Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > ACTIVITIES > Contests > Past Contests > 2009 Time Lapse Contest
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: choose now, clock's ticking!
Izanaki_Reload 0 0%
ssjmvegita 0 0%
r@nd0m-lamb 3 8.82%
Fiona 9 26.47%
gold_tangerine 0 0%
Billov 1 2.94%
Miss Wiggle 10 29.41%
Avian 0 0%
falmith 0 0%
darkreaver 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #21
Fiona
Taken By Trees
 
Fiona's Avatar
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: When Hell Freezes Over Contest '11 3rd Place:  - Issue reason: Time Lapse Contest '09 
Total Awards: 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreaver
vote counts were close for the top three...congrats to the winners, and thanks to everyone for participating!
Sweet! Thanks for doing this! The topic chosen was really good, please choose another topic and hold another contest soon!
Fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #22
Jeanox
Hapless Ninny
 
Jeanox's Avatar
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Epic Summer Contest '06 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Team Battle '06 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Valentines Contest '06 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Time Lapse Contest '09 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: New Year '07 
Total Awards: 6
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,294
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeanox
Default

I am the silver queen. Silver looks less gaudy than gold anyway.
__________________

if you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original.

Tumblr
Youtube
ArtStation
Twitter
Jeanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #23
Izanaki_Reload
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Geez, darkreaver. Nine trophy badges? So many shinies. :O

Congrats to the top three.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #24
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO
 
darkreaver's Avatar
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Victorian Sci-Fi Contest '08 1st Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Christmas Contest '05 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 2 
Total Awards: 13
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,941
Send a message via AIM to darkreaver Send a message via MSN to darkreaver
Default

Quote:
Silver looks less gaudy than gold anyway.
haha, if you say so ;D

Quote:
So many shinies. :O
ah, the trophies don't bring me happiness. Like Jacob Marley, they are the chains that drag me down, a constant reminder that not enough people enter contests ;_;
...
...
well, maybe a little happiness =D
__________________
darkreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #25
Lamb
christmas squid
 
Lamb's Avatar
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 
Total Awards: 4
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: in the <3 of Europe
Posts: 2,226
Send a message via ICQ to Lamb
Default

one big hooray for the fourth place?

Congratulations to the top three I imagined it the way it ended. (which means you were my top three)
__________________

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #26
Abe
0x6c 0x6f 0x6c
 
Abe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Home
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r@nd0m-lamb
one big hooray for the fourth place?
hooray!!

Nice entries everyone
Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #27
gold_tangerine
Direct Order to Rock Out
 
gold_tangerine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billov
I liked Gold Tangerine's and of course Darkreavers cause I always appreciate something with a bit of humour in it.
gold_tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #28
Ezekeil
...is like Diet Pepsi.
 
Ezekeil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 253
Send a message via AIM to Ezekeil
Default

dammit! i just learned about this contest now!! I woulda entered...I wanna win a trophy thingy... oh well, all the stuff looked great guys!!

- Zek
__________________
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
http://Ezekeil.deviantart.com <----Art's
http://www.TheoryofNoise.com <----Music's
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Omocky_HQ/ <----Comic!!
Ezekeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #29
darkreaver
LOL Y U MAD THO
 
darkreaver's Avatar
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Pimp This Sketch Contest '10 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Victorian Sci-Fi Contest '08 1st Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Christmas Contest '05 1st Place:  - Issue reason: Horror Fest '08 Phase 2 
Total Awards: 13
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,941
Send a message via AIM to darkreaver Send a message via MSN to darkreaver
Default

Quote:
dammit! i just learned about this contest now!!
=( Anything that could have been done to make the contest more visible?

we had an announcement thread up at the top of all the forums, changed the "art community" banner to advertise the contest, and added this forum. We've tried sending out announcement emails to all the members at one point in time, but I think there were some problems with that.
__________________
darkreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #30
Lamb
christmas squid
 
Lamb's Avatar
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 
Total Awards: 4
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: in the <3 of Europe
Posts: 2,226
Send a message via ICQ to Lamb
Default

I think it would help to put the contests forum on top of the page while a contest is running. It is a little out of reach as it is now.
Another idea is to put a huge picture/announcement below (or above) the google ads.
__________________

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #31
Jonnu Broth
Simpleton
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31
Send a message via AIM to Jonnu Broth
Default Rather late than never...

I would have totally voted for Random Lamb . Sorry I was a little late...
__________________
follow me on twitter: jonnubroth
Jonnu Broth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #32
meerkat
ffff.. phusion
 
meerkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,117
Send a message via MSN to meerkat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreaver
=( Anything that could have been done to make the contest more visible?

we had an announcement thread up at the top of all the forums, changed the "art community" banner to advertise the contest, and added this forum. We've tried sending out announcement emails to all the members at one point in time, but I think there were some problems with that.
Afew belly dancers on the front page would have done the trick.
meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 AM   #33
Steasaurus
rawr
 
Steasaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Post-historic England
Posts: 6,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreaver
=( Anything that could have been done to make the contest more visible?
'Lurk moar!' should be in the rules.

I hate my life right now lol I wish I had more free time :( I didn't even have time to come vote.
__________________
sketchexchange Prof and jeco
Steasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #34
Lamb
christmas squid
 
Lamb's Avatar
Awards Showcase
1st Place:  - Issue reason: Hunters Contest '12 Boss Battle Contest - 2nd place:  - Issue reason: Had that cute crit glyph 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: Over Dramatic Contest '10 2nd Place:  - Issue reason: LEGO Illustration Contest '11 
Total Awards: 4
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: in the <3 of Europe
Posts: 2,226
Send a message via ICQ to Lamb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5te
I didn't even have time to come vote.
Yes voting isn't that easy. Took me two days of consideration to decide to whom I'd give my vote. It's a responsibility after all.
__________________

http://chronoray.tumblr.com/
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.