Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #41
Nmn
yo sup?

ty ^^
Old 03-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #42
Nmn
yo sup?

Ah wasn' gon' to post these 'til am finished with the 3rd pic, but since am working on it and is in slightly different taste, am postin' these here now.

Now here's sumthin' different. I had no ideas for a painting and wantd to try sumthin' different. Couple nights back I had a dream about this girl that I've never seen before, so I tried paintin' sumthin' in that taste. Followin' Knockwurst's tut on paintin Ahri Ima thinkin' "nah, ah don' wanna pain a LoL character, they're alluva the place, so Ima paintin this chick I had a dream 'bout". Like a good apprentice ah made sketches.

Once decided on a pose and color comp I painted this with a twist. Seems nice.

Watcha thinkin'?
Old 03-11-2016, 04:17 AM   #43
Nmn
yo sup?

Yo folk, anyone up for some orcs?

Here's Buutz. He trains everyday to be a good shaman. He's hard working and motivated. Be like Buutz.

General Demeatree is a not-self-proclaimed badass of the Legion.

Gettin' back home from a battlefield, Hanaka's cooking'll sooth your orc belly =)

'N-Joy.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:33 AM   #44
djizomdjinn
night painter

The lighting on that shaman piece is amazing. Keep up the good work!
djizomdjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:44 AM   #45
Ninja-J
Karbonite

Very nice ogre paintings! :-)
Old 03-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #46
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via ICQ to Lamb

Your stuff is getting so good! Especially the light and volume. Dayum!

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:40 AM   #47
Nmn
yo sup?

Thanks everyone <3 ^^ Now that crap rice I boiled tastes good. xD
Old 03-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #48
Nmn
yo sup?

Hello thar!

So I thought I should paint some characters again that are known to the public. Now I don't play Starcraft and am not a fan of Blizzard's works, but what the hell...

So like a good acolyte I started with some sketches, like Guru Lafferty recommended.

And came up with something like this. Dang, I wanted to make this more of an overhead shot, bird's eye perspective, but it's not bad /me thinks. Dog gamn it took me forever to make that pose, I had tons of problems making her torso not too fat and appear bent forward.

What /you thinks?
Old 03-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #49
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 

Wow, this looks dope! Guess, life did not find a way after all.

I tried to address a few issues with the pose. Something about the perspective bugs me as well as I did not entirely figure out her legs and feet, so you may look into that as well.

The main problem is that you were determined to show both her boobs, which visually pushes her torso to the right, but you also needed the bit for the back and thus the whole figure got widened. The original also seems a bit awkward due to the rotation of her right arm, body and head. The sketch in the top left shows how the torso would be bent to make that pose work (but it is still uncomfortable). Or alternatively, she could be bent forward much more.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:57 PM   #50
Nmn
yo sup?

Fair points there. Looks like I have to go back there and fix these things xD I'm pretty stunned how could I have omit this stuff. Guess I got tired of doing it all the time and just tought "hmm... ok, next" without critically analysing it.

See this is why I need to learn more and need your critiques. They are of great value to me.

Last edited by Nmn : 03-14-2016 at 12:44 AM.
Nmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #51
Nmn
yo sup?

Lamb, I have applied the changes you mentioned, what you say?

I was pumped up to repaint Nova from scratch, but it seems I may get away with just some modifications. I had to repaint the face due to the change of the head's tilt, oh well the old one is always face practice...

Old 03-15-2016, 10:30 PM   #52
Grieverjoe
Ever Skyward

Awards Showcase
Boss Battle - 3rd place:  - Issue reason: Popped a few potions and went on a rampage 
Total Awards: 1

I believe it reads a lot better this way.
Good on you, mate.
Grieverjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:55 PM   #53
Nmn
yo sup?

^^ ty
Old 03-16-2016, 03:10 PM   #54
Nmn
yo sup?

Yos and Yolos.
'nother pictre doney
I'm quite happy with how the technique, coloring and overall cartoonish feeling came out. These are all characters from some of my other projects (comics and shit), except for Jayde who's a new character I came up for this drawing.

So watcha thinkin'?
Old 03-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #55
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

Now put all these into a single story. It will be epic. I really like the variety in your characters, but still keeping the unity of style.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:54 AM   #56
Nmn
yo sup?

A football player, super girl, genius girl, resistance fighter girl and vengeful half mutant in a single story? ... oh my goodness, that would be krazy. xD

Yes, unity of style is something I always lacked in so your compliment means the whole world to me xD I'll be messing 'round with this technique (I called "Colored Lines") now I'm getting a better hang of it.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:15 AM   #57
Lamb
christmas squid

Awards Showcase

how can you be half a mutant, tho?

Old 03-17-2016, 02:47 AM   #58
Nmn
yo sup?

Jack got shot by his brother and was rescued by renegade scientist that treated him with some mutagen. Now when he's angry he gets adrenaline and strength (hey dr Banner, sounds familiar don't it?) and green patches overcome him, but when he's at peace he's more human and green patches go away. So he fights his way to his brother through the latter's corporation, but old friends who also fight bring out the good in Jack so he hates them because they make him weaker.

So he's like undergoing mutation that wears off tho. I 'spose you can call him just a mutant...

I know it's dum and unoriginal as hell, my mate and I designed that character - he wrote him, I drew him.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #59
Nmn
yo sup?

New stuff here!

I feel I should confess sumthin', I'm watchin' a Deviant 'folio of one 'foo, and gettin' ideas for pictures, but ideas only! If he makes a loose sketch of a Tauren, I'm thinkin' that I'll do one too, only Ima doin a paintin with color and stuff, a loose sketch isn't worth time and Ima buildin my 'folio now.
But then I think "I don't want to paint another dumb Tauren! There's so much WoW fanart around it's BORING". So how would I go around making it interesting? And an idea popped in my void between the ears.

Some problems had to be solved - how the heck do you draw a Tauren? I mean I've never drawn bulls (horses very rarely) for heaven's sake, so references were mandatory, studies were recommended by self.

Ok, so I got the general idea and stuff and now we get to paintin the thing, and that's how sweet luv was born ^^

Don't like the colors because I'm a dumbass and didn't do color-compositions.

By the end I was so sick of the painting I kinda rushed it. I think Ima experiencin' Burn-Out, so I should switch stuff around and do sum' else in the mean time.

As always interested in yer thoughts 'bout this.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #60
Nmn
yo sup?

Now for some new stuff. Paintsy stuff is put away for now, and gettin' back to inking and comic coloring. My aim is to come up with a nice style that is faster than the speed I can work at right now. Speed is crucial, speed is power xD

I colored the bunch of dudes I inked back over the inking thread there. Not really glad with how they turned out but oh well... Portfolio ++

I took one of my older sketches (the wrong right hand of the elf chick annoys the madsies out of me) and inked it. Check it.

I also have a new job now that I spend like 240 hours monthly in. On the plus side, I can sketch there most of the time, which is awesome. And I can eat, drink coffee and take cig brakes all I want. Neat!

Tell me what ya all thinkin' brethren and sistas!