Go Back   Polykarbon Art Forum > GALLERY > Sketchbooks
Register FAQ Members List Arcade IRC Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #121
Stitchface
Karbonite

Send a message via MSN to Stitchface

It's nice to see your progression all the way back from the end of 2004 in this Sketchbook

You have a good solid style and your colours are great (I like the GITS hehe) Also you have some nice poses going on with your characters (Something i really need to work on with my drawings .. ugh..)

Anyway.. nice work!
________
Ford Durango history

Last edited by Stitchface : 02-01-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Stitchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #122
Alex J.

the one with deadpool is freakin sweet!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #123
Moniker
Ouendaaaaan!

Hooray for Cable!

This is some incredible marker work. I need to learn such inking skill....

Great job!

Moniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #124
IAC
Blinky Blink

Send a message via AIM to IAC Send a message via MSN to IAC Send a message via Yahoo to IAC

Well, it's been awhile since I've update this, so why not do a little dump here in public

Yes yes, lots and lots of women... what can I say? I will have some dudes in the mix soon enough though, I always do the fun stuff first though.
IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #125
m3_freak
Karbonara

one day I too will draw a sexy lady!

Keep it up mate, it's hard to even say why now but despite it still so obviously being your style it's still getting better and better.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #126
IAC
Blinky Blink

Send a message via AIM to IAC Send a message via MSN to IAC Send a message via Yahoo to IAC

Thanks M3, I'll keep the hot ladies coming then! Till then, here's a boring old dude, you can tell I put less enthusiasm and excitement in dudes...

Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #127
FlakoFigZ
It's not easy being green

Wasup IAC.... Nice work there ^^^

...I've been out for a while... extremely busy due to work n stuff.. havent even had time to doodle... well, maybe a little .

If you wanna start up the SE again PM me .

[edit] rofl @ i am teh sniper wolf... rawr

Last edited by FlakoFigZ : 11-28-2007 at 09:35 AM.
FlakoFigZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #128
Darkferret
still procrastinator

Send a message via AIM to Darkferret

you seem to cover up your figures' necks alot... just a random thing i noticed on this page. I like the style, strikes me as old school somewhat.

old ones ^
Darkferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #129
IAC
Blinky Blink

Heh, you're the first person to say that about the necks, but I've actually been waiting for someone to mention it. Actually it's not that I want to hide them but part of the suit design. The ARPS officers have the "collars" which are actually hoods to help hide them from detection. When they pull the collar up it turns into a hood that masks their heat signature. Mai has some ins with ARPS and managed to get one for her suit. I'm not sure how much I would use it in the story/comic, but I figure it shouldn't just be a design element. So that's what those collar muffler things are. For the sword chick (Val) she would most likely have some kind of helmet that she wears, and Ai (the blond) could care less, she just wants to smash and punch. I need to work on the story a lot more, as you can see, but this is all for a project due mid December. So I am pumping out the mediocre arts for a website. That might explain the "old school" look, that or the markers. Either way, thanks for the comment.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #130
storm dragon
Noogi! Noogi! Noogi!

ya think i should use wizard how to draw heroic anatomy to learn such poses wit da ladies or should i just doodle and dooodle until i get it right?

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. -General Douglas McArthar
storm dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #131
IAC
Blinky Blink

Weird place for a question, but ok.

Back in the day I used to use Wizard's "Learn to Draw" sections to "learn". I ended up just copying what I saw and never really learned too much. But I think that if you have a good grasp of anatomy, those sections are good to read for slight tips. For an actual learning experience draw from life or photography of real people. Set youself a goal and take it slow. Learning to draw doesn't happen overnight. Make a plan, maybe spend an hour or two drawing just hands or feet. Then just work on other parts you are unfamiliar with. If you can, try enrolling in an art class or get a group of people together for a drawing session. Just practice practice practice!

And just for resurrecting my sketchbook... here's a crappy speed paint, weeeee

Old 01-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #132
storm dragon
Noogi! Noogi! Noogi!

you are right no one acheives a particular goal overnight you have to work your backside off

problem is we dont have art classes in my town so i guess i will have to go with the "draw from life" thing thanx. oh ... and by the way the speed paint is not that bad.

i will try to stay in touch wit you and ''token black guy'' incase i need help....if ya dont minds

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. -General Douglas McArthar
Old 01-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #133
storm dragon
Noogi! Noogi! Noogi!

by the way i'm a star wars fan myself so may the force be wit you