Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > ACTIVITIES > Contests
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #41
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via ICQ to Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshoo`
How about a masterpiece copy contest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kras
Malevich's "black square" or "black circle" for example?
Awesome idea.

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #42
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Christmas Contest '05 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Victorian Sci-Fi Contest '08 
Total Awards: 13

Send a message via AIM to darkreaver Send a message via MSN to darkreaver

keep em coming! expect to see another contest June-ish. the more ideas there are, the higher the chances of awesome.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #43
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 

I had this idea of a contest called "Who played with physics?!"

Basically, the contestant would have to create a picture of how it would look if physics worked differently. (for example how aircraft would look like if air was heavier than ground)

Old 04-16-2010, 06:09 AM   #44
mangakawannabe
Karbonite

here are afew of the top of my head, that i think i need focus and work in

Fight/battle scene: create a dynamic image of two or more people fighting eachother
imagination: imagine and create your idea of a main city in the year 3000
mangakawannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #45
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Christmas Contest '05 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Victorian Sci-Fi Contest '08 

non-dynamic fight: it's relatively straight forward to express action and tension when the characters are wailing on each other with fists and swords, so what about without them? in a two pace comic, depict tension between opponents without resorting to dynamism. Is it a battle of words, of subtle actions? Is it a battle over the internet, or telepathically?

no extreme camera angles. no speed lines. tension only. final destination.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #46
mangakawannabe
Karbonite

^ yours sounds better

when i said dynamic battle i was invisioning like a warscene, but battle without battle sounds much more interesting ^^
mangakawannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #47
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO

Awards Showcase

shameless exploitation idea: design a set of smilies, maybe 10-15 of them. Points would awarded for stylistic consistency as well as versatility in expressing a gamut of emotions.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:44 AM   #48
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreaver
non-dynamic fight: it's relatively straight forward to express action and tension when the characters are wailing on each other with fists and swords, so what about without them? in a two pace comic, depict tension between opponents without resorting to dynamism. Is it a battle of words, of subtle actions? Is it a battle over the internet, or telepathically?

no extreme camera angles. no speed lines. tension only. final destination.
this is an overall good idea but you should eliminate that extreme angles restriction for the artists to have more freedom.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #49
XezOne
Karbonite

OK I got interested in this
I dunno if it was metioed before cause im new and i got an idea
we could do an evolution contest when people make up an original specie and show how they evolve up to 21st century
sorry if someone thought of this before
XezOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #50
mandelak
Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to mandelak

a colouring contest. have one persons lineart and anyone entering has to colour it to the best of their ability.
mandelak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #51
Jats
Special Needs

I second Mandelak.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #52
Hapa_artist
Karbonite

How about picking a serious subject or scene and making it wacky and over the top?
Eg there are tons of pics of Lord of the rings but theyre all deadly serious. It would be fun to see one of say, helms deep, with Gandalf in a frenzy, leaping up and clobbering orcs with a crazed smile on his face like he was enjoying it and all the characters just generally over the top and exagerated, but not neccesarily meaning changing it to a more cartoon like style. just miking it kinda crazy.
no good?

I also thought about taking an anime or cartoon character and doing a realistic depiction of them. Not very original though, maybe.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #53
Izanaki_Reload

How about a game of telephone -- art style!

Eh . . . that might not be a viable idea for a contest, but it sounds like a cool exercise or project to embark on.

My TF was telling me about her drawing final when she was an undergrad. Her drawing professor lined everyone up from the strongest drawing students to the weakest. Then the strongest drawing student went out into the hall and and was assigned to draw some object. No one is allowed to see what it is except that student. Then, the next student in line had to make a drawing of that object based on the previous drawing. This goes on 'til the end of the line of students.

So maybe if there's enough people who wants to participate in this, the moderators could rank the participants based on their skill. Then, they can send a photo of what the object is to the strongest participant. And then the chain of drawings goes on 'til you get to the last participant.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #54
Curry101
your favorite side dish

Send a message via AIM to Curry101

Make a 1 page sequential comic

Or make a 10 panel comic ala Peanuts or so.
Curry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #55
Dr. Zoinksman
The Doctor is in.

I was thinking of Reaver's idea about the nondramatic fight scene. How about the opposite. Either a single pic or sequential art that shows somebody/some people being overly dramatic about something trivial or plain. And use speed lines and dynamic angles to show the drama behind something simple like playing a card game or something. "EXTREME" form of something not usually exciting.

check my DA. www.drzoinksman.deviantart.com
Dr. Zoinksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #56
Inevidence
Karbonite

Haha, reminds me of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei X)

"I thought the elevator was going up.... BUT IT WAS GOING DOWN!!!"
"WHAT?! DOWN YOU SAY?!?!"

Scribbl'd!
Inevidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #57
Nefastus
Lucky Enough

Send a message via AIM to Nefastus Send a message via Yahoo to Nefastus

What you thought the future would be like as a kid.

I was talking to my dad recently he grew up during the first real big boom of environmentalism. He thought we would have done away with petrol powered cars, nuclear power plants, and have more efficiently built cities that had effective public transit. That or a nuclear apocalypse

When I was younger, I thought there would be clones, awesome robots, more space exploration, less war, and more efficient public transit.

So depict of scene from this future world. Manage to include some of the major things you thought would have occurred by now.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #58
Iron Ogre
Karbonite

Default Try this...

Vote on a movie first, then make a 10-panel sequensial to try and see who can best make a sequel/side-story to follow up the original. Points awarded for originality, plot flow, realism (as much as is in keeping with the level of the movie), back-ground-art, color (or if not colored, the intricacy of pencil/ink-work.)
This could be made to be serious or whimsical, the artist decides. The main point, is that it has to be beleivable, (in relation to the original movie) and it has to bee entertaining; the more depth, and nuanse, and comedy, the better.

whatcha' think?

&quot;Many begginers draw without carefully looking at their subject; instead of drawing what they actually see, they draw what they think they see.&quot;- William F. Powell -
Iron Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #59
jackson86

If you start to award some different but appreciable gift for the winners then there will much people interact towards this competition.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:18 AM   #60
srilyk

Send a message via ICQ to srilyk Send a message via AIM to srilyk Send a message via MSN to srilyk Send a message via Yahoo to srilyk

Are there limits on file size as in earlier contests?

Sketch Exchanges:
Now with more <InnerShadow>
Over 9000! - with <ssjmvegita>

You want eyes? Get them here!
srilyk is offline   Reply With Quote