Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > ACTIVITIES > Contests > Past Contests > 2008 Movie Poster Contest
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: A WINNER IS YOU?
Krasterk 23 60.53%
hanzozuken 0 0%
mandelak 2 5.26%
Meatloaf 7 18.42%
darkstalker1(2) 0 0%
Phusion 3 7.89%
falmith 3 7.89%
darkstalker1(1) 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 1st Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Time Lapse Contest '09 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 
Total Awards: 13

Send a message via AIM to darkreaver Send a message via MSN to darkreaver
Default movie poster vote

Vote for one submission only, links are in the poll. Voting will last a week.

COMMENCE!

*edit*
There was an apparent tie for third place, so I asked an unbiased mod (i.e. not me) to tiebreak.

The Winners:
Third Place: falmith
Second Place: Meatloaf
First Place: Krasterk

Thanks to everyone who participated, and congrats to the winners.

Last edited by darkreaver : 04-15-2008 at 10:27 PM.
darkreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
karga
Karbonite

Send a message via Skype™ to karga

There are really cool works.
When it comes to style i liked Krasterk's work so much. The colors have been used very nice and it fits with the real BladeRunner movie... I am sure he will hit lots of votes. But actually in my opinion anyone can draw, it's up how much time you spend on it. I read that the creativity and humour will have effect on the votes. And thats why my vote goes to Phusion. i laughed so much when i read that comment -it's not easy being green by Kermit the Frog. he made me laugh and i hit him with my vote.
(sorry if i spelled anything wrong because of my imba English)

karga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Birdy Num Nums
Karbonite

Blade Runner.
Birdy Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
mandelak
Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to mandelak

Kras has my vote for sure

my top 3 are kras, meat and falmith. those three rock

Last edited by mandelak : 04-10-2008 at 03:48 AM.
mandelak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
muzz
karbogasm

Meatloaf ftw .

Other than the somewhat stiff poses i think it is the strongest entry.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
aido179
Karbonite

krasterk, captures the mood well. good luck all
Old 04-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
gold_tangerine
Direct Order to Rock Out

I voted Meatloaf because Krasterk had lots of votes already. I liked V for Vendetta but I honestly thought that poster was all dark, shows that I need to swab my laptop screen or something. Of course I didn't really want to vote because I have been hating movies with a passion for the past few years .
gold_tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Manamaraya
A candy van!!?

Awards Showcase
2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Sprite Contest '10 
Total Awards: 1

Krasterk had the best composition as far as movie poster goes. It catches you eye, it captures the essence and feel of the movie and its setting very well, and it leaves you wanting to know more about whats going on. It looks almost--dare I say--professionally done 8D if they ever did an animated rendition of the film, my bet would be they'd come up with a poster design very similar to what Krasterk produced for this contest!
I'm super impressed!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
Meatloaf
Brett

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 1 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via MSN to Meatloaf

Well, I don't vote for anybody if I'm in the contest. Voting for myself would be lame, and voting for other people would be hurting myself >.>

But if I had to vote, it would be Krasterk's. Very well done in all aspects. Although the glow could have been done better, and you could have done some neat effects with the haze from the rain.

Falmith would have been second.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #10
Krasterk
...Long Live The Code

Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Movie Poster Contest '08 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Video Game Sequential Contest '07 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Halloween Contest '06 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Song Illustration Contest '07 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via MSN to Krasterk

Meatloaf got my vote, nice color theme, composition, i like that dynamic blur effect a lot to. And just those eyes in the background give the whole thing that unknown threat feeling that's basically the concept of the movie. I liked falmith's idea to, i need to see that movie again though, i don't remember what all that is, but it's all mysterious enough for me to want to know.

Krasterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
waffl3
Karbonite

I voted Krasterk. Falmith was my second favorite.
waffl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #12
hezzart
Blue Katamari

Send a message via MSN to hezzart

Yuup, Krasterk wins my vote.
hezzart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #13
mandelak
Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to mandelak

yeah i like those winners they all done a good job. good job to everyone that entered also
mandelak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:04 AM   #14
meerkat
ffff.. phusion

Send a message via MSN to meerkat

Now that the contest is over, Ill try my best to give crits to everyone. Since there were very few entries it makes things easy. ^^;

Krasterk: Its the most polished entry. You already have a nice style of your own, but I think this is the first time I saw an enviroment drawing from you and I think you nailed that down very nicley. ^^

I like the color choices alot, but some parts look a bit muddy. Especially the umbrella's. But thats just an extreme nitpick. ^^; One other small the the figure in the middle seems to have been placed a bit randomly, his height and position doesnt exactly with the sorroundings or other characters. Again Im just nitpcking. ^^ Overall it looks extremley nice. And congrats for first place. : )

hanzozuken: I always enjoy your work alot. This entry is much weaker than your other work. : ( Usually you have a very neat marvel-ish approach to your work. ıts always nice to try new things and you did say that you had rushed it. Not much I can crit on because the poster is a close shot.

mandelak: Before making a poster for frankenstein I actually had Vendetta in my mind. Heheh. ^^; I think you have areaaly nice concept there, but like said before. It's waay to dark. And I think If you added text in the bottom. (film name, director etc...) It would have made it look alot more polished. But I did really like the simple approach. : )

Meatloaf: I overall really liked the angle of the artwork, how it looks a bit tilted. The biggest downside of the poster is that the figures look extremley stiff. I cant tell what they are exactly doing, are they in panick running from the thing behind them ? Or are they angry and charging towards the viewer. : P Its a bit weak on the emotion side I guess. But I really did like it. Congrats on second place. ^^

darkstalker1: It is obvious that you spent alot of time on your entries. But I personally think that they dont have a movie poster feel to them at all. It would have been better to do some research beforehand. The 30 days of night poster looks more like a music band poster. (I dont mean to be harsh or anything) Good try though. : )

Phusion: I hate you.

falmith: This was my personal favourite. I guess I really liked the colors. Even the font you used in the drawing was a perfect match, goes to show how small details could make differences. Maybe, just maybe you could have lowered the book a little more, so you could see that the reader was actually looking at the real thing. The tree's in the bg could have been a bit more polished. But thats jsut a nitpick. And congrats for third place. ^^

To be honest I didn't vote for anyone, If I did it would be falmith. At first when I saw the entires I predcted that Krasterk would get first place and that falmith and meatloaf would be neck and neck for second place. Since there were few entries the votes mainly went to Krasterk.

Anyhoo, good job to everyone who entered. ^^
meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #15
Nefastus
Lucky Enough

Send a message via AIM to Nefastus Send a message via Yahoo to Nefastus

one of these days I will honestly enter one of these competitions like I said I would.

Very interesting work from everyone.