show how strong they actually are and everyone is amazed. I think there is still something of that left somewhere. I hate admiting things I can't do, and at the same time am eager to show my achievements around. Not to mention that along with those contrasting attitides all my work is included in one much greater contrast of attitudes. While always wanting to be the best I am lazy as hell, fan of a comfortable life as well. ok, that's enough.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #48
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

nothing new just the two paintings I did in the last few days.

I tried to fix it a little.

my piece for the over dramatic contest (the hand looks only half-done but I was going for such a look from the beginning (it is also very Burne-Hogarthesque)

Old 07-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #49
thoraxglycerin
I'm a hell of a warmonger

Location: Sometimes her, sometimes there, soo.... everywhere?
Send a message via MSN to thoraxglycerin

i must say, you have a really good sense for composition, really no unused places in your drawings, cool!
thoraxglycerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:18 AM   #50
Makkon
BRAINS

Awards Showcase
2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 
Total Awards: 1

Love your style! You've got a very dynamic variety, I'm really digging your latest stuff. Tictactoe made me lol
Makkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:03 AM   #51
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

@ thoraxglycerin: I had to learn that since I can't draw all that well so composition is essential for a good looking end result.

@ Makkon: Thank you very much. I was afraid that that tic-tac-toe piece was too simple (for there really is not much of drawing or painting skill included), but I liked the idea, so I decided to do it anyway. I'm glad you like it too (or that it made you lol or anything).

Last edited by Lamb : 07-10-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 AM   #52
Proof
Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to Proof

Holy turd on a catstick.
Man you have a beautiful style, and your painting skills are music to my eyes!
Keep up the good work dude!
Proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:37 AM   #53
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Thank you very much Mr. Proof.

//I just realized that his sketchbook is only something like 2 years old, I thought it was much more than that.

Last edited by Lamb : 08-09-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #54
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:

Old 08-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #55
Phl
Clang-Klang!

Send a message via AIM to Phl Send a message via MSN to Phl Send a message via Skype™ to Phl

Nice! It's the first time I go through your sketchbook! It's really awesome. I'm gonna be patiently waiting for updates 8D

Phl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #56
chib
Karbonite

Send a message via Skype™ to chib

Loving it! I love it when you use very vibrant colours, very striking.
I like post #41 and the first painting from post #48 in particular, the bright colouring fits the style perfectly.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #57
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Default Mydaswell update

thank you very much Phl and chib!

Here comes an update. I'm afraid the last one for a certain time period. I am entering an offline mode where I'll finally learn how to draw. Something I should have done ages ago.

slight improvements on the lady above.

sloppily fixed perspective

So you know why I wanted to be through with this. It started as a totally different picture... It took several paintovers to get up to this point.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #58
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Default lamb's halloween adventure (with a mouse)

I have no tablet for this contest.

Day 1 (still running)
- naval mine for head
- use naval mine as weapon of choice
- do hammer throw with naval mine

basic animation number one. I sort of tried to learn how to paint with a mouse that's why the mine is richly textured compared to the rest of the body. This is only a scheme a first attempt and is most likely to be changed (and yes, that's why all the white crap is around )

I want a cup this time.

to be updated (at least) once a day for the coming 4 days.

Update numero 2.

There is a lot of tweaking to be done. It will be a pain to animate the rotation during the actual throw X(.

Last edited by Lamb : 10-20-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #59
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

still not satisfied with how it is pullin the head off. Fortunately I know how to fix it. It takes too long correcting errors, there are way too many of them.

gave it a basic color for the head. A real grey/black mine would look scarier but this one brings the theme across. It will take time coloring all this.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #60
thoraxglycerin
I'm a hell of a warmonger

Location: Sometimes her, sometimes there, soo.... everywhere?
Send a message via MSN to thoraxglycerin

nice start lamb, perhaps shape the ball more like an ellipse when it's spinning the most, about when the morningstar(head) comes more to the middle because of the energy it adds.
But it's just me speaking about physics in a pathetic way, mixing it with dynamic animation.
But it's nice, too, how you managed it. Applause for it.
Can't wait for the finished piece.
(And can't wait to use the time to do something alike, too.)
http://www.polykarbonbbs.com/showthread.php?t=25865
thoraxglycerin is offline   Reply With Quote