Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > COMMUNITY > Member's Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #81
MQ Nania
Detrimental to society

Send a message via AIM to MQ Nania Send a message via MSN to MQ Nania Send a message via Skype™ to MQ Nania

I'm bbbaaaaaccccckkkk! 8D

GET TO ZE HYBRID CHOPPAH!!! AAGGGHHHH!!!
MQ Nania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #82
Steasaurus
rawr

Cians building an army O.O
MQ is scaring me with the crazy avatar O.O
This thread is supposed to be for laughing at... ahem I mean welcoming teh new folk. It is not made for scaring 5te :(
Old 01-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #83
MQ Nania
Detrimental to society

Send a message via AIM to MQ Nania Send a message via MSN to MQ Nania Send a message via Skype™ to MQ Nania

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5te
Cians building an army O.O
MQ is scaring me with the crazy avatar O.O
This thread is supposed to be for laughing at... ahem I mean welcoming teh new folk. It is not made for scaring 5te :(
*pops out from beneath a rug* BOO!!! 8D

GET TO ZE HYBRID CHOPPAH!!! AAGGGHHHH!!!
MQ Nania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:24 AM   #84
Ndoki
Karbonite

Hello, my name is Ndoki and I'm new here. I guess it goes without saying but I'm an avid artist, although I wouldn't consider myself of the decent sort, but I do like to doodle a lot and I'm always looking to pick up new tecniques. Hopefully some of my many questions can be answered here, and I definately have a lot to ask. I wear a top hat, and I don't know much else to say other than thank you for having me.
Ndoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:30 AM   #85
Roathan
Karbonite

Hello. I'm not really new. Ive been looking at this website ever since 2005, but I have decided to join on account of the fact that I got a printer for christmas. I'm not really that good of an "artist" yet, on the other hand, I am very hard on myself about my work.

I think I am a fairly nice person, but don't be suprised if I am very judgemental (compared to you hippies XD).
Roathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #86
Iv.Doll
(> u <)

Location: i don't wanna say just in case any of you are criminals...
Send a message via AIM to Iv.Doll Send a message via MSN to Iv.Doll

hi.... i'm not very new here... but i joined recently and i think right now i'm addicted to this place... i like it better here than other places because its small and people actually know you're there... ANYWAY!!

i'm currently in my mid teens... and i want and hope beyond all hope to graduate from high school with a 4.0 GPA.
i want to go into fashion design when i grow up
i enjoy hunting for street fashion and staring at people's clothes...
i love visual kei-- it gives me lots of inspiration
my favorite singer is Gackt
i have wonderful friends who bought me a scanner/copy machine/printer/photo printer, so i'd like to thank them for everything...
mail me if you want to ask me something... although i don't see what you'd ask, i'm pretty new here.

i welcome all new members and i'd like to pay my respect to all old members who have a gazillion posts already (hope to be one of you someday)... hi!
Iv.Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #87
Gaara
騎士

Send a message via AIM to Gaara

turn on, tune in and drop out
Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #88
FriedDeer
Karbonite

Default Hello there!

Erm, Hi (This is like standing in front of the class to introduce yourself)

Well, I've been drawing a lot during the last 7 or so years. At first I mainly drew animals, unicorns and dragons. The last one I still do.
But alas, I got bothered about the fact that I couldn't draw humans (stick figures don't count), and around the same time I discovered Anime/Manga.
Jep, the absolutely worst place to start out, when you try to draw people-_-'

So anime/manga is my main style of drawing, but I've taken an art class during high school so I can draw fruit and those boring things, make a color wheel, and I know a bit about komposition.

At the moment I take Japanese classes which should end up in some business thingy. So at the moment I'm actually not going in a creative direction, but I'm tempted...VERY tempted...

Interests: All kinds of cartoons, drawing, painting, reading (especially fantasy and sci-fi), cosplay, scaring people, wasting my time on the internet, etc. ^_^

I joined PK because it seems like you can actually get some decent critic here.

Looking forward to give/receive critic!
FriedDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:58 PM   #89
Psychedelic_Ni
Karbonite

Hey! Fried Deer! your new? i'm new too! (I'm vegetarian <_<)

Hey! I'm new!
anyway, I slowly realised that polykarbon had an art forum, for aspiring artists....

I am said aspiring artist, I'd like to be an animator when I get out of high school (one more year!)... i make music (psychedelic trance, with didjeridoo), i program a little, and i make games as well...

I am canadian ^^

My fav genres of anything is cyberpunk, except... of course, music ^^ in that case, the favourite music is psychedelic trance (favourite bands are Koxbox, and spacetribe)....

anyway... I look forward to posting my art ^^ (including, my animation self-study)

oh... ps:
my other forums are:
psynews (i'm seawasp)
tranceaddict (canadian didjer)
the game maker community (unionjack)
takotech.net (psychedelic_ni)
trance-goa.com ("")
Game maker off topic (unionjack, i think ^^)
mangatutorials.com (same as here)
animationforum (same as here)
and DeviantArt (but who doesn't? my name there is psychedelic-ni)
I'm on alex gray's forum, haven't posted there much, though

do you know me?? ^^

thanks for reading this post! let me go collect my thoughts now
Psychedelic_Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:18 AM   #90
vamerz
Karbonite

Send a message via Yahoo to vamerz
Default Teaching options...

Thanks for posting a pic of long-ago friend Eric B. Haven't seen him in well over a decade. Frankie will get a kick out of how he's grown!

Anyways, I'm a teacher and thinking about expanding into graphics to expand the art program. Any suggestions for an lowkey, introductory (and inexpensive) springboard?
vamerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:03 AM   #91
Steasaurus
rawr

Welcome all newbies!

vamerz: I have no idea what you're talking about :/
Old 02-07-2007, 07:17 AM   #92
Moxie
Temporary mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamerz
Thanks for posting a pic of long-ago friend Eric B. Haven't seen him in well over a decade. Frankie will get a kick out of how he's grown!

Anyways, I'm a teacher and thinking about expanding into graphics to expand the art program. Any suggestions for an lowkey, introductory (and inexpensive) springboard?
I think he wants to expand his schools art program...

Maybe you could take some community college classes?
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #93
noah of the howards
Sand Garden Zen Mastah

Send a message via AIM to noah of the howards Send a message via MSN to noah of the howards Send a message via Yahoo to noah of the howards Send a message via Skype™ to noah of the howards

Ahh! More Virginians.... they're all finding my secret hideout.

There is nothing more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to handle, than to initiate a new order of things. For the reformer has enemies in all those who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm defenders in all those who would profit by the new...
Niccolo Macchiavelli, The Prince

Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.
noah of the howards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #94
vamerz
Karbonite

I'm sorry that I was so vague, I was in a rush. I want to actually teach some very, very basic animation to some younger students. For arguments sake, say I'm artistically stunted and moderately proficient on computers (mostly limited to email and spreadsheets), what is the easiest way to learn (and eventually teach) computer animation without spending a year's salary? I would like to integrate art and computer interaction. I'm glad for any advice you can offer.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:20 AM   #95
Steasaurus
rawr

Hmm well for a start. You need to get proficient at drawing (though some people do quite well with stickmen) but to start off animating 2D I'd get hold of flash and learn how to use key frames and tweens and possibly get hold of a decent drawing program that supports layers such as photoshop depending on if you want to animate sort of traditionally. For 3D I think max is the standard but blender is a good free package, I'm not proficient persay in 3D so I feel it would be wrong for me to go into detail.
Welcome to the boards I hope everyone here can help you get to where you want to be in some way or another
Old 02-09-2007, 05:12 AM   #96
vamerz
Karbonite

That's exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #97
Light_Bringer
Karbonite

Location: I live in a house... I'm not gonna tell you where...

Hi, I'm Steven Bing(Yes, Bing, I've heard it all. seriously.). Anyway, I'm from sunny South Africa, and I go to school on an elephant, have a lion for a pet and have to run 50Km to school everyday... If you believed me, then I laugh at you. Ha ha.

I started drawing at the beginning of last year, I was so amazingly terrible, now I'm just moderatly bad. I draw in a mainly realistic fashion, but would really like to draw manga, so wish me luck. I'll post some of my stuff when I'm less lazy :P

Well, that's about it... Hello.
Light_Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #98
Morwen

*enters and sticks on little 'Hullo my name is...' tag*

My millions of majestic monkey minions: it is the morality of the manifestations of myriad murders to which this marauding matter does make a turn. The only maven is Morwen, one may surmise, and though you may maunder, it is a mighty fine thing. So merrily doth my mouth meticulously mutter, 'Good Morning' and you may call me M.

All right then, I will stop parodying V for Vendetta. Nice to meet y'all, and I hope to post some work soon. Cheers!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #99
Charlie
Myte Luze

Send a message via AIM to Charlie Send a message via Yahoo to Charlie

OOOOOOooooooohhhhhhhhhh.

I'm Charlie. People love to hate me because I give them good reason to. I sometimes post inappropriate things for which I feel I should probably be banned, but I'm still here (2 years and counting). I don't have 3,000 posts because I'm conceited, and usually only post on my own threads. I am right almost all of the time. I am an elitist to no end, which is ultimately my downfall (that's a bad thing *downfall* *shudder*). I like lolicon. I like Shirow more than lolicon. I'm a maintenance technician in the JCK Federal Headquarters and United States Post Office of the South Loop in downtown Chicago. I'm almost 21 years old. I'm not very artsy but I <3 my fellow Karbonites, and they give me exactly the sort of heart panging criticism that even makes me hate myself. I like DJ Pi and Tiesto; Adagio For Strings concert videos make me cry; day dreaming about the Mad Max days and bloody revolutions of days to come. I read Russian literature, Japanese linguistics books, and DOUGLAS ADAMS. Flunking out of college is for chumps. I flunked out but I'm going back... eventually. The appeal process is taking longer than I had anticipated. They put you on the bottom of the stack if you're too smart.

Aisuru keeps taunting me with this promise of the possibility of getting hit by a bus tomorrow, but that's been going on for months, and still no bus. What's the deal?

"What's right and wrong is a question it has not been given to men to decide. Men are for ever in error, and always will be in error, and in nothing more than in what they regard as right and wrong." -- Andrey Bolkonsky (War & Peace - Leo Tolstoy)

Last edited by Charlie : 02-11-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:55 AM   #100
FFgirl
Secret Squirrel

Send a message via MSN to FFgirl

I'm on the map! I'm on the map! YAY for the west coast, USA hehe I've lived all up and down it but my current local is up there now.

dA page
FFgirl is offline   Reply With Quote