Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Sketchbooks
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Default leonard's sketchbook: draw till your hand is on fire!!!

Better stuff in the later pages

well hi im new here, my name is leonardo! and im 21 yrs old and welcome to my sketchbook, please feel free to criticize my sketches if you find something youd like to point to me im always glad to hear feedback (my english kind of sucks you are gonna have to excuse me for that :( )

well anyways here are my sketches

Last edited by LeonardZC : 12-04-2012 at 12:02 PM.
LeonardZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
LeonardZC
Karbonite

well today wasnt very art packed yknow, i promise a lot more in the future, i did a couple of portraits and some composition studies and more miscelanious practice here and there well here are the drawings anyway, as always any feedback is appretiated.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Default todays update

some more girls today i want to practice my females more and tomorrow ill practice males and maybe some color, a couple studies for sure

Old 10-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
hanzozuken
ZUKKKEEENNNEEDDD!!!!

good thing you are study anatomy, you can never sketch the human body enough, I would say after looking at all your pictures, the process you need to learn is weight. or how to render weight and how it relates to muscles, relaxed or tense. also the muscles within the leg because those seem to look the least believable. always take your sketchbook everywhere man, can't wait to see how you improve. are you also using an anatomy sourcebook at all?

hanzozuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Quote:
good thing you are study anatomy, you can never sketch the human body enough, I would say after looking at all your pictures, the process you need to learn is weight. or how to render weight and how it relates to muscles, relaxed or tense. also the muscles within the leg because those seem to look the least believable. always take your sketchbook everywhere man, can't wait to see how you improve. are you also using an anatomy sourcebook at all?
I have anatomy books and i have a good amount of drawins of them but they were just for practice i want to get into the habit of taking every drawing as a piece and really try and depict as much information in the body as i can, i have studied/practiced gesture a lot and i think its time i tackle head on anatomy
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Default todays dump

sooo today i did some figures and portraits i really liked the back one i made it an extra effort to try and use line weight to show form and it went good i think, what do you think?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Default digital, oh digital

well started digital and its coming really slowly havent really had anything post worthy alot of crappy studies that even tho i learn gigantics ammount of info, it takes a while to build to a state im comfortable with it, so it will come in time for sure but in the mean time its hard becoming a complete beginner at something again, sorry by all the whining its how i get along with my mistakes and destroy them with practice, well heres the stuff

have a good day everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	figura color fix.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	2254  

Old 10-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
LeonardZC
Karbonite

well havent done much :( been trying to force myself to do something creative but nothing really worth it comes out guess its just a bad week huh, well been doing lots of figures mostly in digital still kinda afraid of color i mean i suck so bad at it, it just ruins the drawing at it pisses me off T.T

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	girls3.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	2255  

My Sketchboook
Old 10-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
LeonardZC
Karbonite

costume sketching, theese are really loose and my main focus is not figure but learning different styles and a bit about drapery and basicly gain a better undestanding of how clothes behave cuz ive done aloooot of nudes hahaha

My Sketchboook
Old 10-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Default back to traditional!

well im back to traditional, i think id rather work more on my gestures and basics and also values before trying more digital, it feels like i was rushing, well nothing worth posting but a kind of shitty portrait

My Sketchboook
Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Default big updates

well im here with another update basically all ive been doing, alot of studies and understanding of the forces within the body, also been focusing of putting everything together, theres till big issues with my drawings but i can feel the progress and plan on doing much much more

My Sketchboook
Old 11-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Grieverjoe
Ever Skyward

Awards Showcase
Boss Battle - 3rd place:  - Issue reason: Popped a few potions and went on a rampage 
Total Awards: 1

Those arm studies are looking pretty sharp. Where are you getting your references from?
Grieverjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #13
LeonardZC
Karbonite

they are from michael hampton's book figure drawing: design and invention

My Sketchboook
Old 11-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Default todays update

hi im just dumping tonights update its just legs, going into feet next and portraits after that! so yeah wish me luck

My Sketchboook
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Threes
umop episdn

Send a message via AIM to Threes Send a message via MSN to Threes Send a message via Yahoo to Threes

beautiful clean lines. My recommendation for you is to start pushing your values. in most i see two values - a mid-gray and white of the paper. I would say try to get 3 values - black, gray and white - and then push to 5 values.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
LeonardZC
Karbonite

@Threes youre right plus its multitaskin i love it! thanks for the advice!

My Sketchboook
Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
LeonardZC
Karbonite

Default updates updates

hi guys! well heres my practice on feet, damn i learned so much i always used triangles to express feet hahahaha, it certainly is quite complicate and will come back to all of these anatomy studies again in the future but for now i feel pumpled with so much info also my head drawings suck but now i know somewhat the planar and structure of the head, ill do some poses next and some portraits with enfasis on anatomy and exaggeration of the pose and well see from there.

My Sketchboook
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
Professor Az
TK-85650

Since you asked for my opinion in my sketchbook, here it is:

Nice work.

Honestly. It takes time to develop that "inner eye" that artists have. It doesn't happen in one session, hell, it doesn't even happen in one year. With continued practice and observation is the path of greatness. About the only thing I can tell you (and I tell a lot of people) is to draw what you see when working from reference, not what you think you see. Pay attention to the proportions in the reference, and double check your proportions using other traditional methods when necessary. The seven-heads method and the double-triangle method, are two that come immediately to mind when I view your work. You've got the correct anatomic shapes that you're supposed to have, but they aren't lining up or overlapping in the right spots sometimes. This causes the overall image to look wonky. Your hand and feet drawings are pretty darn good, you bet.

I've fallen out of practice for the most part, so I'm flattered you would even ask for a critique.

Cheers!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #19
LeonardZC
Karbonite

@Proffessor thank you for such a thought out reply, and i agree with everything you said ive been re learning the landmarks in the body i think that its really gonna help me to line-up my forms better and restudy vilppus aproach focusing on overlapping forms. also agree with you about learning HOW to take the most out of your studies, and what i try to do is to "reconstruct" the drawing and think the way the artist thought when he drew that particular study, feeling through form and shape and basicly make a blueprint in my brain i can come back to in times of panic hahaha.

also ive come to the decision to start on working from life the most i can, and to vary the subjets i work on, i feel ive been to immersive about the figure and havent really practiced my still lifes or began learning about value, wich are topics that are just as important so im going to try and diversify my studies.

i know reaching the level i wish to reach its gonna take me a long time, and im still a complete newbie to alot of things but i think obtaining a pace of practice im comfortable with its the best favor i can do myself to get there, so ill just keep on thriving towards that goal.

My Sketchboook
Old 11-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #20
LeonardZC
Karbonite

helloo people, im here with another update like i promised im trying variety and it feels good, take my word for it i havent done still lifes in a while and let me tell you they improved ALOT! i mean if course they still suck and look wonky as hell but they have a feelig in structure that it was really refreshing, im deffinetely gonna keep on doing them.

My Sketchboook