Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Sketchbooks
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #301
Goof
find the fish

muzzoid : thanks for the link !! I just had a youtube link so deviant'll allow me to see a bit more of the stuff

fshoo : thanks ! the sunglasses guy was copied from reference so it's only partly done by me... as for hanzo's work to be used as reference, I think it is a good way to learn because of the fact that all the muscles are exagerated, it allows me to locate the shapes and all, but for my personal style, I agree that I'd rather be copying pics of normal people, I m not aiming at a 'marvel' drawing style ^^.

A ginger freak : thanks dude, ok I ll bring it but the lines might not give the same effect since I did some level ajustments on PS...

St.Clouds : thank you!! I ve been looking a bit more at how things work in life for the last couple posts so I m glad it begins to show in my draws ^^'. as for studies, I agree they sometimes seem a bit tedious but they're absolutely necessary to progress. there's alot to understand from copying, you just can't learn without reading your lessons... but yes, one must not restrain himself to copying stuff otherwise it does really become boring to draw ...

thanks to you all for the feedback , and dont hesitate to be mean on the comments, I need my mistakes to be pointed out!!

these were copied :

not copied

Old 06-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #302
Broody
Unwitting bystander

Wow Goof, 444 pictures in 300 posts, that leaves me speechless. Your productivity is very motivating I always loved your style and the new stuff you're bringing to the table rocks hard. Keep on doing it!

Spoiler:
A realm ripe with bald men on power trips and hulking brutes kicking the snot out of everything: I introduce you to my Sketchbook!
Broody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #303
FlyingChild
Pre-used plaster

Wow great job, you're very awesome, I love both your traditionnal art style and digital art style!
Old 05-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #304
Goof
find the fish

FlyingChild : Hey thanks ! I m really glad you posted on this long forgotten thread, it accually got a mail to go in my mailbox and it nudged me into going back to the forum , hadn't been here in a while because of the work I have to do and as I have stuff to post, I m going to feed the forum a tiny bit again!

ok, first pics that are a little old, done soon after I stopped posting ...

some modeling (found a good tutorial)

paintings

all comments and crits are very much apreciated !

I ll update regularly...

Last edited by Goof : 05-18-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Goof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #305
FlyingChild
Pre-used plaster

Hey hey!! Glad to hear that you're back, cousin d'France! I already had seen the last 4 pictures on your sketchblog, and I gotta say they're all awesome, you're really good at coloring at the computer!

And about the other pictures: as awesome as the rest... The first sketches are really nice but the very first guy on the first image (on the top left) seems to have a flat face, though his body looks great to me. The 3 others look pretty good too.

Well it looks like this tutorial was pretty good! I could never do such a 3D model, it looks to me like you've been working on it for long!

Anyways, keep it up, 'cause you're awesome!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #306
Goof
find the fish

thanks for the support ! these are getting a little old so I won t be fixing them... paintings are fairly new and the 3D thing took so much time to do that I won t be able to do more for a long time . Modeling isn't accualy the hardest part I think, for beginner's stuff at least. I've had a lot more problems with texturing, mapping and rendering :S (well it just wasn t on the tutorial so I just didn't manage on maya ^^).

anyways, new stuff :

I m not aiming at very clean finished art for the couple next to come, might speedpaint some if I have the time.

I ll be posting one pic a day for as long as possible! just to get regular feed and to force me to draw at least every two days
Old 05-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #307
FlyingChild
Pre-used plaster

Ha! His/her/its face is pretty nice, but I find that his/her/its right arm looks a bit weird, as if it was sticked at his/her/its body. Maybe some shadows could fix that.

Otherwise, the rest of the character seems pretty good!

Donc au revoir, pis fais d'autres dessins! T'es vraiment bon, keep it up!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #308
Goof
find the fish

yea it s the writing on his shoulder that fattens the whole thing... I have a shaded version of that pic but I can t scan it, it ll be up later on.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #309
FlyingChild
Pre-used plaster

I feel like I'm the only one commenting here... O_O

But anyways... I'd like to know if this guy is ref'd or not. However, I think the face needs a bit more work! There is about no shadows, no details. But maybe it's your style.

And just a little thing... That's a personnal opinion, but maybe it'd be better with a background, nothing too detailed, to keep the focus on the character, but it'd be cool, I think.

The rest (clothing, mainly) is really good. I keep wondering how you are shading. So keep it up, parce que t'es vraiment bon!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 AM   #310
srilyk

Send a message via ICQ to srilyk Send a message via AIM to srilyk Send a message via MSN to srilyk Send a message via Yahoo to srilyk

I, for two, am glad you started posting again! You've got some pretty pleasing art going on here

Let's see if I can come up with something to give a proper crit about.

Ahah! Of course I think you mentioned that you're not planning to go back and fix, but for the next time, the figure with one eye showing... unless the hair is massively thick (which you haven't shown it as), you'll still be able to see some eye, even if it's not the whole thing. It would make the face feel a tad more realistic.

Anyway... post more, s'il vous plait. (Of course, I haven't written any/much Franšais since Junior High, so I'm sure it's more than rusty )

Sketch Exchanges:
Now with more <InnerShadow>
Over 9000! - with <ssjmvegita>

You want eyes? Get them here!
srilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:20 AM   #311
fshoo`
For sure.

Send a message via MSN to fshoo`

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingChild
I feel like I'm the only one commenting here... O_O
Can you truly state that with a 26 post count?

Anyway, glad to have you back Goof. I like the referenced ones, they show that you can draw the poses quite accurate. I do feel like your lines and shading are a bit rushed, a little more attention to them will certainly do your pieces good.

Your digital painting-skills have improved drastically btw, really nice job.

fshoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #312
Goof
find the fish

thanks everyone for the feedback!

I ve accualy been sketching poses with friends (we sit for 5 minutes each while the others do a quick doodle) and I've done some of them over so they look a bit better. But they re just sketchs I didn t take the time to finish them up on paper or photoshop, I don't know if it would be worth the effort ( damn I m lasy ). but it truely was a great training, I d really like to do it again it s just a time problem really.

For the old sketch, yes I hadn't taken it into account there should be half an eye at least poping out, but you know, it s just so old ^^'...

and for the painting, thanks ! I'm really happy the way it turned out because I wasn t aware of being able to do that.Problem is that it takes a lot of time to do one of those and I just don't have enough to spent on it :(.

ok here's forthe new pics

Old 05-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #313
FlyingChild
Pre-used plaster

Hehe! Yet other nice works here, even though they're only sketches. As nice as usual... I only think you might work on hands? Which I have to work on too! And the faces too, maybe. There is shading everywhere on the character except on his face. That's a tip, but they still look awesome, but a bit not detailed!

Enfin, ce que tu fais est vraiment, vraiment bon, continue fort! C'est bien, t'es un des seuls ici qui met Ó jour presque quotidiennement! Oh does anyone matter some French comments?

By the way, fshoo', I was basing myself on the last six months! :P But you're right: on the whole sketchbook, I only posted a minority of all the posts!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #314
Goof
find the fish

thanks ! yep I know for the shading I should do it more but I was also going for facial simplification ... I ll have to train a bit on it though, I think I d need to do more finished work to go all the way on my drawings .

thanks for feeding the thread! ca fait du bien de voir que je suis pas seul dans mon sketchbook .

moremoremore :

(sorry for the poor quality, the scanner took alot of gray away...)

reffed
Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #315
fshoo`
For sure.

Send a message via MSN to fshoo`

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingChild
By the way, fshoo', I was basing myself on the last six months! :P But you're right: on the whole sketchbook, I only posted a minority of all the posts!
Well if you feel like you've been the only one active with 28 posts in the last six months, then these boards are even more silent than ever! I bet you knew I didn't mean in this sketchbook, so I don't know why you're referring to that actually. Anyway, I didn't mean to attack you or anything (although now it does sound that way, sorry), I just feel like you can't say that you're the only one active with that postcount and because you happen to be active recently.

EDIT:

Ah, so you DID mean in this SB! Sorry, misunderstood. Yes, there haven't been made enough posts in here when Goof updates :c

/EDIT

Anyway, to still try to add something useful in this thread:

Goof, I like the idea of sketching each other in shifts for 5 minutes, I need to find someone who's willing to do that with me :c
I do think that when you try to start drawing after reference with more realistic features in for example the face, it will add to your regular drawings. Just a thought though ;D

Last edited by fshoo` : 05-23-2009 at 01:38 AM.
fshoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #316
Goof
find the fish

yea well it helps alot to see how a body holds into place and how it has to change to adapt itself with a position, I ll have to do many more before I m confortable with drawing them without ref (dreaming s sooo nice !)

seiseisei ! thanks for the comments fshoo and FlyingChild !!

Old 05-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #317
Goof
find the fish

sorry for the quality...
Old 05-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #318
FlyingChild
Pre-used plaster

I LOVE THAT ANGRY-LOOKING GRANNY! I feel like when you're sketching from life (or what it appears to be) you really get the basic forms very quick and well. Your finished works really look great too. Don't have much crits, sorry, but I'd really like to see more big sketches, like that school class, and if you have some time to spare, a finished big scene! However, you are very talented, please continue posting!!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #319
hanzozuken
ZUKKKEEENNNEEDDD!!!!

holy crap goof your realism pics are blowing me away. so much improvement man, i love it.

hanzozuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:35 AM   #320
Goof
find the fish

Haven t been around much since last year because I didn t have much time to draw, now I m gonna have more time so I planning to get back on my sketchbook and post more work to improve!

here it goes, feel free to criticize, all comments are welcome!

copied from other artists :

random